** AUSTRALIA. 9475, Jan 16 at 0712, R. Australia talking about a Jamaican DJ,
Yellow Man, and playing some reggae; fair signal // 9710, 11945, and maybe
9660, all to be ditched in a biweek. Scheduled show at 07-08 this Friday is:
`Island Music - A History of Reggae`. RA program schedule website fails to link
to further program info (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA [and non]. 530, Jan 16 at 0440-0455, enjoying the music from R.
Enciclopedia, approaching Enid from OKC on caradio, and no sign of ``K530AM``
Vance AFB TIS on 530, even in downtown Enid. The thing has been getting weaker
and weaker with its endless useless loops of irrelevant PSAs such as what to do
in a hurricane. Had been hard to hear even in the daytime; solar powered? Cuban
is playing knockoff instrumentals of ``I`ll Only Love You``, ``Whiter Shade of
Pale``, etc., with soft-spoken YL DJ leading up to midnight. So comforting
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. 4765, Jan 16 at 0431, I can tell that R. Progreso is still on, by a
signal from something audible inside the car on the G8 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** GREECE. 9420, Jan 14 at 0642 check, ERTOpen is back here with fair-good
signal in Greek, after foray to 9415 a few hours earlier at 0211 (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** KOREA NORTH [non]. 5910, Jan 15 at 1410, Shiokaze is still audible but
poorly, YL seems to be in English again, no piano music now. Ron Howard
confirms that Sea Breeze is back in English this Thursday after a two-week
break (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NEW ZEALAND. 9630, Jan 15 at 1403, good signal, something new with news in
English, mentions `Canterbury South` which are keywords for NZ, not England!
Yes, it`s RNZI, 1404 a bit of music, 1405 weather, ID as RNZ National, 1406
short story reading for nightowls. Still on 9630 at 1458 check with music.
Fortunately nothing to collide with on this unscheduled frequency --- or rather
no QRM heard, but HFCC has CNR LIN site from China at 1200-1706. It also shows
RNZI DRM on 9630 starting at 1550 but no doubt another wooden one, as RNZI sked
itself shows DRM from 1551 on 9775-9780-9785.

Yet another anomaly from RNZI, showing up on 9630, a frequency used years ago,
but not on the current schedule. http://www.radionz.co.nz/international/listen
At 1300-1550 is supposed to be, and usually audible, on 5950, but nothing there
now next to Australia still on 5940. Next day, Jan 16 at 1345 check, RNZI AM is
back on 5950, not 9630. So was it another programming mistake? Experiment?
Maybe at midsummer some Pacific station relayers expected better nightmiddle
propagation on >9 than <6 MHz.

11725, Jan 16 at 0715, RNZI absent from AM frequency supposed to be on until
0759, but DRM noise remains on 11685-11690-11695. No, not on 9630 now either,
but AM may well have been on some other unchecked wrong frequency (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. The afternoon of Jan 15 we had to go to OKC in order to view the
movie `The Imitation Game` about Alan Turing and the ENIGMA machine, a great
film which of course has never made it to Enid`s sole cinema. So also worked in
some local FM spectrum monitoring on caradio and G8, far from exhaustive in the
time available:

107.7, while shopping at the Homeland grocery in The Village, a pair from KRXO
107.7 were doing a live remote with what else, sports talk. I never listen to
it voluntarily, but the van outside had 107.7 THE FRANCHISE emblazoned on it.
It looks like they have managed to come up with a unique sports-related slogan,
as the WTFDA FM database finds no other Franchise anywhere in North America!
(but doesn`t cover AM).

92.9, Jan 15 at 2115 UT here is rap non-music, only IDs saying ``Now 96.5 and
92.9``. Well, yes, same thing on 96.5. These both have to be nothing but
translators, blocking full power Tulsans from getting into OKC. WTFDA DB shows:
92.9, K225BN // KRXO HD-3, CHR Format
96.5, K243BJ // KRXO HD-3, CHR Format
But transmitter site coordinates are different. Presumably this pair, 200 and
250 watts respectively, reach more listeners than the HD-3 channel of 107.7
starting out with total 92 kW from yet another site!

95.7, and 102.3 are another matching pair with `Focus on the Family`
gospel-huxter show at 2145 UT Jan 15. Local level signal on 95.7 despite KXLS
Enid/Lahoma. WTFDA shows neither licensed to OKC but:

95.7, K239BT, The Village, 250 watts H/V, // KQCV 95.1, 100 kW from Shawnee,
Bott religion, presumably also // KQCV 800, not checked

102.3, K272FD, Del City [NOT Dell as in WTFDA], 215 watts H/V, // KQCV 800. So,
800 and 95.1 not being enough, Bott has low-power relays on the NW and SE sides
of OKC.

104.5, at 2153 UT Jan 15, the original classic rock format of KRXO 107.7
remains here via a translator only, having been banished from main channel for
yet more stupid sports talk (see above). However, DJ is heard asserting ``God
talks to you if you open your eyes [sic] and listen`` --- Huhhhh? Then at least
two Fleetwood Mac tunes. 2157 ID as ``Oklahoma`s Classic Rock FM``

104.5 is K283BW, with the HD2 of KRXO 107.7, and 250 watts horizontal only. All
these translator relays of `HD` channels only prove that the HD channels
themselves are worthless.

92.1, at 2157 UT Jan 15, `Urban`` DJ talk here confirmed still // 1140 KRMP,
i.e. K221FQ, 99 watts H&V

103.1, at 2158 UT Jan 15, talk here confirmed still // 1520 KOKC, i.e. K276EX,
also 99 watts H&V (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 580-720, Jan 15 at 2158 UT in NE OKC on caradio, KWPN Moore, 5/1
kW transmitter site on south side of OKC, is splattering out to this range,
much worse the closer to fundamental 640. So it bothers or blox groundwave from
WIBW 580, KMKI 620, KSKY 660, KGGF 690, KGNC 710, to name a few. IBOC is also
on, but the splatter includes extremely distorted analog audio. I suspect out
of whack IBOC is causing this. Fortunately have never heard it this bad in
Enid. No other OKC market AM signal is such a mess (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. RF 32, WQOS306, the intercity-relay of KXOK-LD, RF31, from Enid to
a ch 35 translator near Lamont, halfway between Enid and Ponca City, is
surprisingly back on the air Jan 14 at 2330 UT, including three channels: 31-1
black (or rather gray); 31-2 and 31-3 with separate color bars, labeled M-FOX
and Azteca. Except for lack of programming on 31-1, this is what was going on
both via this and the main KXOK RF31 transmitter until they crashed a several
weeks ago. The two Spanish networks had been carried briefly but replaced by
color bars for months and months previously. At this time RF31 is *not* on the
air --- it always has a stronger signal here, and the weaker RF32 relay does
not necessarily decode with my present antenna configuration.

Next check Jan 16 at 1515 UT finds a `bad` signal on RF32 (which could be
something else) and RF31 occupied instead by full-power KDCU Univisión Kansas
from Wichita (even tho antenna aimed oppositely) with some tropo on a day
warming up nicely into the Fahrenheit 60s. See USA log.

Suddenlink cable in Enid still displays WEAK SIGNAL on C15, so it`s getting
neither KXOK (a block away from headend) nor KDCU. See DXLD 13-24 for more
about WQOS306. One never sees any other non-broadcast but point-to-point
transmitters within the TVBC bands DX-reported, but I suppose there must be
some, all highly direxional and lower-powered. BTW, I am still not seeing
listed KLHO-LD RF 31 in OKC with 15 kW; is it on? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. RF 29, Jan 14 at 2330 UT, I find that the KTUZ Shawnee/OKC
transmitter has added another subchannel: 48-1, KUOK-CD, Estrella TV. This had
been the last(?) analog TV signal in OKC, low power, which I could occasionally
get with some tropo help on real channel 48.

Estrella is the low-brow Spanish network; has continuous bug in LR of a
5-pointed star each with a different color, lower-case e in the middle, and
tiny lettering below it (which I could never see in fuzzy analog),
estrellatv.com Aspect ratio Can Be Changed, and it must be: to SQUEEZED, for
proper portions, at least during the movie on around 1515 UT January 16.

So on RF 29 we now have remapping to three different virtual channels! in a
feeble attempt to hide the fact that these competing networks are all on the
same transmitter (and ownership in this market?)
30-1 KTUZ with Telemundo,
36-1 KUOK without a suffix, Univisión, and
48-1 KUOK-CD with Estrella.
I suppose a lot more arrangements like this are forthcoming as FCC forces even
competitors to share transmitters in order to sell off more and more spectrum
still occupied by higher UHF channels (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SOUTH CAROLINA [non]. 7570, Jan 15 at 0633, Overcomer Ministry via WRMI
allowing someone other than Brother Scare to speak, accusing Jesuits (isn`t the
current pope one? Hmmm) of being ``ministers of Satan`` who take an extreme
oath and are responsible for terrorism. Catholix really take a beating from
TOM, et al. Same on other WRMI frequencies such as weaker 9955.

7570, Jan 16 at 0709, WRMI with BS on usual very strong signal, but I notice as
I tune across on both sides, I can hear a weak het of about 4 kHz, during
modulation pauses, but disrupted when there is talk. It seems that the TOM
audio out of Walterboro is putting out a weak tone of about 4 kHz, which when
tuned just right on SW transmitters hired, beats against center carrier.

I hear the same thing on WRMI 5850, and WWCR 5890, so it`s not just a WRMI
problem. But not audible surrounding 3185 WWRB, maybe just because the signal
is not strong enough, or differently fed/filtered. Maybe a trace of it at 0714
vs jamming on 9955 WRMI. Not audible on cleaner and weaker 11580 WRMI. BS sends
out a variety of modulation crud to go along with his wacko prophecies. At the
moment it`s a guest anti-evolution huxter (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** U S A. WORLD OF RADIO 1755 monitoring: confirmed Wednesday Jan 14 at 1415 on
WRMI 9955, good with no jamming. Also confirmed on webcasts Jan 14 at 2200 on
WBCQ 7490v, and 2201 on Global 24 via WRMI 9395, presumably also on the SW
frequencies.

WORLD OF RADIO 1756 monitoring: confirmed first airing, UT Thursday Jan 15 at
0431 on WRMI 9955; just barely audible but loud & clear on the webcast. Also
confirmed with good signal after 1330 Thursday on WRMI 9955; 2201 Thursday and
0001 UT Friday on Global 24 via WRMI 9395. Next:

Friday 2130 on WRMI 7570 & 15770
Saturday 0730 & 1530 on Hamburger Lokalradio 7265-CUSB
Saturday 1000 on WRMI 5850
Sunday 0231 on KVOH 9975
Sunday 2300 on WRMI 11580
Monday 0400v on Area 51 via WBCQ 5110v-CUSB
Monday 2201 on Global 24 via WRMI 9395
Tuesday 1200 on WRMI 9955
Wednesday 0401 on Global 24 via WRMI 9395
Wednesday 0730 & 1530 on Hamburger Lokal 7265-CUSB
Wednesday 1415 on WRMI 9955
Wednesday 2200 on WBCQ 7490v
Wednesday 2201 on Global 24 via WRMI 9395
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 9955, Wed Jan 14 after 2300, `Chelmsford Calling World Service` heard
at new time on WRMI. Publicity claims it`s every Wednesday at this hour now,
but I think there is only one new program per month; combining media news with
music (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 5085, Jan 14 at 0646, WTWW-2 with gospel music, ``Rock of Ages`` ---
this has been on a lot lately, but not always. Jan 15 at 0636 replaced by open
carrier/dead air except hum. Wake up, Ted (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** U S A. 3185, Jan 16 at 0430 check, WWRB with Brother Scare already. I had
avoided checking since withdrawing WORLD OF RADIO from this time and station
due to its inability to play back the file reliably. And unable to get a
response from Dave Frantz. I nevertheless feel indebted to him for carrying WOR
for several years, and before that on his previous station WGTG (when cassette
tapes had to be delivered and that was not very reliable either) (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 5110v-CUSB, UT Friday Jan 16 at 0432, I can barely pull enough signal
into the car on I-35 by holding the G8 antenna next to the window, to detect
that the DJ mentions WBCQ and is offering a QSL. Not appearing on the WBCQ 5110
schedule,
http://schedule.wbcq.com/main.php?fn=sked&freq=5110
this is the timeslot for a new non/ex-pirate client which I only found out
about here: (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

``VORW --- My variety program will be on WBCQ every Tuesday and Thursday
evening from 11:00 PM eastern time until 12:00 Midnight on 5110 kHz. [UT Wed &
Fri 0400-0500]

It's a program consisting of talk for the first 15 minutes (Misc. Discussion,
News Headlines, Current Events) followed by music of various genres and time
periods for the remaining 45 minutes.

E-mails can be sent to vorwi...@gmail.com

I've had one show air already and I'll try to keep this going for as long as
possible. I'm interested in seeing where this broadcast makes it to and how it
comes in. All the best, RW Observer (Jan 12, Broadcast Announcements,
hfunderground forum via WORLD OF RADIO 1756, DXLD)``

** U S A. 620, Jan 16 at 0722 UT, Fox Sports Network mentioned. At first I
figured KTAR Phoenix, but that`s ESPN. NRC AM Log indicates only two
possibilities: KMNS Sioux City IA, and KPOJ Portland OR, and FSN website
confirms them both. I`ll have to go with KMNS far more likely here, also more
likely DF. Strangely, no sign of XEBU Chihuahua which is usually dominant; off
after midnight? Only other signal is KMKI, still Disney, Metroplex, judging
from the music (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 920, Jan 15 at 0642 UT check, `Coast to Coast AM` is still audible
here from the NW, presumably KVEL Utah, and still nothing from KYFR IA Family
Radio to the northeast, off the air? But by 24 hours later it`s back as usual
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1540, Jan 16 at 0403 UT on caradio between OKC and Enid on I-35,
Tejano music interrupted for ID in English from KEDA San Antonio, which
contrary to authorized patterns and power, 5/1 kW U4, continues to dominate the
frequency at night, including on this non-direxional vertical receiving antenna
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. RF 31, Jan 16 at 1515 UT checking for local KXOK-LD Enid (See
OKLAHOMA), instead am getting Univisión, PSIP ID as Univisi [limit 7 letters,
after all!] as 31-1. But it`s not a new client for KXOK which is gone again,
but instead as IDed at 1555 UT on screen, KDCU-DT, Univisión Kansas, which I
was already expecting after some local Wichita ads. Antenna is still aimed
oppositely toward south, so tropo enhancement. This super-power signal could
also prevent KXOK from decoding here in Enid.

W9WI.com shows KDCU is a megawatt from suburb Derby KS, supposedly virtually
46.1 Univision, and 46.2 UniMAS --- but as I said, it displays nothing about a
virtual 46 now, nor a second channel (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1240+, Jan 16 at 0407 UT on caradio between OKC and Enid, I can
still hear the weak het from some off-frequency station originally estimated at
1240.13, and DFed to WNW/ESE (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

This report despatched at 1830 0UT January 16