For Debian stable, usually only a critical vulnerability. In theory, this could also be major bugs, but maintaining an hybrid patched version is something we prefer not to do, to not have people running in the wild an additional unsupported (by upstream) branch.

For Debian backports, they should follow the version in testing. Sometimes (like now), I forget to upload the version once it reaches testing.

Note that Debian backports may upgrade you to a new major version without much warning.

On 2023-05-09 23:17, Jim Freeman wrote:
Just Curious ... (probably a Vincent et al question?)

What considerations/timings trigger gating an haproxy release getting into debian (and backports) archives ?

Severity of problems fixed in release (e.g. CVE, ...) ?
Available bandwidth/fatigue of uploaders ?
Debian guidelinesĀ ?

As always - gratitude and kudos to all for a stellar and useful system.
...jfree