** BRAZIL. 11780, Nov 18 at 0651, big open carrier with dead air from RNA,
while 6180 is normal with music. Wake up? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** CHINA. Firedrake Nov 18: 6145, fair at 1428, and the SSOB, better than
Australia on 5995 and not much else this late on 49m (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. 11880, Nov 17 at 2110 and 2136 chex, RHC is in French during both
semihours, instead of Portuguese during the second. Continuing SNAFU, or not?
Their website *still* fails to display new, or rather any frequency schedules
in Spanish, French, etc. (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GREECE. 9420, Nov 17 at 2126, Avlis now is playing some Switched-On Bach in
its broadened musical repertoire (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** INDIA. 11985, Nov 18 at 0053, AIR apparently really in Sinhala service, the
language which has rising intonations resembling French. Could be // 11740 but
as usual that frequency is much worse and with CCI from the ChiCom (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** PERU [non?]. 5980, Nov 18 at 0058, JBA carrier until cutoff at 0100:07*,
same time as last two nights. So either R. Chaski has ceased precessing its
timer cutoffs, or this is something else like VOA or the ChiCom jammer; and
Chaski is not heard at all, maybe not on at all (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** SPAIN [and non]. 11940, Sunday Nov 17 at 2115, REE is here in Spanish, as
scheduled on weekends. Someone had claimed to hear an unlisted Brazilian in
Portuguese at this hour.

21630, Monday Nov 18 at 1335, oh oh, REE is back on original frequency, after
successfully moving to 21640 on Sat & Sun Nov 16-17, a change they had been
pre-announcing for a week at 1355. Need to check that time again for what they
may allege. Different weekday workshift at Noblejas didn`t get the message? So
clash with BBC Ascension Hausa at 1400-1430 should resume. However, today at
1417 I can only hear Spain. Did BBC move too/instead, or just not propagating?
At 1604, all I hear on 21630 is WHRI, altho Spain is still in on 21610. Nor was
I hearing Spain on 21540 under Kuwait around 1430, but maybe stopped at 1400
altho registered until 1500 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** TURKEY. 15350, Nov 18 at *1337, TRT has just cut back on the air after a
break, with lovely music --- sounds like a dirge, very minor key on a slow
march beat, nice and easy for wake-up; 1350 announcement and other music. This
is now scheduled 07-14 at 310 degrees USward, signal only fair but a lot better
than English on 12035 at exactly same azimuth, both allegedly 500 kW from
Emirler (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. WRMI Okeechobee: I listened to `Viva Miami` online November 17 at
2015, wherein Jeff White was talking only about the Okeechobee acquisition. A
few additional tidbits emerged to what we already knew: WRMI Miami(Hialeah)
facility will close on Nov 30 and Okeechobee will start December 1. Callsign
will also be transferred. Family Radio plans to reassign WYFR to one of its
local stations somewhere.

Separately I asked Jeff White directly, ``As you may be aware, one of PanAm`s
continuing clients is convicted to 175 years in prison child sex offender Tony
Alamo. Will you allow that monster to broadcast on WRMI? Is PanAm planning to
turn off the EqG transmitter for good, or do something else with it?`` And he
replied,

``Glenn: I think you should really ask Pan American Broadcasting your first two
questions. I have no idea what their plans are regarding specific programming
or their station in Equatorial Guinea.``

So I`ll take that as a `yes, PanAm can broadcast anyone they want over WRMI`.
And then, I asked, ``I wonder how much max power each of the Okee transmitters
*really* can run, or should run? 73, Glenn``

``Regarding the Okeechobee transmitters, there are 12 x 100-kw units and one
50-kw, and as far as I know they are all capable of the maximum rated power
output. The 100-kw transmitters are capable of operating at half-power, and we
may well operate some of them at 50 kw. Jeff`` (Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** U S A. 9330-CUSB, Nov 17 at 2123 as I tune across, WBCQ is stuck in a quick
loop saying ``OK`` over and over. After almost a minute, stops to dead air.
Such are the amusements of SWLing in the Digital Age (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 9505, Nov 17 at 2139 there`s `Pirating with Cumbre` on WHRI --- in
fact, it`s the very same episode I ran across two weeks ago, Chris Lobdell with
clip of Echo I, etc., etc. Which means this episode is in at least its *third
week* of airing.

Hey, I really need a break from the weekly grind of World of Radio which has
gone on for several years now. Maybe I should do as Marie does (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 5830, Nov 18 at 1320, WTWW-1 yet again in open carrier/dead air; and
still OC/DA on 9475 at 1425 check; meanwhile WTWW-2 was OK with BS on 5085
before 1400, 9930 after. And WTWW-3 12105 in Russian after 1400 (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

This report dispatched at 1618 UT November 18