Viktor Szakáts wrote:
Can you test if hbfbird works with similar SQL command?
They are using the same API, so if that one works, it's only a matter of finding the difference.

Hi,

I have not noticed we have one more firebird contrib. Samples of hbfbird do not work for me.

---------------
C:\harbour\contrib\hbfbird\tests>simple.exe

      -904
Connecting...
can't format message 13:98 -- message file C:\harbour\contrib\hbfbird\firebird.msg not found
---------------
C:\harbour\contrib\hbfbird\tests>test.exe

-904 can't format message 13:96 -- message file C:\harbour\contrib\hbfbird\firebird.msg not fo
und
Error: -902 can't format message 13:98 -- message file C:\harbour\contrib\hbfbird\firebird.msg
 not found
---------------

Please, tell is anyone can run it without error - I'll try reinstall FB.

BTW, the following commit
  * contrib/rddsql/sddfb/sddfb.c
    ! Few cleanups in the FB RDDSQL interface (macro and type usage).

was not a macro/type cleanup only, but also changed error codes.
Of cause, usage of status[1] looks a little ugly, but these errors are defined in firebird/include/iberror.h and are much more informative. See, http://www.firebirdsql.org/doc/contrib/fb_1_5_errorcodes.pdf one SQL error code returned by isc_sqlcode() corresponds to many firebird error codes.

So, I'm going to revert this, but put error code processing into separate function, to keep code clear and be easy updateable.

[ In case isc_start_transaction() these error codes do not help, because error returned in status does not follow the "standard way" errors are returned. isc_sqlcode() returns -999, which actually means something like "unknown error". ]

Regards,
Mindaugas