Tonight 'seen WHITE NOISE signal' from Gedja Ethiopia
on 15163-15177 kHz wide range.
S=9+10dB in central Europe.

TDP schedule www.airtime.be/schedule.html

73 wb

----- Original Message ----- From: "Glenn Hauser" Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2012 5:39 PM
Subject: [HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs July 22, 2012

** ETHIOPIA [and non]. Re last report: ``UNIDENTIFIED. 15170-15175-15180,
July 21 at 1852 past 1900, unknown DRM signal here, very strong and much
stronger than 15115-15120-15125 Voice of Nigeria. Could find nothing in
DRM schedules or fora about this. In fact, only one analog transmission
earlier in the day from India is scheduled on 15175. But I could also hear
a weak AM carrier under the noise on 15175. A tree in the forest, falling
with no notification to the few DRM enthusiasts who might want to listen
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)``

Sei-ichi Hasegawa, Japan replies: ``Dear Glenn, This signal is not DRM. It
is the jamming of the DRM type from Ethiopia for Badr Radio.
de Hiroshi``

Oh yes, the AM underneath was a clue; I should have searched DXLD archive
on 15175, to find this in 12-22; so the Badr frequency and the jamming
will jump around, and only on Fri-Sat-Sun:.

``ETHIOPIA [non]. RUSSIA, QSL Badr Broadcasting Network via Samara-
RUSSIA 15165 kHz. Badr Broadcasting Network 15165 kHz bestaetigte
meinen Empfangsbericht innerhalb von 25 Tagen mit unterschriebener und
abgestempelter PPC. Adresse: Badr Ethiopia, 4701 Sangamore Road, Suite
#125 South, Bethesda MD 20816, USA.

Eine e-mail brachte keine Antwort. Die Stationen sendet 1830-1900 UT
im Bereich von 15165 kHz. Auf der Webseite http://www.badrradio.com
werden inzwischen die Frequenzen 15150 / 15155 / 15165 / 15170 / 15175
/ 15180 kHz genannt, wohl um aethiopischen Jammern zu entgehen.
(Patrick Robic, Austria, A-DX May 18 via BC-DX May 30 via DXLD)

New TDP station - Badr Radio/Badr Broadcasting Network in Amharic,
1830-1900 15165 SAM 250 kW 188 deg Fri-Sun to EaAF, eff April 20 (DX
MIX News, Ivo Ivanov-BUL, via wwdxc BC-DX TopNews May 1, ibid.)``

But still, 15175 is missing from all the current frequency schedule
references. Except re-looking at Aoki, not a main entry but:

``15165 Badr Radio 1830-1900 1....67 Amharic 250 188 Samara RUS 05015E
5317N BBN TDP a12 15150-15175``

The DRM promoters should be ashamed of availablizing their technology for
jamming! What I heard sounded just like DRM noise, but I suppose would not
have decoded to anything intelligible/legible. Could the Ethiopians at
least tag it ``Gotcha, Badr!``? (Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)