Sorong and Wamena both vary around 4870; yes, that means news. A quick search
of the DXLD archive found 4874.6 reported as Sorong, in 1-135, from a band
survey 8/28-9/3/2001 by Roland Schulze, then in Philippines, and also reported
as presumed Sorong on 4874.62 in 1-145, 8 October 2001. Strange there have been
no reports since then, however (Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- Jouko Huuskonen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> INDONESIA 4874,6 Radio Republik Indonesia with "warta berita" at 2130 UTC.
> Isn´t that news in Bahasa Indonesian? I didn´t hear any RRI-ID b/o pretty
> poor reception. Signal level was even S7. What´s the QTH I wonder.
>
> 73 de Jouko Huuskonen
> Turku FINLAND

http://mail.yahoo.com

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.