Hello Willy,

On Sat, 26 Mar 2022 at 10:22, Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu> wrote:
> A change discussed around previous announce was made in the H2 mux: the
> "timeout http-keep-alive" and "timeout http-request" are now respected
> and work as documented, so that it will finally be possible to force such
> connections to be closed when no request comes even if they're seeing
> control traffic such as PING frames. This can typically happen in some
> server-to-server communications whereby the client application makes use
> of PING frames to make sure the connection is still alive. I intend to
> backport this after some time, probably to 2.5 and later 2.4, as I've
> got reports about stable versions currently posing this problem.

While I agree with the change, actually documented is the previous behavior.

So this is a change in behavior, and documentation will need updating
as well to actually reflect this new behavior (patch incoming).

I have to say I don't like the idea of backporting such changes. We
have documented and trained users that H2 doesn't respect "timeout
http-keep-alive" and that it uses "timeout client" instead. We even
argued that this is a good thing because we want H2 connections to
stay up longer. I suggest not changing documented behavior in bugfix
releases of stable and stable/LTS releases.

cheers,
lukas