** CANADA. 1430, Feb 13 at 0640 UT, some strange language catches my ear vs
heavy pileup QRM; intonation sounds somewhat Esperanto which suggests a CRI
relay tho supposedly only in English or Chinese, but followed by South
Asian-sounding song at 0644.

There are plenty of ETHnic or Asian stations on the 3+ pages for 1430 in the
NRC AM Log 2012-2013, in California, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, New Jersey,
none very likely due to distance, night power (or daytime only in Morgan City
LA, primarily Cajun).

Perhaps best bet is 50 kW day & night CHKT Toronto, listed as Chinese/ETH. NRC
Antenna Pattern Book 2005 showed all its signals day and night go NNW, but
Canadians typically ignore such rules. Do others who are not NNW from Toronto
hear CHKT?

Ahá, found the CHKT program grid http://www.am1430.com/en/scheduler.php
which shows Punjabi at 12-5 am ET daily, (Sanjha Punjab Radio), so this is a
tentative rather than unID log. They have lots of Asian languages, not just
Mandarin and Cantonese (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. 11845, Feb 13 at 1410, rather heavy pulse jamming against nothing:
only one sesquimonth to go before R. Martí axually resumes an A-season-only
frequency (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** DIEGO GARCIA. 12759-USB, Feb 13 at 0102, can barely detect some SSB here, so
AFN is again on its day frequency this early, but not enough signal tonight vs
noise level. Meanwhile, my second attempt to send reception report direct to
station did not bounce immediately, but 24 hours later at 0226 UT Feb 13:

``Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.
<d...@mediacen.navy.mil>:
Mail server for "mediacen.navy.mil" unreachable for too long``

Tony Ashar got his QSL from Los Ángeles with site specified, but one should not
have to do that, especially when heard with local DG programming. May try the
feedback form at MyAFN.

Sudipta Ghose says, ``Hi Glenn! They leave one frequency and go for the other
one at their whim. Sometimes the modulation is pathetic (even on USB!!!)
However, they are almost regular in Calcutta both on the 12 MHz or in 4 MHz``
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GOA [and non]. 11775, Feb 13 at 1411, Anguilla is AWOL, so instead we get to
hear two other stations making CCI with flutter, apparently S Asian vs Chinese.
Aoki shows AIR Nepali service at 1330-1430, 250 kW, 25 degrees from Panaji,
which really shouldn`t need jamming, but it unfortunately follows the AIR
Tibetan service at 1215-1330 which certainly does (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1650 kHz, Feb 13 at 0102 UT, I can still hear KYHN ``Fort Smith
AR``, again running the Smerconish promo I had around sunrise, and still
claiming ``10,000 watts``, which better be an exaggeration after sunset. This
via DX-398 on the porch. Could still be on day power as dominant signal on
frequency, unlike next check, FRG-7 with E-W longwire at 0620 when buried in
QRM, and *still* running no real programming, just promos as heard before, now:
Clark Howard show; I don`t know him, ``25 years of consumer empowerment`` but
he has plenty of stations and his affiliate list is user-friendly at
http://www.clarkhoward.com/listen/find_a_station_near_you/
not including KYHN under Arkansas or Oklahoma. ``Our sincere thanks to
volunteer Carrie Muller who carefully researches this list.`` Then:

Smerconish yet again about how he views his role; 0623 `Focus on the Family`,
``one of our best programs of the year``. Anyhow, KCNZ, KBJD, and KSVE now have
competition around here, and I`ve yet to hear the peripheral Americans, let
alone the Canadians or Mexican on 1650. Unless, KYHN is just back on
temporarily to avoid losing its license at a Feb 19 deadline. If they axually
start programming, that will be a sign they are staying (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** PERU. 5980, Feb 13 at 0105 tune-in to carrier from R. Chaski, Urubamba,
which with BFO is audible despite noise level, and just as expected tonight, it
cuts off 5 seconds later than last night, at 0106:00*. From the porch it`s
freezing with snow on the ground, so I only stay out for six minutes (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 9265, Feb 12 at *2200, WINB has just switched here from 13570 until
2158*, and both wobbly, so another evening without the strange non-wobbly
transmitter on 9273v instead. Still 9265 at 0101 Feb 13 check (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** VATICAN. 7250, Feb 13 at 0630, VR cuts on and off and on, fair signal when
on, but inferior to good signals on 6075 and 3975 as mass is starting; and 9645
very poor if at all (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 2660, Feb 13 at 0617 UT, announcement and some music with a beat.
Besides XEVT 2910, which is off the air 0600-1058, altho very weak, 2660 is now
the most reliable harmonic frequency. Probably still KGLD Tyler TX despite
legal night power on 1330 of 77 watts, but I once had a second carrier on 2660,
so possibly something else (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)