530 FLORIDA AIRSPACE Radio Martí; *2200-2215 23 March, 2007.  "Standard" Rebelde
audio feed today (instead of Radio Cadena Habana), parallel 1180, 5025.  Air
Martí up at exactly 2200 with the usual Martí theme, ID, news.  Briefly about
equal level with Rebelde, then slowly slipping down. This log again on a local
Friday, and no trace of Air Martí the following day at 2200+.

1550 CUBA jammer; 0750-0758 25 March, 2007.  Absolutely huge, rapid, consistent
warble as reported by several others, but certainly not the same spastic
"wobbler" pattern; clearly this is an intentional jammer with very different
characteristics.  But who's the target here, WAMI, Tampa with their pathetic
night signal?  Or are Arnie's Henchmen thinking WRHC, Coral Gables is still on
1550?

1609.88 CANADA CHHA "Voces Latina," Toronto, ON; 0641-0737 25 March, 2007.  Per
David Crawford's log, blasting in with nonstop Spanish vocals (ritmo, bachatá,
rumba, son, etc.) across top of hour.  Quick male canned insert at 0732 with
mention of "Voces Latina" then into English vocal ('N Sync, I think).  Presume
this is the mystery station I've had pieces of here for quite awhile, i.e.
December 22 and 23, 2006 logs.  And like DC's log, audio best in USB.  Pleased
to know that the CRTC is as lenient as the FCC on enforcing ID's and frequency
adherence.  At least the latter allows for being able to log this one so well
from Florida.  A pretty good feature on this one is at:
http://www.travelandtransitions.com/insights/voces_latinas_interview.htm.  Note
the four primary languages aired on this one.

6973.32 ISRAEL Galei Zahal; 0015-0157 24 March, 2007.  The usual eclectic music
mix: several techno tracks, then The Beatles "Blackbird" at 0114, Dylan's "Like
A Rolling Stone" at 0151.  Very good, but drifng between 6973.29-.34.

9595 JAPAN Radio Nikkei; 0737-0750 25 March, 2007.  Japanese talk program, clear
and fair.  Parallel 6055 about equal level, and 3925 weak.  Surprised this one
hasn't closed down shortwave operations by now.

9599.25 MEXICO XEYU Radio UNAM, México, DF; 0825-0828 25 March, 2007.  Male
tenor opera, clear and fair with modulation a bit low.  Up to 9599.29 at 1558
check.

15785.38 ISRAEL Galei Zahal; 1415-1425 24 March, 2007.  Clear and briefly fair
on fade up with HebePops vocals, Hebrew female DJ.  Their daytime channel.

USA (PIRATE) Channel Z, 15066.76 kHz, full data 4-color 6 X nearly 4-inch,
four-color "pirate/ship" logo QSL card and personal letter from the op in 22
days for an e-mail report.

Summarizing the letter: 18 watts home-built transmitter, of variant design by
LU8EHA.  Channel Z's aggregate homebrew transmitters have been heard in 20 US
states, Canada, France and the Netherlands.  (This log made from his horizontal
dipole, cut to 15070 kHz.)

"...Four other transmitters are in use.  The first transmitter built was a
Grenade clone.  After that a Corsair and Commando were built, both of which are
Dave Martin designs.  In addition, I also built the "Guerilla", a design by
Radio Anarchy...

"... There is a small, dedicated group of hobbyists that like to build their own
transmitters, so you will be hearing more and more of these on the air.  Right
now in the USA, WAZU, WKZP ("K-ZAP"), Ground Zero Radio, and Liquid Radio are
broadcasting with their own homebrewed transmitters.  I know several people in
the Netherlands are doing this also..."

Terry L Krueger
Clearwater, Florida
USA
27.55.83 N, 82.46.08 W

Visit my "Florida Low Power Radio Stations" at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~tocobagadx/flortis.html
                        or:
http://www.geocities.com/geigertree/flortis.html

Preorder your WRTH 2007: