** AUSTRALIA. 15240, Feb 5 at 0647, fair signal from RA, but this semihour M-F
is in Tok Pisin; we can hope this become more reliable as we get into Equinox,
on the air from 21 to 09 UT on 30 degree antenna toward Alaska.

12085, 12065 and 9580 are all audible Feb 5 at 1516, with 12065 weakest as
befits the 355 degree azimuth, and atop some CCI or flutter. Ivo Ivanov points
out that BBC Urdu via Singapore is already on 12065 at 1500-1600. It must be
awful in Asia.

This kind of collision is unforgivable --- obviously some bureaucrat at ABC who
knows nothing about SW picked some existing frequencies and ordered them
expanded to 12 hours a day each, no matter who else may already be using them.
I suppose they disposed of Bernd Friedewald`s outsourced frequency management
some time ago.

At 1803 check Feb 6, 12085 & 12065 are JBA carriers, and 9580, if any, is at
imagination level (Glenn Hauser, WORLD OF RADIO 1759, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** BANGLADESH. 15505, Feb 5 at 1358, Bangladesh Betar IS, very poor with
flutter, and 5+1 mistimesignal ends at 1359:31, 29 seconds fast! Opening Urdu
service with theme (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** BRAZIL. 11710, Feb 4 at 0606, crackling spur from RNA/RNB 11780.1v is
audible again on second order along with first-order 11815 & 11745 spurs really
bad.

11745 & 11815, Feb 5 at 0645, spurs are audible here despite hi local noise
level (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CHINA. 9230, Feb 5 at 1349, CNR1 jammer fair, and 9200 very poor. No time
for full band search up to 19 MHz (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GUYANA. 3290-, Feb 4 at 0615, Voice of Guiana is better, now that Jamie has
upped the power from 400 to 1000 watts, and it is // 9460 BBCWS but about half
a second ahead of Ascension. No QRM now from the ute on the lo side, or
anything, but still tough copy. Earlier that evening we heard from Jamie
Labadia:

``Hi Glenn, Thank you and your members very much. I appreciate you pulling us
out through all the noise. I will work on some form of QSL method for everyone.

I now have the transmitter running at 1,000 watts. It's the best I can do with
what parts were on hand.

Here are some pictures for you. The one accompanying this E-mail is the
Broadband Dipole for the shortwave. (Kind of hard to see, due to the background
light.)

This is a picture of all three transmitters:
Transmitter Left - 20 Kilowatt Medium-wave on 560 K.C.
Transmitter Center- 5 Kilowatt Medium-wave on 560 K.C. (Back-up)
Transmitter Right- 10 Kilowatt Shortwave on 3.290 MHz. Currently only at 1 kW.
That is me behind the transmitter, working on one of the amplifiers.
The second picture is the single amplifier you guys did/barely/or didn't hear
the past few nights. Now there are two. (Wooooohoooo!!)
Thanks`` Pictures were attached to my DXLD yg posts about this (gh)

My next check at 0640 Feb 5: hi local noise level here prevented anything but
detecting the 3290- carrier (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1759, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** HUNGARY. Correxion: 24940-USB not 25940 originally typoed; fixed:

24940-USB, Jan 31 at 1502, HA3NU making quick contacts with US stations; is
there a contest? QRZ.com shows:
HA3NU
LASZLO WEISZ
ZRINYI U. 99.
SZEKSZARD H-7100
Hungary
And refers to his own homepage:
http://radioamator.honlapepites.hu/?p=365
headed by an impressive photo of the town viewed thru his quad antenna, altho
all antennas were destroyed in a storm.

Turn radio back on at 1645, and HA3NU is still going, cleaning up on US
contacts (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** KOREA SOUTH. 15575, Feb 5 at 1459, poor signal with flutter during KBSWR
theme music and off, i.e. conclusion of Korean hour to North America, doggedly
stuck here on too high a frequency for winter night path, but should gradually
improve. See also UNIDENTIFIED 15573 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. NTSC channel A2, Feb 5 at 0230 UT, some winter sporadic E persists
attaining 60 MHz, antenna south, Spanish and CCI; 0233 Azteca 7 net bug visible
in upper right, likely the usual XHTAU in Tampico; 0240 somestation with a PRD
political ad; some signals last past 0300 UT. Momentarily some video on 4
appeared, 67.25 MHz.

Also on ch A2 analog had an unID meteor scatter burst at 1639 UT February 4
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NAVASSA [and non]. 21205-USB, Feb 5 at 1504, K1N DX-pedition continues here
with occasional carrier jammers, and clueless KV4KVK calling him on same
frequency (or something similar; nothing in ARRL or QRZ.com for that call or
permutations with B instead of V).

VA2BYO courteously inquires twice with Québecois accent ``is this frequency in
use?`` and stops after someone tells him it is. You bet it is! At 1506 and
again at 1507, NC8N also tries to reach K1N on simplex, between which I at
least hear a definite kilo-one-november ID. The pileups continue on some higher
frequencies (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NEW ZEALAND [and non]. 9700, Feb 5 at 1515, RNZI good with coastal weather
including Chatham Islands; while RA is wasting its watts with Triple J music on
9580, 12065, 12085, all audible (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NIGERIA [non]. 12065, Feb 5 at 1802 UT, nothing but a JBA carrier here which
could be R. Australia and/or Dandal Kura, the new US AID service via Ascension.
Chris Greenway confirms my suspicion about the reason for this: ``Hi Glenn,
Kanuri is the native language of Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau``. Let`s
hope he listens to reason, or rather this supports his potential further
victims (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA [and non]. 1640, Feb 4 at 0627 UT, KZLS Enid is open carrier/dead
air, so when nulled, WTNI Biloxi sportstalk is as usual dominant, along with
unID CCI (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 578-584 MHz, channel 32 in Enid, circa 1530 UT Feb 5, still has a
mostly `bad` signal level, with occasional tiling from something: not sure if
that`s just an artifact of the converter, from KXOK-LD 31`s intercity relay
duplicating transmitter WQOS306, while main channel RF31 remains vanished.
There are several RF32s in KS and OK, all LD or translators, unlikely without
some tropo boost. However, 780 kW KDAF in Dallas is on 32, and my antenna is
aimed at it, but not getting it now: By 1820 UT, 31-1 is black, while 31-2 is
color bars with PSIP M-FOX. There is also a signal on RF 31 too bad to decode
at all, maybe OKC or Wichita (but no RF 45 which would match Wichita) (Glenn
Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SOUTH CAROLINA [non]. 15770, Feb 5 at 1345, WRMI is dead air instead of
Brother Scare. So is 11825, and at 1352 check, 11580.

3185, at 1352 Feb 5, WWRB is still on and audible, but dead air here too. So
it`s not just a WRMI problem. Feed from Walterboro is down.

9980, WWCR however is modulating presumed Overcomer Ministry with speaker other
than BS, still getting fed, or a local backup playing?

WRMI silence continues past 1400 so I leave a receiver on 11580. BTW, 11825 has
a big hum on it while 11580 & 15770 are clean. Finally at 1420 on 11580 and the
other WRMIs, clarion call and opening of a TOM broadcast, rather than joining
one in progress, which makes me wonder if this is now a backup being played
from Okeechobee.

At 1510, all three stations are modulating, but none in parallel. Neither 9980
nor 9370 has BS himself but some other speakers. At 1514 I listen to each for a
minute, but can`t find any duplication, i.e. out-of-synch but otherwise //. At
1514, WWRB and WRMI are both BS, but different. Then 9370 goes into music while
WRMI keeps talking. 9980 still with a non-BS but presumably TOM huxter. So I
ask Jeff White:

``Jeff, TOM was dead air this morning on 15770, 11825, 11580 from tune-in at
1345 until 1420 started up with clarion call, rather than joined in progress.
9980 WWCR was running TOM meanwhile, but 3185/9370 WWRB was also dead. So I`m
just wondering if you started playing a backup recording there at 1420 or the
webfeed (still no satellite possible?) came alive? After 1420, there was
different TOM programming on all 3 stations, at least no match within a minute
which should have been sufficient for out-of-synch feeds. Glenn`` (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** TURKEY. 9700, Feb 4 at 0604, VOT with Turkish music, good // much weaker
9820. Reception is improving as spring approaches, during the final hour of
this transmission, mostly music (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. WORLD OF RADIO 1758 monitoring: confirmed on Global 24, UT Wednesday
Feb 4 at 0401 on webcast, and at 0428, fair on 9395. Also confirmed at 1415
Wednesday Feb 4 on WRMI 9955, good; 2200 Wed Feb 4 on WBCQ webcast and later on
7490v; and 2201 Wed Feb 4 on Global 24 webcast and later 9395.

WORLD OF RADIO 1759 monitoring: confirmed first airing on WRMI 9955, UT
Thursday Feb 5 at 0431, and also 1330, fair with no jamming. Next:

Thu 2201 on Global 24 via WRMI 9395 [no show last week but still sked]
Fri 0001 on Global 24 via WRMI 9395
Fri 2130 on WRMI 7570 & 15770
Sat 0730 & 1530 on Hamburger Lokalradio 7265-CUSB
Sat 1000 on WRMI 5850
Sun 0231 on KVOH 9975
Sun 2300 on WRMI 11580
Mon 0400v on Area 51 via WBCQ 5110v
Mon 2201 on Global 24 via WRMI 9395
Tue 1200 on WRMI 9955
Wed 0401 on Global 24 via WRMI 9395
Wed 0730 & 1530 on Hamburger Lokalradio 7265-CUSB
Wed 1415 on WRMI 9955
Wed 2200 on WBCQ 7490v
Wed 2201 on Global 24 via WRMI 9395
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 9330, Feb 5 at 2300 check, WBCQ is off. 23-24 UT M-F had been the
only scheduled time for this frequency with `Money Talx`, which I guess is
still running on 7490 despite death of instigator. It appears that the improved
signal on 7490 results from retuning the 9330 transmitter to 7490. 9330 was
also missing last UT Sat 0100+ when it was normally // 7490 and 5110 for `Allan
Weiner Worldwide` so is 9330 ever on the air any more? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 5085, Feb 4 at 0613, WTWW-2 is on again after missing a few days, now
playing rock music, so Ted is still spinning his wheels, or records. After
surprise testing with Melissa Scott I caught, still no takers for this
unreliable transmitter fulltime, or anytime (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** U S A. 1280, Feb 4 at 1347 UT, after our sunrise 1331 UT, I manage to null
semi-local KSOK Ark City KS music enough to hear a Fox Sports Radio ID. None
likely in the NRC AM Log, but FSR affiliate list includes WODT New Orleans,
which the log has as ESPND = Spanish ESPN.

Wikipedia confirms the change: ``On September 4, 2012, the station flipped to
the syndicated ESPN Deportes format. On September 15, 2014 WODT switched from
ESPN Deportes Spanish sports to sports with programming from Fox Sports
Radio``. The other FSR 1280 stations are in IL, MA, NY, OH, PA, SC (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1300+, Feb 4 at 1349 UT, looping N/S, song by kids, 1351 ID as ``96.1
KICA``, more music. Makes fast SAH since it`s slightly on the hi side of 1300.
Can`t be KICA which is in Clovis NM, so what sounds like it? This must be it:
KBRL, McCook NE, with sibling station KICX 96.1. KBRL is still ``The Big
Talker`` per website and FB,
https://www.facebook.com/pages/1300-KBRL-The-Big-Talker/113386725518970
but apparently at this particular time was simulcasting 96.1 KICX. Group site
is http://www.highplainsradio.net/ where there is no link to a KBRL page except
FB (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1680, Feb 4 at 0625 UT, weak talk station is making fast SAH with
KRJO Monroe LA in music. The unID loops further north, or counterclockwise.
Likely either WOKB in FL or WPRR in MI, rather than WTTM in NJ, KNTS in WA or
KGED in CA, altho I have pulled KGED before (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 15573-USB, Feb 5 at 1340, 2-way in colloquial Spanish really
stands out since both of them suffer from hi background noise level (engine?)
which keeps the vox engaged; expletive ``puta madre`` soon heard as befits
low-class poachers or narcotraffickers. Also with weak het from 15575-AM which
must be KBS World Radio, still a total loss in its so-called North American
service in English (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

This report despatched at 1847 UT February 15