Richard, I'll miss Central and South America, too!

I'm here in Southern NM, about 50 miles NW of El Paso.   I've been pulling in 
the BBC from Asia for years, in the morning and evenings.  I don't know what 
the new schedule is, but in the AM it's 9740 and 6195  (I've actually be able 
to get it in from 0700  thru about 1700; at 0300 past 0400 I get it on 7160, 
but I don't know where it's from.   About 1900 I can sometimes get it via 
Africa on 17810.  Morning 's 9740 is often so clear and strong before the 
grayline kicks in that I don't need to hook up my longwire to the Grundig PE 
400.  (I get R. Netherlands' eastern broadcast well, too.)

Hope this helps...fingers crossed that I'll still be getting it now with the 
changes, if any...

Gloria

From: "Richard Brock" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [HCDX] BBC A08
To: <[email protected]>
Message-ID: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Content-Type: text/plain;       charset="iso-8859-1"

Hello Dxers,
                   I see that Alokesh Gupta has posted the BBC A08 broadcast 
schedule and I know that they have stopped broadcasts to North America , they 
have also stopped broadcasts to Central and South America. I could pick them up 
here in Pittsburgh Pa. in the United States when they were still broadcasting 
to Central America but now 
they have stopped that. Does anyone know any tricks to pick them up via 
shortwave? I know that I can listen via their streaming audio but I consider 
that cheating since I've been an avid shortwave listner since 1965 and I feel 
jilted.

Richard Brock
Bridgewater/Beaver, Pa.
(Near Pittsburgh)
USA
---[Start Commercial]---------------------

Order your WRTH 2008:
http://www.hard-core-dx.com/redirect2.php?id=wrth2008
---[End Commercial]-----------------------
________________________________________
Hard-Core-DX mailing list
[email protected]
http://montreal.kotalampi.com/mailman/listinfo/hard-core-dx
http://www.hard-core-dx.com/
_______________________________________________

THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE IS FREE. It may be copied, distributed
and/or modified under the conditions set down in the Design Science License
published by Michael Stutz at
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/dsl.html

Reply via email to