On 2010.05.18 20:06, Mindaugas Kavaliauskas wrote:
Hi.

+ Finalized: all the three modes of selection programatically.
::toggleStreamSelection() No Key
::toggleColumnSelection() No Key
::toggleLineSelection() == F11
::clearSelection() == Sh+F11
If a selection mode is initiated by above three methods,
it can only be exited by calling the same method again.

F11
Down
Down
F11 does not stop selection, though text above says "can be exited" :(
Down
Down

Sh+F11 also do not stop selection, but unselects current selection. So,
I still do not know how can I implement ::stopSelection()

Also:

1)
::toggleStreamSelectionMode()
Down
Down (do not select text - bad)

2)
::toggleColumnSelectionMode()
Down
Left (do not select text - bad)

3) Public methods in Keyboard Macros has names ::...SelectionMode(), but you've wrote ::...Selection() in the text above, so it's completely not clear that is right names.

So, the only method that really works is ::clearSelection(). And I'm getting a little tired of testing code that almost never do what is expected. It seems that code is never tried to run and test by developer. Code fixing is a kind of random movement with probability 0 to reach the goal. I'm also a little tired of explaining (again and again) the idea of three selection modes what I've seen in MultiEdit, and what I'd like to use.

If I'll find more regressions than fixes in a few next tests, I'll drop the idea of using hbide until I will not find time to develop it myself. Though I'm not sure if it will ever happen.

Regards,
Mindaugas