The report of the Syrian station sounds interesting so on Jan. 16 at
0430 UTC I tuned to 594 KHZ and all I can hear is a mish mash of heterodynes
and a preacher splashing from somewhere near 594. At one point I heard what
sounded like Mid-East type music and a female that was speaking what sounded
like Arabic. The signals are so weak with a lot of fading so I can't claim what
I heard. It's still early so maybe conditions will improve. My home made loop
antenna is getting the best results on that frequency. Perhaps it's time to
switch over to my Zenith Transoceanic radio? Good DX to all!.

Rich Brock
WA3028SWL
Beaver, Pennsylvania
USA