BHUTAN  [tentat.]  Noted Dec 17 at 1100 UT on 'footprint' 6035.045 kHz, used
a remote receiver unit in Japan, mixed with Viennese Waltz from YNDT PBS
Yunnan Kunming program on nearly even 6035 kHz. Nothing noted on 5030v at
that time.
73 wb

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Howard" Sent: Friday, December 16, 2011 7:12 PM
Subject: [dxld] Ron Howard logs and Bhutan BBS email

BHUTAN. 6035, BBS (tentative), 1258, Dec 16 with two stations
mixing together; stronger station at ToH with pips and clear “This is
the Voice of Shangri-La brought to you by Yunnan Radio”; two station
continue mixing; both in talk; 1303 tuned away; checked at 1337 to
find only Yunnan. Another early sign off again.

Received the following email in response to assume my Dec 13
reception report sent for 6035.

Dear Sir,
I got your reception report about our short wave transmission. Thank
you for the your kind report. We are broadcasting alternatively on 100
kw and 50 kw short wave transmitter.

Our transmission starts from 0:00 to 14:00 Hours GMT in different
languages.

Thanking you
Thinley Dorji
Transmission head
Thimphu, Bhutan

Therefore I assume 6035 on Dec 13 was 100 kW, off the air Dec 14,
Dec 15 was 50 kW and today 100 kW?

5030.0, BBS (presumed), 1244, Dec 16. Testing their transmitter here;
no audio just strong open carrier; believe they were alternating between
running full power and reduced power as the signal strength continually
changed. Carrier not heard later after 1300 UT.
(Ron Howard, Asilomar State Beach, CA, Etón E1, dxldyg via DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

BHUTAN was using their old 30 kW txer on 6035.048 kHz on the 15th from
around tune in 1050 UT till 1500 s. off. They had used the newer 100 kW on
5030 kHz at the same time. An AIR enginner is in Bhutan, training the
technicians and also making repairs to the transmitters. At 0125 UT also
heard on 6035 kHz. Good luck guys.

Bhutan is still on test basis on 5030 // 6035.48 kHz, Dec 17. Last night
they had audio on 6035.48 kHz but badly beating with VOShangri-la, but
5030 kHz had only open carrier throughout closing around 1300 UT, Dec 16.
(Victor Goonetilleke-CLN 4S7VK, DXplorer Dec 16/17)