DX TIPS

BBC launches major audience campaign across Pakistan:
BBC World Service has launched a major marketing campaign to meet its Urdu
audiences across Pakistan and promote BBC Urdu's flagship program,
Sairbeen. Throughout the month-long campaign, BBC Sangat Kahain Aap Sunain
Hum (You Say, We Listen), the BBC Urdu team will visit 10 towns, engaging
local communities in discussions about issues central to their lives, such
as water shortages and women's education. Debates will be broadcast on BBC
Urdu's popular evening news and current affairs program, Sairbeen.

The campaign editorial is supported with BBC Urdu TV commercials on
Pakistan's national and regional TV stations such as PTV, ARY One, Khyber
TV, KTN and Indus Vision. There are also print ads in the national and
regional press, including Jang, Naw-i-Waqt, Khabrain, Mashriq and Express,
as well as hoardings, banners, posters and leaflets. The TV advertising was
produced by Waqas Ahmed, a leading name in Pakistan's TV commercial
industry. Karachi-based Blitz DDB was appointed by BBC World Service
marketing team to deliver the creative and audience participation events.

Acting head of BBC Urdu, Mirza Waheed, is looking forward to the
opportunities to interact with the audiences: "The BBC Sangat campaign
captures the essence of the BBC Urdu programming, which is for our
audiences and about our audiences. "It will bring us closer to the
listeners in Pakistan and will directly channel their voices and their
views to the millions of listeners across the region."

Alan Booth, Controller of BBC World Service Marketing, Communications &
Audiences, says the aim of the campaign is to further boost BBC Urdu
listenership in Pakistan: "BBC Urdu performs exceptionally strongly in
Pakistan, receiving higher ratings than other international broadcasters
for trust, objectivity and relevance. "However, as TV becomes an
increasingly available and popular medium, we want to reinforce our
listener base in Pakistan, connecting to them and engaging them in a
dialogue on important issues." Campaign creatives are available on request.
(BBC Press Release, 28 Feb. 05)

Best Regards,

MD. AZIZUL ALAM AL-AMIN
GOURHANGA, GHORAMARA
RAJSHAHI-6100
BANGLADESH

World Radio TV Handbook 2005 is coming out. Preorder yours and support open
communications for DXers: