Hello everyone,

We recently bumped our HAproxy deployment to 2.5 and are now getting hit by
this fix:

MEDIUM: mux-h1: Reject HTTP/1.0 GET/HEAD/DELETE requests with a payload

http://git.haproxy.org/?p=haproxy-2.5.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGELOG

The issue is we have many legacy customers using very old systems and we can’t
tell all of them to rewrite their clients to http/1.1.

I get the security fix to prevent request smuggling where some servers ignore
the body and treat it as another request, I’m not arguing that.

However, I was wondering if it was possible to intercept HTTP/1.0 client
requests and upgrade them to HTTP/1.1 without hitting the rejection code of the
commit here:
https://github.com/haproxy/haproxy/commit/e136bd12a32970bc90d862d5fe09ea1952b62974

This way we would not have to downgrade to HAproxy 2.4 again – which would be
very unfortunate as we need many of the nice features of 2.5.

Thanks a lot!