** CUBA [non]. R. República, 9955 via WRMI, 0655 Dec 25, no jamming, talking about Jesus, and political prisoners in Cuba. I seldom listen much to RR, but when I do, not just on Xmas, they sound like a religious station. Is turning counter-revolutionary Cuba into a theocracy their real agenda? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)
** ECUADOR. HCJB, 11960, Dec 25 at 1453 with usual very good signal aimed this way, but now I can detect some squealing, as the transmitter is starting to decay. YL preacher citing Lucas 2: 34-35, etc. If I had kept listening at 1459:30, you know what I would be saying (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ** GABON. RTVG, 4777, 0621 Dec 25, no buzz, but very undermodulated, apparently in French. Nothing on 19160 around 1445 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ** KOREA NORTH [non]. Dec 25 at 1437 on 6348, weird version of Santa Claus Is Coming To Town, with a relentless beat and lyrix presumably in Korean, on Echo of Hope. 1442 Jingle Bells in another unique version. I trust this portend the oppressed masses of the workers` paradise are having a jolly Xmas (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ** NIGERIA. FRCN Kaduna, 4770, Dec 25 at 0619, as soon as I tuned in heard Xmas and NY greetings in English (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ** PERU. Am fairly familiar with the 60mb band in the 06-07 UT period when I frequently tune around, so noticed a signal on 4790 Dec 25 at 0622 which normally is not to be heard. Must be one of the Peruvians, constantly mixed with CODAR swishes. Lively singing of some sort. 0645 recheck, demented preacher in seeming Spanish throwing in ``Aleluya, aleluya, aleluya`` three at a time, several times a minute. If there was an ID at TOH, missed it, but at 0700 was back in music. Due to format, presumably R. Visión rather than R. Atlántida; did not try to determine whether this one was slightly off frequency. Fortunately, Manuel Méndez, Spain, was listening to same just before I was and IDed it as R. Visión on 4790.2; evidently on late/early, all-night? for Xmas (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ** U K [and non]. I knew the main broadcast of H.M. The Queen`s Xmas message was to be at 1505 GMT Dec 25, so I dutifully tuned in the only BBCWS frequencies I could hear, altho poorly, 17830 and 17885, but no! The African streams could not be pre-empted merely for that. Then checked 6040 to Asia, and not on there either. Later checking the BBCWS online schedules, I find that 1505 was merely the time on the European/internet stream, and she was delayed for Africa until 1740. Meanwhile, this page has two different linx to the video version: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6208529.stm lasting some 7 minutes, featuring low-quality sound, 21 kbps and video with extraneous location sound. When I paused it, only the sound resumed at 8 kbps, with the video frozen. Let`s try the video and audio linx here: http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page1.asp Audio-only runs just 3 sesquiminutes, and embedded WM player claims both ``song`` and ``artist`` are BBC. For starters, she axually buys into the myth that Jesus was born at Xmas, which even devout religionist scholars admit is nonsense, and there she is, the titular head of the church! It was hard to pay attention to the body of her no-doubt well-intentioned message about respecting elders after such an introduxion (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ** U S A. WHRA, 15665, Dec 25 at 1512 UT IDed as Pulse FM and timecheck as 8:06! Pulse FM is their 96.9 outlet in South Bend, and is also the ``program`` on the WHRA schedule at 1505-1520, obviously a filler. Time check was 2 hours and 6 minutes slow, close enough? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com ---[Start Commercial]--------------------- Preorder your WRTH 2007: http://www.hard-core-dx.com/redirect2.php?id=wrth2007 ---[End Commercial]----------------------- ________________________________________ Hard-Core-DX mailing list [email protected] http://montreal.kotalampi.com/mailman/listinfo/hard-core-dx http://www.hard-core-dx.com/ _______________________________________________ THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE IS FREE. It may be copied, distributed and/or modified under the conditions set down in the Design Science License published by Michael Stutz at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/dsl.html
