** CUBA. 5040, Jan 1 at 0522, RHC in English // 6000, 6060, 6100, 6165. 5040 is
supposed to stay in Spanish until 0600, then English, per own schedule, but
this isn`t the first time we hear English on it also before 0600. Seems Arnie`s
new 90m outlet, 3365? didn`t make it to air in 2014y (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** FRANCE [non]. See USA: WRMI

** KOREA SOUTH. 6348, Jan 1 at 1518, poor-fair signal in Korean talk, and //
6003 poor, i.e. Echo of Hope, clandestine to North Korea. No jamming audible
but may still be there. Another weak signal on 6250, presumably yet another
Echo of Hope at a time when N Korea is not listed to clash with Echo of
Unification. I seldom bother to log these, but notable to hear them so late,
more than a sesquihour after sunrise here. Several ChiCom frequencies also
still in within 49mb.

6600, Jan 1 at 1518, more Korean with poor signal, which is Voice of the
People, another clandestine from south to north. But nothing on // 6518 which
we used to hear and is still in current Aoki, EiBi and WRTH 2015 (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO [and non]. 620, Jan 1 at 1427 UT, only station audible is weakly in
Spanish, re 2015 arriving in Chihuahua Capital, at La Norteñita, i.e. XEBU.
This is half a sesquihour after our Enid sunrise of 1343 UT which will reach
its latest of the year in another week, 1344 UT, per gaisma.com

I suppose KMKI Plano (Dallas) TX, the Disney station is still on, unsold, just
not propagating at 1427 UT. Yes, teeny-bopper music on groundwave at 2003 UT
check Jan 1 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NORTH AMERICA. 6945.15-USB, approx., Jan 1 at 0519, I`m checking for NYE
pirate activity, once WORLD OF RADIO 1754 is finished. Only this, good signal
with blues, 0520 informal announcement mentions taking requests from HFU posts,
thinx he`s good for another 7-15 minutes. Says 2015 will be a good one for
pirate radio. 0525 ID as something - radio, chiding listeners to wake up, 0530
mentions Oklahoma. I never could copy an ID, but from 31 posts at
http://www.hfunderground.com/board/index.php/topic,20158.0.html
it`s WDDR as in Drunken DJ Radio; and I see none from further west than
Oklahoma (someone else) (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA [and non]. 780, Jan 1 at 1425 UT, open carrier/dead air from KSPI
Stillwater, 250 watt daytimer on groundwave, often the case for this
mis-managed station. January SR/SS times are 1345-2330 UT. A PSRA of ONE WATT
is on file for Sept thru Feb, ha ha. Carrier allows thru a little music,
probably KCEG in Colorado (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 92.85-94.9 MHz, Dec 31 circa 1920 until at least 2022 UT recheck,
on caradio near KLGB-LP 94.3 in Enid, the main channel is dead air, but that
doesn`t prevent buzzy spurs from remaining audible above and below in this
range wherever channels are more or less open. Its new dependent from same
site, KVBN-LP 99.9 remains nominal and with no spurs audible from it (Glenn
Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. Checking FCC FM Query listings for Enid, I see that the CP for an
LP on 100.9 has been relabeled NEW rather than with the east-of-Mississippi
callsign previously granted, and appearing for months, WRML! For Radio Media
Limited. Yet it has ``no callsign history``! Nor is there anything in the
correspondence files to account for this strange mistake, or correcting it
(Glenn Hauser, Enid, January 1, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. Filler digital channels continue to jockey around on OKC TV market
stations: Dec 31 at 2020 UT I notice that ZUUS (country music) is gone from
25.2 KOKH RF 24, replaced by GritTV; they had also just activated a 25.3 for
Weather Nation.

At same time I see that KAUT RF 40 now has a 43.2 of This-TV which has been on
one or two other stations before. I may as well survey all of them circa
1630-1730 UT January 1, conveying the exact PSIP IDs with caps and spaces and
punxuation;

ARCBC  = aspect ratio can be changed
ARCNBC = aspect ratio cannot be changed

RF 7, KOCO:
5.1, is KOCO-HD [ABC] ARCBC
5.2, is KOCO-ME [MeTV] ARCNBC

RF 13, KETA:
13.1, is OETA-HD [primary PBS channel] ARCBC
13.2, is OKLA [more local shows reruns and PBS reruns] ARCNBC
13.3, is CREATE ARCNBC
13.4, is KIDS ARCNBC
[lately these have almost been break-up free with leaves off the trees, but
still need to rely on cable for 1 and 2, while 3 and 4 are not on cable;
fortunately, little I want to watch on them]

RF 15, KTBO:
14.1, is KTBO-D1 ARCNBC
14.2, is Church ARCNBC
14.3, is JUCE ARCNBC
14,4, is Enlace ARCNBC
14.5, is SOAC ARCNBC [and this one only with continuous super ID in lower
right, white letters KTBO-TV / OKLAHOMA CITY, OK]

RF 23, KSBI:
52.1, is KSBI-HD [but now with 9 KWTV bug in LR. KWTV has just acquired KSBI
and plans to use it as backup for CBS programming when preempted on 9.1, rather
than putting it on 9.2. Other RF 23 subchannels have been turned off, for now?]
ARCBC
Some recent press about this:
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/griffin-communications-to-buy-ksbi-create-oklahoma-city-duopoly_b130139
http://newsok.com/ksbi-secondary-channel-this-tv-is-discontinued/article/5374175

RF 24, KOKH:
25.1, is KOKH-HD [Fox] ARCBC
25.2, is GritTV [old movies] ARCBC
25.3, is Weather  [Weather Nation] ARCBC [yes, on all three]

RF 27, KFOR:
4.1, is KFOR-DT [NBC] ARCBC
4.2, is ANT-TV [Antenna TV, old movies/series] ARCNBC
KFOR also owns KAUT RF 40, q.v.

RF 29, KTUZ:
30.1, is KTUZ [Telemundo] ARCBC
RF 29, KUOK: [same RF transmitter as KTUZ, but trying to hide it]
36.1, is KUOK [Univisión] ARCBC

RF 33, KOCB:
34.1, is KOCB-HD [CW] ARCBC
34.2, is GetTV ARCNBC

RF 39, KWTV:
9.1, is News9 [CBS] ARCBC
9.2, is News9 N ARCBC
[constant reruns of previous newscasts; the final N stands for NOW. KWTV has
just acquired KSBI RF 23, q.v. and plans to use it as backup for CBS
programming when preempted on 9.1, rather than putting it on 9.2]

RF 40, KAUT:
43.1, is KAUT-DT [``Freedom 43``, substation to KFOR and carries some ``channel
4`` programming, news, weather, local morning show against NBC Today, etc. I
guess it`s still MyTV but not all the time, lots of syndication played locally]
ARCBC
43.2, is THIS-TV [also with Freedom 43 winged logo bug in LR], ARCNBC

RF 46, KOCM:
46.1, is KOCM-DT [Daystar, religion; this had not been strong enough to decode,
but lately is partially decoding with lots of tiling; probably due to all the
leaves between Norman and here having fallen] ARCNBC

RF 50, KOPX:
62.1, is ION ARCBC
62.2, is qubo ARCNBC
62.3, is IONLife ARCNBC
62.4, is Shop ARCNBC
62.5, is QVC ARCNBC
62.6, is HSN ARCNBC
[FCC TV query shows KOPX still does not have a CP for a lower channel]
(Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SPAIN. 9620 // 11940 // 12030, Dec 31 at 2252, I pause in WORLD OF RADIO
preparation to hear the New Year arrival in Spain, which is about the best we
can hope to get anymore from the UT +1 zone, and which in previous years has
paid off. All three frequencies are fair-good. Playing some music in English,
but god forbid they should axually broadcast in English any more:
``Radio-Active`;

2258 joining TVE live coverage for the big moment at Puerto del Sol: the hosts
there acknowledge that they are now simulcast on RNE and REE. We are about to
hear ``12 campanadas``; after a few 2-tone bells, starting precisely at 2300:00
UT, the twelve bongs mixed with cheers from big crowd. Fortunately the nominal
2300* closing on SW has been expanded on all three. 2304 resumes from R.
Nacional, DJ chatter introducing some rock `n` roll, blues. Don`t know how much
longer this remained on air. I was so busy with WOR 1754 that I missed BBC at
0000, Brasil at 0200, shux (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. WORLD OF RADIO 1754 monitoring: confirmed on first SW broadcast, UT
Thursday January 1, 2015 at 0431 on WRMI, 9955, good signal. Overslept past
1400 but surely also at 1330 on 9955. Next:

Thursday 2201 on Global 24 via WRMI 9395
Friday 0001 on Global 24 via WRMI 9395
Friday 2130.5 on WRMI 7570 & 15770
Saturday 0730 & 1530 on Hamburger Lokalradio 7265-CUSB
Saturday 1000 on WRMI 5850
Sunday 0231 on KVOH 9975
Sunday 2300 on WRMI 11580
Monday 0400v on Area 51 via WBCQ 5110v-CUSB
Monday 2201 on Global 24 via WRMI 9395
Tuesday 1200 on WRMI 9955
Wednesday 0401 on Global 24 via WRMI 9395
Wednesday 0730 & 1530 on Hamburger Lokalradio 7265-CUSB
Wednesday 1415 on WRMI 9955
Wednesday 2200 on WBCQ 7490v
Wednesday 2201 on Global 24 via WRMI 9395
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 9955, Jan 1 at 0642, surprised to find WRMI in Spanish instead of
Brother Scare, who is still showing on schedule dated Oct 26 as daily 0600-1100
UT. Turns out to be R. Francia Internacional relay, W&W interview about the
arts in France, first with a film directora visiting from the Dominican
Republic, then with Gustavo Dudamel, Venezuelan conductor who finds Paris
hospitable (evidently from 2014 archive, review show). So less BS on 9955, or
an anomaly? Meanwhile RFI in English is as usual on 9395 Global 24 during this
hour. Maybe BS/TOM hours are being reduced on WRMI?

9955, Jan 1 at 1512, no signal from RMI, while 9395 Global 24 is fair with
`Democracy Now`, again back on now instead of at 1300,

By 2015 UT Jan 1, we find the WRMI transmission grid has been updated as of
January 1. Yes, BS hours have been reduced, but still plenty.

9955 is now supposed to be OFF THE AIR at 15-22 UT, but still with BS starting
at 06 rather than RFI Spanish which we axually heard.

11825 BS instead of 24 hours is now only 10-22 UT.

7455 is no longer with BS after TruNews finishes at 07. But the D-system has
been added for an hour at 00-01 before TruNews starts. Content for this D-block
not yet shown, but should be a variety of RMI programming not necessarily //
9955.

The // 7730 duplication of 9955 programming at 01-03 which started just a few
weeks ago is already gone.

Two transmitters are currently not used at all: #1 and #5. One other, #2 is
sked for only one hour a day, 04-05 on 5985 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** U S A. 5085, Jan 1 at 0523, seems Ted is on an `Unshackled` kick, having
lost paid Brother Scare programming on WTWW-2; hokey religious drama with
characteristic organ music. Another (?) episode noticed on 9930 at 1512 January
1, badmouthing Atheists. `Unshackled` may be a great handy filler easily
available, but demonstrates a gross lack of imagination in programming (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 660, Jan 1 at 1428 UT, good Navajo talk surely from KTNN Window Rock
AZ, tantamount to bordering NM; January SR-SS times for it are now 1430-0030
UT, so jumped the gun (arrow?) at least a bit.

770, KKOB Albuquerque is also in well; SR-SS being 1415-0015 UT.

880-CUSB, rounding out the big-3 NM non-NYC frequencies: KHAC January SR-SS
times are like KTNN also 1430-0030 UT, but KHAC cheats all night (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A [and non]. 710, Jan 1 at 1430 UT I`m getting two weak stations in
Spanish, rather than KGNC or KCMO. One is surely the usual XEDP in Chihuahua,
but the other one, gaining, has an AutoZone ad and ID as ESPN Deportes Radio.

[The letters ESPN are always pronounced in English to avoid unfortunate
connotations in Spanish --- ESPN really needs a new brand in both languages, as
it no longer means at all ``Entertainment and Sports Programming Network``,
just 100% sports]

That fits neatly as the only ESPN-D affiliate on 710 in the NRC AM Log, KBMB,
Black Canyon City (address in Phœnix) AZ, 22000/3900 watts U4. BCC is way north
of PHX on I-17, almost halfway to Sedona. FCC has two separate facilities for
it, a DEL[eted] one of 50/4.7 kW and another LIC[ensed] of 22/3.9 kW, each with
different patterns day and night. The 50 kW one is inscribed thus:

``Comments: TWO SITE OPERATION KEEP FOR INTERNATIONAL PURPOSES PER G.FEHNER
MEXICO HAS OBJECTED TO THIS D & N SO WE NEED TO KEEP IT IN DATA BASE FOR
NEGOTIATING PURPOSES. --- Deleted domestic station, but not deleted
internationally``

The deleted daytime site was:
 34° 05' 10.00" N Latitude
112° 07'  0.00" W Longitude

The deleted nighttime site was:
 34° 05'  5.00" N Latitude
112° 09'  5.00" W Longitude

The licensed daytime site is:
 34° 04' 48.00" N Latitude
112° 09' 15.00" W Longitude

The licensed nighttime site is:
 34° 04' 50.00" N Latitude
112° 09' 13.00" W Longitude

January SR/SS times are: 1430-0045 UT. So it must have just switched to
day-site, which is really where? No mapping is linked on the FCC Query. Anyhow,
all of these are very close to BCC itself, not Phoenix. NRC Pattern Book shows
day pattern is circular tangent toward the ESE, while night pattern is tighter
to the SSW. It`s Los Angeles` 710 which merits protexion (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1160, Jan 1 at 1420, someone in assertive Spanish roughly NE/SW,
making fast SAH with nulled KSL from the NW. Hoping for a late Mexican
possible, but more likely KCTO Cleveland (Kansas City) MO, ``La Raza`` per NRC
AM Log, or even more likely KRDY San Antonio TX, which is ``Radio Luz`` and
thus given to unwarranted religious assertiveness (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

This report despatched at 2058 UT January 1