This mail I wrote replying Zach is referred in my former one... but  didn't get
through...
--------------------------------

 What Andy writes:

"In the absence of anything significant to review, a mere ten pages are
devoted to current receivers this year, and even some of those are
low-cost portables that are likely to be of very limited interest to
WRTH readers. However, there is a look at ‘Cold War Classics’ –
professional receivers of bygone years, which includes the Racal RA17
that I used when I worked at BBC Monitoring."

...may well be a sign of the modern times for DXing in general. But in my
opinion, this  receiver round-up review has forgotten the Degen DE1103 which
has became a good pet for FM & SW DXers for at least the past 5 years with an
excellent cost-performance relation. Also despite the models mentioned in the
"low-cost portable", the Ultralight niche among MW DXers is under expansion and
currently flourishing, thanks to the work and promotion made by Gary DeBock, &
all the people gathered in the ultralightdx Yahoo reflector and the support
given by DXer.CA and Colin Newell, since its beginning two years ago. Receivers
like the SRF 59 (the first ULR revelation), the PL300WT, Sony T615, Grundig G8,
D96L and the latest PL380 are encouraging many oldtimers who  renewing their
interest for MW DX, with a minimal expense. Certainly, however, the serious
table-top DXing indeed appears to have its future in SDR  and DSP radios.

   Horacio A. Nigro
    Montevideo
    Uruguay