12145, SW Radio Africa, via Tbilisskaya, Russia, 1630-1750, May 31, in what
obviously was their last SW broadcast as they announced several times: "This is
the last Shortwave broadcast from SW Radio Africa." They would continue on 1197
MW and the internet. They also said at 1728: "We wish our listeners to stay
strong, in whatever prison they are in right now!". Mostly News reel in mixed
English, Shona and Ndebele, and often in the latter two native languages with
many English words included. Slight jamming at times from jamming stations
purchased from China. Some audio fall outs throughout the broadcast. 44434
heard // 15145: 33222. It seems to me that President Robert Mugabe has won this
air battle! (Petersen)

Best 73,
Anker

World Radio TV Handbook 2005 is coming out. Preorder yours and support open
communications for DXers: