On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 12:09:59PM +0200, Christian Ruppert wrote:

> It even just happened when running with gdb, without a reload.

What the patch does is re-executing the master in wait-mode once the
worker was started in order to free the master memory of huge data
(maps, SSL certificates etc).

I thought your crash was unrelated but indeed what is weird is that you
experienced a watchdog crash in the master... which is is really
surprising since the master does not do much.

> Does that help? You mworker commit *seems*, at least at the first
> glance, to fix that. Without I have multiple coredumps within 24 hours.
> Often I can trigger some by just reloading/restarting. With your commit
> I couldn't for almost 24 hours + doing 100 reloads with 10s sleep
> between each.
> Let me know if you want me to turn on some debug flags or something
> else. Or do you want a dump? I'd share it off-list then.

That does help indeed, but I will need a full coredump with the binaries
to analyze what provoked this watchdog in the master!

Is it a problem you have since a while or did it happens with an update?
It's not impossible that a fix provoked this.

--
William Lallemand