Le 3/6/23 à 08:50, Christian Ruppert a écrit :
On 2023-03-03 16:37, Christopher Faulet wrote:
Le 3/3/23 à 15:40, Christian Ruppert a écrit :
So I can reproduce it. I captured the response, extracted the data
which
includes to entire header + payload. I put that into a file like
foo.bin
and I start a "nc" that just serves that one response on every
request.
It works fine, no 500, no PH. Even with the same request so I really
don't get it.

I really wonder if that's a HAProxy bug.

Hi Christian,

It is indeed possible. Could you share your configuration ? Is there
any special in the response ?

Hi Christopher,

I can share the config off-list. I don't see anything special, neither
in the request nor the response.
Do you know where the 500/PH is being set in the source by chance?
Perhaps I can add some additional debugging there.
If it's a invalid response, I'd guess that Apache would already block
that from the actual backend (Apache is in front of it).
The Response has a small header, small body. XML.
Too bad I cannot get that 500 on every request/response :(

Hi Christian,

Sorry for the delay, just back from vacation. So sure, you can send me your configuration off-list. If you have a simple reproducer, share it too. It will be easier to understand what happens.

In the code, you can find rewrite errors by grepping on "failed_rewrites". It a frontend/backend/listener/server counter. A rewrite error may happen every time haproxy tries to alter the request or the response.

--
Christopher Faulet