** AUSTRALIA. 17840, Feb 6 at 0258, R. Australia still good signal wrapping up
`World Today`, // 15240 only fair (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** BRAZIL [and non]. 11712, Feb 6 at 0310, second-order extremely distorted
crackling spur from RNA 11780.1v is centered about here, QRMing neighbour
Radiodifusión Argentina al Exterior during presumed English broadcast, but too
poor to tell, with this added to the 11710 het against RAE always off-frequency
closer to 11711. As always, the first-order RNB/RNA spurs are even stronger,
now centered approx. 11747 and 11813 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. 9790, Feb 6 at 0306, CRI English relay with usual bigsig but
modulation is quite low with hum (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** EGYPT. 9965, Feb 6 at 0304, R. Cairo mainly whine, JBM but signal level is
good with flutter, in Arabic service.

9860, Feb 6 at 0305, R. Cairo, JBM with low hum, supposedly English service,
fair signal (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO [and non]. 620, Feb 6 at 0332, full ID for XEBU in Chihuahua, 10,000
watts, also on FM, temp 13 C. WRTH lists as 5/1 kW, NRC as non-direxional
always, so maybe the 10 kW applies to FM. Not so dominant a signal as it used
to be and I feared it might have closed AM already.

Somewhat separable from KMKI Plano TX, still on with Disney (which I read has
an STA to run night facility also in daytime --- that means 4.5 instead of 5
kW, and major lobes to the NW and SW, rather than a broad lobe from SW to NW to
NE (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 770, Feb 6 at 0328, political ad for Partido del Trabajo, then full
ID from Radio Fórmula Monterrey, XEACH, 770, 25,000 watts, street address,
phone numbers. ``Siempre Viva Voz`` slogan, then feature/promo with marimba for
San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas as a great place to visit; pause at 0330,
then resuming program `Fórmula Financiera` with YL hostess. Dominant signal on
770, but best with WBBM 767 IBOC nulled, which is pretty far off the angle from
Monterrey. Supposedly cuts to only 1 kW at night, per WRTH.

We hear and see a lot of political advertising in Mexico, so when is the
elexion? Timeanddate.com says there will not be a general elexion until July 1,
2018 (6-yearly). What we have this year per Wikipedia means four more months of
campaigning: ``Legislative elections are scheduled to be held in Mexico on June
7, 2015. Voters will elect 500 deputies (300 by their respective
constituencies, 200 by proportional representation) to sit in the Chamber of
Deputies for the 63rd Congress`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NORTH AMERICA. 6925-AM, slightly on hi side, Feb 6 at 0259, poor signal with
pirate music, seemed to quit at 0309. No announcements heard. Several logs from
0150 to 0247 say it was Liquid Radio then:
http://www.hfunderground.com/board/index.php/topic,20554.0.html
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OMAN. 15140, Feb 5 at 2157, RSO with ME music, good signal, much better than
they manage in the mornings for the English hour at 14. Wonder if they have
boosted their signal in honor of the A-15 HFCC Conference which is just
wrapping up in Muscat (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SOUTH CAROLINA [non]. 5890, Feb 6 at 0301, WWCR with non-BS; that hour is
sold to E. C. Fulcher of Truth House Ministries, who used to run his own SW
club; meanwhile, BS is back on 7570 WRMI, and a couple seconds behind on 5050
WWRB. About the anomalies earlier on Feb 5, Jeff White would have to check with
Okeechobee since he was in Muscat for the A-15 HFCC Conference (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SPAIN. 12030 good, 11940 fair with flutter, 11685 just barely audible, 9620
very good, REE is back on all four frequencies Feb 5 at 2150 check. Ivo Ivanov
had noted that 11685 and 12030 were missing on Jan 31 and Feb 3 as I mention on
WORLD OF RADIO 1759. Responding to complaints from faraway mariners, REE was
going to ``optimize`` its frequency usage, but not until A-15. They wanted REE
back on 15, 17 and 21 MHz bands, and so do we (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** U S A. WORLD OF RADIO 1759 monitoring: for the second week, no show at 2201
UT Thursday, Feb 5 on Global 24 via WRMI 9395. Instead, `Dialogos Greece` keeps
playing past 2200 during a commentary, at least until 2206. Recheck at 2228,
European News Network, News Review is wrapping up, so apparently that filled
from about 2215. Is D.G. habitually running more than 60 minutes, or does it
start later than scheduled 2100? Anyhow, WOR continues to appear at 2200
Thursdays on the Global 24 schedule grid, but lacking any definite info from
G24, we have to conclude WOR is no longer really on the schedule at that time,
only two hours before the next airing at 0001 UT Fridays which is maintained
and confirmed Feb 6. Next:
Fri 2130 on WRMI 7570 & 15770
Sat 0730 & 1530 on Hamburger Lokalradio 7265-CUSB
Sat 1000 on WRMI 5850
Sun 0231 on KVOH 9975
Sun 2300 on WRMI 11580
Mon 0400v on Area 51 via WBCQ 5110v
Mon 2201 on Global 24 via WRMI 9395
Tue 1200 on WRMI 9955
Wed 0401 on Global 24 via WRMI 9395
Wed 0730 & 1530 on Hamburger Lokalradio 7265-CUSB
Wed 1415 on WRMI 9955
Wed 2200 on WBCQ 7490v
Wed 2201 on Global 24 via WRMI 9395
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Hi, Glenn: I got frustrated with the two so-called podcast links that you have
listed at WOR. The fist link has been broken for some months now and the second
one seldom is timely. So, I wrote a script that will auto-generate a dynamic
podcast feed whenever you add a new mp3 to your site. This will have the latest
5-6 episodes and functions like a podcast. It's also using Feedburner's
user-friendly interface. Feel free to add a link to it on your site.  URL:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/GlennHausersWorldOfRadio

BTW, I'm now hosting a one-hour adult alternative music show on Global 24,
called The Mix. Best, -- (Keith Weston http://keithweston.com
http://www.facebook.com/keithweston UT Feb 6, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 9395, Feb 6 at 0307, Global 24 via WRMI playing `1812 Overture` as
fill music for the n-th time. `Jazz from the Left` is scheduled from 01 to 04
UT Fridays (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 3185, Feb 6 at 0301, WWRB has electronic on-line sound of phone
ringing, then off-the-hook loud pulsing at the rate of approx. 336 per minute
or 5.6 per second, 0302 stops and dead air for a while. This happens
periodically on WWRB, a crude form of automation failing, I suppose (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. Some more midday skywave MW DX on Feb 5, on caradio inside Enid, not
the powerless field nor the Carrier site, so I am either driving or parking in
store lots which are not completely noiseless. Local mean noon remains 1832 UT
so this starts 43 minutes after the zenith. Pertinent groundwave notes also
included.

720, Feb 5 at 1915 UT, WGN Chicago is in, not hard to recognize with English
talk

1360 & 1420, Feb 5 at 1916 UT I check the two spur frequencies from local 1390
KCRC --- no more audible hets against weak 1360 KPHN KS, or 1420 KTJS OK.
However, I suspect the spurs are still radiating, just `adjusted` to be closer
to 1360 and 1420, because listening closely on 1360 there is now a sudaudible
heterodyne --- that could be KPHN vs KDJW in Amarillo, but now I have my
doubts.

At 1916 UT I hear no SAH on 1420, presumed KTJS Hobart OK. But over a minute`s
time at 2024 UT, the SAH rate on 1420 varies from fast to medium back to fast,
meaning one of the carriers is unstable. It`s more than an hour later, however,
and there could be skywave from some otherstation to confuse matters. Also at
2024, 1360 now has a fast SAH verging on an audible rumble. Still suspect both
these are coming out of KCRC, just less obviously.

1200, Feb 5 at 1923 UT, weak station in English must be WOAI San Antonio

1120, Feb 5 at 1923 UT, KEOR Catoosa etc. OK is still open carrier/dead air; no
KMOX audible under it this time

850, Feb 5 at 1923 UT, only Spanish audible, so Metroplex TX not KOA

840, Feb 5 at 1923 UT, SAH of about 6 Hz between presumed KTIC West Point NE,
and: Rush going into a break, then ID for WHAS, Louisville KY

830, Feb 5 at 1924 UT, ID right away for WCCO, Minneapolis MN. These are weak
but steady skywave signals

700, Feb 5 at 1924 UT, Spanish from the Metroplex, but under it is a station in
English, surely WLW Cincinnati

Scanned the entire band, but nothing unusual in the 1500s or 1600s (Glenn
Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 92.3, Feb 5 at 2022 UT, Newton KS station is edging in between 92.1
KAMG-LP Enid and 92.5 KOMA OKC, with ID as ``Wichita`s all-new Q92 The Beat``;
2029 UT promo for a birthday contest at 8:05 am with a $15,000 prize. Details
scroll by as well as other info at http://q92wichita.com where we see their
subslogan is ``Best Mix 90s to Now``, presumably referring to music. Heavily
promoted are their new morning DJs, Brett & Tracy, who apparently have a
history in the market. Real call is KKGQ, newly owned by a non-profit for the
blind, Envision, but otherwise appearing to be totally commercial and visually
unimpaired (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** VATICAN [non]. 11625, Feb 6 at 0308, Vatican Radio, very good in English
about kidnapping and mutilation, some two words behind // 9660 which is also
good. These amount to defacto North American service, thanks to the broad
coverage of VR beams. However, content is Afro-centric and accentic. 9660 is
from SMG allegedly at 150 degrees, so we get plenty off the back; 11625 is from
MADAGASCAR at 305 degrees, carrying on far beyond its east African target
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** VIETNAM [non]. 6175, Feb 6 at 0457, no signal from V. of Vietnam, since the
0430-0528 Vietnamese hour via WHRI has been canceled, as Ivo Ivanov reports
(but the other 6175 relays have not, including English earlier). We used to
enjoy the music especially on the Vietnamese hour. All direct 7285
transmissions have also gone off, including English at 11 and 15 (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

This report despatched at 0541 UT February 6