> > I hadn't pulled up EBAY in a couple of months, so this evening I thought > I'd go there to see what receivers were available for bid? I first > entered the Watkins Johnson HF1000 for a search which came back > as zero items found. Then I tried the NRD-545 which also came back > without any results. Subsequent searches of other receivers came back > negative also. There were a couple NRD-525's out there, but they > looked like they were over priced from the results of the bids so far. > Anyway, I don't recall the availability of table top receivers ever being > so scarcest before on EBAY? I realize the economy is bad now, but > I would think there'd be those wanting to sell their receivers for some > extra cash, rather than holding on to them?
may be an issue of reduced supply. this ICF-2010 just sold for $465 ! http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-ICF-2010-World-Band-Radio-Receiver-short-wave_W0QQitemZ260421303102 http://herculodge.typepad.com/ above blog links to hot ebay auctions, tho the emphasis is on panasonic/sony portables and "Manly" MW/FM toys ---[Start Commercial]--------------------- Order your WRTH 2009: http://www.hard-core-dx.com/redirect2.php?id=wrth2009 ---[End Commercial]----------------------- ________________________________________ Hard-Core-DX mailing list [email protected] http://montreal.kotalampi.com/mailman/listinfo/hard-core-dx http://www.hard-core-dx.com/ _______________________________________________ THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE IS FREE. It may be copied, distributed and/or modified under the conditions set down in the Design Science License published by Michael Stutz at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/dsl.html
