** ARGENTINA. 28480-usb, March 6 at 2114, LU8YE, fair signal making quick
contacts in Spanish and English, such as WD9IDV at 2115. When vox is open,
background noise of other voices so must be a multi-operator station. The Y
after the number indicates it`s in a remote part of Argentina (Z would even be
Antarctic), as call-regions are lettered rather than numbered. Yes, QRZ.com
shows:
LU8YE
RADIO CLUB DE LOS ANDES
LOS PEHUENES 1 Y LAS RETAMAS
SAN MARTIN DE LOS ANDES - PATAGONIA, NQ 8370
Argentina
``The Radio Club de los Andes, located in the city of San Martin de los Andes,
besides the Lanin National Park with superb natural surroundings, offers big
lakes and clear water rivers. It is a beautiful tourist place, we invite you to
visit (video of our city)``
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At9aEk5DJSY
They are gearing up for this weekend`s ARRL DX contest which doesn`t start
until 0000 UT March 7 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** COSTA RICA. 24950-USB, March 6 at 2111, virtually the only phone signal on
12m, and certainly the biggest, is TI5/M0DXR, making quick contacts, maybe
warming up for the ARRL DX Contest? Which does not start until 0000 UT March 7.
Someone mentioned 5-9 as if that were also a contest name. Mostly contacting US
stations, weak here as most of the country is beyond skip range at this
frequency and/or they certainly aren`t aiming at OK (unless in the Pacific
Northeast). One worked is N1DS at 2113. Per QRZ.com, while he`s operated from
many extra-UKOGBANI locales, nothing in particular about the current TI5; just
home info:
Mark Haynes
196 The Downs
Harlow, Essex. CM20 3RH
England
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. 6000, March 7 at 0127, RHC is off, leaving English only on 6165 (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** EGYPT. 9900, March 6 at 2126, R. Cairo English to Europe first seems dead
air, then can make out some suptorted just-barely modulation, also some hum,
poor with flutter. Suptorted == suppressed & distorted.

12035, March 7 at 0119, R. Cairo, good signal but dead air

9860, March 7 at 0124, R. Cairo, fair signal, dead air

9905, March 7 at 0125, R. Cairo, Arabic music, talk, whine, distorted
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GUATEMALA. 28500-USB, March 6 at 2117, TG9AHM calling CQDX, poor signal.
From Guatemala City, has quite a gallery of family, pets, certificates, shack
on his QRZ.com page:
TG9AHM
EMMANUEL H. MIERES G. (Manny)
P.O. BOX 2,789
CORREO CENTRAL, ZONA 1 , 01001
Guatemala
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** PERU [and non]. 5980, March 7 at 0101, JBA carriers beating; one, i.e. R.
Chaski, goes off at 0104:23.5, which is 6 seconds later than last night, while
BBC/UAE remains. I can usually hear this on both the PL-880 and DX-398, but now
on the latter only (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SAUDI ARABIA. 9555, March 6 at 2122, ME music, very poor with flutter, not
// better Holy Qur`an on 11815, 11915, as unlike them, this is the BSKSA
General First Program. Tuning on up, I hear the same music but considerably
unsynchronized, why? on much better 9870, good signal. And why such a disparity
in quality? Both are registered as 500 kW: 9555 at 295 degrees from Riyadh and
9870 at 310, which is certainly closer to USward, but only 15 degrees
difference (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SRI LANKA. 11905, March 7 at 0118, very poor signal with flutter, seems
unmodulated, quite a change from the usual good signal from SLBC Trincomalee
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. WORLD OF RADIO 1763 monitoring: confirmed Friday March 6 at 2130:30
on WRMI 7570 & 15770, about equal levels here. Next:
Sat 0730 & 1530 on Hamburger Lokalradio 7265-CUSB
Sat 1000 on WRMI 5850
Sat 2030v on WA0RCR 1860-AM Gateway 160 Meter Radio Newsletter, MO
Sun 0415v on WA0RCR 1860-AM Gateway 160 Meter Radio Newsletter, MO
Sun 2300 on WRMI 11580

[USA DST shifts now in effect!:]
Mon 0300v on Area 51 via WBCQ 5110v
Tue 1100 on WRMI 9955
Wed 0730 & 1530 on Hamburger Lokalradio 7265-CUSB
Wed 1315 on WRMI 9955
Wed 2100 on WBCQ 7490v

As chances to hear WOR on SW are reduced, I suggest you may want to subscribe
to a podcast: three different sources are linked atop
http://www.worldofradio.com
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 5111.0, UT Saturday March 7 at 0102, William Tell Overture, but no
Allan Weiner, as Tom is substituting tonight (and I don`t think he interjected
a word when the theme paused a beat). 0110 checking WBCQ // 7490.0, and find
that program on 5111 is 29 seconds behind (travelling to Maryland and back on
the internet?). Yes, measured very close to 5111.0 but Tom says ``5110``, and
7490.0 is not 1 kHz off. Tom seems to be vamping, as he is multi-tasking, also
running the AM station; opens to calls and soon hears from John in Bermuda at
0116 (Glenn Hausr, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 11580, March 6 at 2127, ute chirping QRM about 11578 on the lo side
of WRMI with BS. Not the continuously repeating sweeps upward (and downward in
het) previously logged. Same thing still happening at next check 0122 March 7.

7730, March 7 at 0109, WRMI now has BS on here // much stronger 7570; I think
this is a change, 00-02 for WRMI-14 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 12105 & 9930, March 6 at 2129, two thirds of WTWW are silent, but the
other third remains blasting supremacy nonsense on 9475 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 720, March 7 at 0138 UT, WGN Chicago with conclusion of the ``Star
Spangled Banner``, really belted out by an unID baritone with cheers,
back-announced as preceded by ``O Canada``, as it`s a match involving the
Edmonton Oilers, so a silly puck game presumably against the Blackhawks. This
will have to do, as US NSP stations don`t bother to play Our National Anthem at
local midnight or any other predictable time (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** U S A. 1400, March 7 at 0135 UT, Ad Council for Food Bank/Feeding America,
then promo for Cornhuskers game mentioning KLIN twice --- so the 1 kW
graveyarder in Lincoln NE, despite two closer Kansans on 1400 (plus 3 Okies);
Lincoln city-to-city is 502 km = 312 miles, half a megameter, not bad.

And quite a surprise: I normally DX MW on the DX-398 which has better
sensitivity and tighter nulling than the PL-880, but the `398 batteries just
died so I switch to the PL-880, and discover that its selectivity is better so
that I can get DX on a channel adjacent to strongest local 1390 KCRC, even
without nulling KCRC! Unthinkable on the DX-398. A few minutes earlier at 0133
UT when I was nulling KCRC, almost sounded like some Spanish on 1400: in
adjacent states, only 3 or 4 of the 13 Texans are SS (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** URUGUAY [non]. 6125, March 7 at 0105, not even a JBA carrier where
Radiodifusión Nacional del Uruguay was reported active again by Rodolfo Tizzi
in Montevideo, March 4 at 2050 UT, but with 300 watts it was weak even in the
neighborhood. WRTH claimed it was already active, 24 hours. As I pointed out
already in the DXLD yg, we might have a chance during the window for NO QRM on
6125, now that Spain has departed, 01-10 UT between CNR1 broadcasts from China,
during its local daytime anyway, and overnight in the Oriental Republic.
Propagation from S America is funxional if not very good, with the usual het
between stronger stations in Brasil and Bolivia on 6135v. Rodolfo put up this
clip of it:
http://youtu.be/XDmvszvdXjY
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** VENEZUELA. 28445-USB, March 6 at 2118, YV1KK with good signal, 2119
quickworking KK4SYB. On QRZ.com displays all his homebrew antennas and contest
scores. No doubt this too is a prélude to the big one by ARRL starting at 0000
UT March 7. Does not want to give a postal address, just:
YV1KK
JULIO RIVERO
Trujillo
Venezuela
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

This report dispatched at 0502 UT March 7