Hey all! So I’m setting up.. or have setup rather.. a few new production load
balancer servers to be used for handling LDAPS connections.   Anyway last week
I encountered some client requests that were directed at ldaps.domain.com:636
and were given the wrong SSL cert.  In the config (pasted here
https://0bin.net/paste/1aOh1F4y#qStfT0m0mER3rhI3DonDbCsr0NRmVuH9XiwvagEkAiE )
My questions surround the syntax of the config file.. My belief is that using
SNI I should not specify a cert file in the frontend. In my testing internally
I can bind and do lookups all day long. I did setup an EC2 instance, had the
firewall holes poked and using LDP.exe was able to bind and perform look ups as
well. But when the production environment started trying SNI was not being
matched, the requests for ldaps were being given the SSL cert for etech.com
(sanitized).
Anyway, from what it seems, I can’t find a ton of info on Haproxy with SNI and
LDAPS so I question if my config is correct.

Thanks!

[Jamf]

Ben Hart
IT Systems Administrator
100 Washington Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55401
[Phone]
+00 1 989 424 0187
[Email]
ben.h...@jamf.com
[Web]
www.jamf.com<https://www.jamf.com>
[Facebook]   [Twitter]    [LinkedIn]    [YouTube]