I was monitoring today May 16 at 1405 UT and the Afropop music distraction
(there is nothing to jam after 1400), was actually on 17647.0. At 1344 it was
also on 17647.0, presumably to jam Sawt al-Amal clandestine for Libya, probably
the weaker station on 17642.5. Frequencies vary from day to day or even hour to
hour, as SAA tries to avoid the jamming. The music station stays on until 1531,
and is believed to be transmitted from Gabon on behalf of Col. Qaddafi. 73,
Glenn Hauser, Oklahoma

--- Kai Willner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Marcelo,
>
> it seems that you have been listening to one of the best music stations
> ever! However, it could be that bad guys are behind the superbe music!
> Conventional wisdom has it that the non-stop African music station is a
> jammer directed to North Africa. You may enter "afro-pop jammer" in Google
> to learn more.
>
> 73,
>
> Kai
>
> Munich / Germany
>
> On 5/16/07, Marcelo Xavier Vieira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello, everyone
> > This is my first message to Hard-core DX.
> > Today, early in the morning, I was trying to listen to some Chinese
> > shortwave stations on my portable receivers, but I end up finding something
> > much more interesting. I found an African (at least I believe it was
> > African) station on the frequency of 17645 kHz. I started to listen to it
> at
> > 1409 UTC and followed the transmissions until 1510 UTC. At the beginning my
> > SINPO was 25222, but at 1510 UTC I almost could'nt hear the broadcast
> > because the noise was too strong and loud. Despite my patience, I couldn't
> > hear any ID. The station played non-stop African pop music, without a
> single
> > identification or talk. The station played a lot of "ndombolo" songs, which
> > is a style of music produced mostly in the Democratic Republic of Congo. I
> > noticed also a slight noise coming from the transmitter whenever a song
> > stopped playing. Does anyone know the name of the station or its location?
> >
> > 73!
> >
> > Marcelo Xavier Vieira
> > Chapadão do Sul - Brazil

 for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's
economy) at Yahoo! Games.

Preorder your WRTH 2007: