Hi!

HA-Proxy 2.2.9

I have an HA-Proxy frontend and an application backend. The authentification is done by the backend.

The HA-Proxy replaces an older pound proxy. Pound could log like Apache, so the log contained the user name, even if pound didn’t authenticate the user.

Searching the net I have found the following string to decode the username from the auth string:

        req.fhdr(Authorization),regsub(^Basic\s+,,i),b64dec,regsub(:.+,)

So I tried the following in the frontend section:

        http-request set-var(req.s1)
req.fhdr(Authorization),regsub(^Basic\s+,,i),b64dec,regsub(:.+,)
        log-format "%[var(req.s1)]"

But this doesn’t work, I get „-” in the log.

What did I wrong?

Many greetings,

        Stephan

--
|    If your life was a horse, you'd have to shoot it.    |