** CUBA. 5049.22, July 11 at 0112, I notice a huge het upon 5050 WWRB which is
again Brother Scaring while own programming is flipped on 3185 instead. At
first little modulation can be extracted from the het, but then it`s certainly
Spanish, and guess what --- R. Rebelde is missing from 5025, so another huge
SNAFU by the slopperators at RadioCuba.

Above frequency measured by 40 Hz clix on the DX-398 compared to WWV on
5000.000. But on my keyboard, the het is somewhere between F#5 and G5, i.e. 740
and 784 Hz, and 780 Hz below 5050 would match 5049.22; assuming WWRB is on
5050.00, not confirmed, but surely close.

Still the het at 0327 when I am very glad WOR is also on 3185 instead for the
second week. At 0424 check WWRB is off and R. Rebelde is still on 5049+ with
nothing to het. It`ll stay there until somebody notices, maybe all night, still
at 0509 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. 12140, July 11 at 0132, RHC harmonic 2 x 6070, very poor vs CODAR.
6270, RHC leapfrog of 6060 over 6165 English another 105 kHz higher, is better
at poor and mostly readable level (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GREECE. 9935, July 11 at 0127, ERTOpen is on here again with Greek music,
only marginally weaker and fadier than // 9420, with 15630 a close third. Theo
Donnelly in Burnaby, BC tells me that the night before, 9935 went off by 0351
July 10 while the other two continued (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NORTH AMERICA. 6930-USB, July 11 at 0124 pirate music, 0125 conversation by
``Friendly Overlord`` with a YL guest; very poor signal, and went off before
0133. This thread says it was OMCS:
http://www.hfunderground.com/board/index.php/topic,17646.0.html
but not what it stands for; The Free Dictionary shows:

Acronym Definition
OMCS Open Mind Common Sense (research project)
OMCS Office of Motor Carrier Safety
OMCS Open Mission Critical System
OMCS Office of the Minister for the Civil Service (United Kingdom)
OMCS Senior Chief Opticalman (Naval Rating)
OMCS Operations Management & Control System

I like the first one, an artificial intelligence research project at MIT. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Mind_Common_Sense
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** PERU. 5980, July 11 at 0110, R. Chaski carrier with some modulation until
cutoff at 0116:44* which is 17.5 seconds later than a trinite ago, averaging
5.83 seconds later per night (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. WORLD OF RADIO 1729 monitoring: confirmed on WWRB, UT Friday July 11,
first listening to webcast: 0327 preacher stops abruptly, and after a
respectful pause of about a semiminute, WOR playback starts, as usual initially
severely overmodulated until turned down to reasonable level; shortly confirmed
as also on 3185 instead of 5050, and a good thing, too, as R. Rebelde, see
CUBA, is still making a horrible het from 5049.22 or so, way off-frequency from
5025 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 15770, July 10 at 2107, WRMI-9 extension another semihour to 2130*
today Thursday is just more Brother Scare; I had thought there would be a
variety of DX or other programs at 2100-2130, but not checked Tuesday or
Wednesday. Did anyone? WOR was at 2100 Monday, but Jeff doesn`t publish full
program schedules for 9495 and 15770 extras (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** U S A. 12105, July 10 at 2019, WTWW-3 is off, while 9930 and 9475 are on;
next check at 0131 UT July 11, 12105, 9475 and 5085 are all on but WORless
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 2660, July 11 at 0120 UT, JBA carrier, presumed the second
harmonic of 1330 KGLD Tyler TX as IDed last year, and audiblized now tnx to
semi-hour power outage in the neighborhood for line repair following breakage
in a storm last night, thus lowering the noise level now, and not much
atmospheric noise either for midsummer. Power cut back on at 0121. Meanwhile a
wabbit has been busily munching some weeds in the middle of the yard a few feet
away, while keeping an eye on me (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

This report despatched at 0513 UT July 11