On Tue, Dec 06, 2022 at 07:54:33PM +0500, Илья Шипицин wrote:
> I recall I even promised to do something, but I did not :-)
>
> automatically determine "which is latest 3.0.x" does not make much sense,
> it is stable branch, very conservative. we can stick to 3.0.7, for example.
> I do not expect any breaking change between 3.0.7 and 3.0.8

I recall a discussion like this indeed, couldn't find the previous
thread. There was cases of broken minor release for LibreSSL for
example, so it's better to stick to a release for the push CI  and
upgrade once the weekly CI passed.

> we can move "latest" to weekly, np. as for stable branches CI, I think them
> do not have to follow the same rules as development branch, we can have
> different matrix for stable and development.

I think we could it this way:

- weekly "latest" for libreSSL, OpenSSL, whateverSSL for HAProxy master
  branch
- git push CI with fixed version in HAProxy master

> I think I got the idea.
> looks like you use the same github actions for stable branches.

Indeed, at some point the master branch become a stable branch, so we
inherit all of this.

> either I will manage to make them different or I will stick to
> 3.0.something.  hopefully tomorrow

IMHO it should never be "latest" anywhere else than the weekly, we don't
want to be disturbed by this when pushing our code.

I don't think we need a weekly for the stable branch, so it could be
conditionned by a check on the version, for example only started if
there is '-dev' in the version.

So we should probably:

- Revert "latest" to "3.0.7" in the master, and backport the patch in the
previous supported branches. (as far as 2.4 I think)

- Introduce "3.1.0-alpha1" to master

- Introduce "latest" to weekly master

--
William Lallemand