Sign of times... audio cassettes begin to be scarce in shops overhere  in
Uruguay, So. America. The down side of this is that mp3 recorders with "line
in" input capable of recording directly from the radio set are still very
uncommon in the market,and I believe this also happens globally from my search
on the Web.

I asked in a specialized audio shop for mp3 recorders, yesterday and the model
they sell is around USD 500,oo. That's intended for professionals but not for
more general use.

I used a Zen Creative Nano I bought in 2005 in Spain but it became unusable
when it felt from my hands a few months ago. Other Creative mp3 with recording
line-in capabilities I know of had problems caused by its display generating
noise in the recording.

   Horacio A. Nigro
    Montevideo
    Uruguay