Indonesia, 4749.94, RRI Makassar, 1040-1100,  Noted music at
initial tune in.  At 1050 a female comments briefly in Indonesian
language.  At 1053 back to music. On the hour news.
Signal was fair.  (Chuck Bolland, October 18, 2009)

Russia, 5920, Radio Rossii, 1059-1110,  Noted canned ID's by female
and a male on the hour.  This was followed with live Russian language
news by a male.  No sign of WBOH at this time on the frequency.
Rossii was at a good level.  (Chuck Bolland, October 18, 2009)

Russia, 5940, Radio Rossii, 1100-1110,  Noted a parallel transmission
of Rossii on 5920, here.  This transmission was at a fair level.  (Chuck
Bolland, October 18, 2009)

Indonesia, 9525.92, Voice of Indonesia, 1113-1130,  Noted a woman in
Chinese language comments.  From the pace she is speaking, it's easy
to determine that Chinese isn't here principle language.  Comments
continued as the signal remained at a fair level.  (Chuck Bolland,
October 18, 2009)

Watkins Johnson HF1000
26.37N  081.05W

Well the cool wave finally arrived over night here in Florida.
Fortunately it is only a mild one because it's a chore to
type these loggings with cold hands.  The weather person
says we will be back to normal (hot and humid) temps
by Tuesday.  Following that, I suppose it will be a continuous
cycle for the next couple of months of hot and cold until
spring arrives?  Happily there's two positives that
result from this cool weather, the air-conditioner
can take a rest which reduces the electric cost and
the hurricane season is almost finished for this year.

I am not feeling too positive about the DX conditions
however.  I have a feeling that I've seen the last of
good conditions like occurred 20 years ago?  Also, I don't
know why so many countries have given up on shortwave?
"Hey we are still out here listening!  Those people with
their Ipods never listened in the first place, so what's
the problem?"

Chuck

http://www.orchidcitysoftware.com/IMAGE59.HTML    Magna download.