I just received the following from Robert Kipp in Germany concerning
resurrecting Radio St. Helena SW broadcasts.  I do hope one day that this will
come to pass.  Maybe all that would be needed is a donation of a decent HF
transmitter!"

Radio St. Helena : An  Update

Back in September we requested email support for the famous RSH international,
multi-media, interactive shortwave broadcasts.  Many many thanks to one and all
who sent their opinions. World DX Club (USA) (Rich D'Angelo), Jerry Berg (USA),
several individuals in USA, DSWCI (Anker Petersen) (Denmark), New Zealand Radio
DX League (Mark Nicholls), North Otago Branch of NZRDXL (Peter Grenfell),
Australian Radio DX Club (John Wright), J. Palmer in the Western Cape (South
Africa), W. Salmaniw in British Columbia (Canada), British DX Club (Dave
Kenny), Benelux DX-Club (H. Poortvliet), and individuals in Germany, Spain, and
Chile. Those are just the ones who copied their emails to me; I assume that
several more sent their emails only to RSH.

Ralph Peters, the station manager of RSH; showed / read many of these emails at
the Board of Directors meeting at the end of September. Ralph and the Board
were "amazed and very pleased" with the world-wide support for RSH. At the
Board meeting on 28. November, the issues were again discussed in detail.  On
15. December, Mr. Vernon Quickfall,  the CEO of RSH,  wrote to us on behalf of
the Chairman of the Board of St. Helena News Media Services (the owner of RSH).
 The international SWL-community was thanked for all their support and efforts.
The Board would welcome our "Project", but the economic situation on St. Helena
is such that the Friends of RSH around the world would have to finance the
"Project" entirely on their own.  Therefore, it is now up to all the many
Friends of RSH to try to put St. Helena back on the shortwave map of the world.
Our "Project" to try to revive the RSH broadcasts on shortwave has really just
started.  RSH needs a great deal of help from all of !
 us!   More soon.

Robert Kipp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

.......Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC.