On Thu, Sep 15, 2022 at 01:06:25AM +0200, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
> Hi William.
>
> [...]
> How about to change this to something like
>
> Built with SSL Library version
> Running on SSL Library version
> SSL library supports ...
>
> Because it's confusing :-)
>
> Built with OpenSSL version : LibreSSL 3.6.0
>
> I thought also something like
>
> Built with (OpenSSL|LibreSSL) version : LibreSSL 3.6.0
>
> But this looks ugly to me.

I get your point, but this is still a library from the OpenSSL family, a
fork which uses most of the OpenSSL API, you still have to build with
USE_OPENSSL=1. It's the same for OpenSSL, LibreSSL, quicTLS, BoringSSL.

At some point if we add a whole new API, for example gnuTLS or wolfssl,
this would be a whole new API, and we would have to rename the defines
and probably this line in haproxy -vv.

--
William Lallemand