** BRAZIL. Multiple extremely distorted spurs out of the 11780.1v RNA/RNB
transmitter are about the worst I have ever heard them now, at ~35 kHz
intervals, March 17 at 0532-0540 UT:

11745 & 11815, first-order spurs are extremely strong such that one can
understand the talk modulation, usually not the case.

11710, second-order spur is almost as bad. Matching second-order on other side,
11850 is weaker but audible when often it is not. It is interfering with 11855,
R. Aparecida, another Brazilian.

These three cover at least 10 kHz each, making any other reception impossible
on those frequency ranges.

11675, third-order spur 105 (3 x 35) kHz out is audible, more than a trace.
Likewise plus 105 on 11885.

11640, fourth-order spur, 140 kHz out, is detectable at trace level, but not
one on the hi side (which would be 11920).

11605, fifth-order spur 175 kHz out, is also detectable at trace level, but not
on the hi side (would be 11955). While it is impossible to pinpoint these blobs
with no specific carrier, seems to peak closer to 11603, which would make for
35.4 kHz separations.

Propagation from Brasil may be stronger than usual, as both 11855 and 11935
stations are audible, but very weak compared to 11780 and its primary spurs
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO [and non?]. 1130, March 17 at 0548 UT, I`m getting music in Spanish,
tropical? Peaking somewhat counterclockwise from KWKH LA sportstalk, which is
to the SE, so this would be more like ESE/WNW, ruling out Mexico (and there is
NO Cuban listed on 1130). Makes medium SAH with KWKH, whose signal is not very
strong, way off its westward lobe here. Also need to null IBOC from KMOX 1120
as much as possible, and it`s to the NE, so that means least of it aiming SE.
NRC AM Log shows US SS on 1130 are supposedly daytimers, in GA, TN and TX. TN
and TX are religious, while WLBA 10 kW in Gainesville GA is ``La Mejor``,
presumably including secular music. That direxion would fit. There is also 10
kW SS fulltime KSDO San Diego CA, but also religious.

I have dozed off, but awaken at 0604 UT March 17 when a choral Mexican NA is
playing on 1130. May be different station than above, as now it`s less
separable from KWKH. NA soon finished, and it`s overcoming KWKH, so manage to
pull ID as ``La Comadre, la nueva 11-30 AM``, which means it is XETOL, 10/5 kW
in Toluca, Estado de México (next to DF). Comadre literally means midwife
(co-mother), maybe alluding to helping to birth wonderful new programming? If
it were Portuguese, the primary meaning would be bedpan, says Google translate
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. The World of Radio site containing WOR audio files, DXLD archive,
etc., www.w4uvh.net became inaccessible March 16 and still so March 17. Issues
with too much bandwidth usage, so I have removed a lot of duplicated audio
files, but host says it may be another 24 hours before it`s back, if they
accept my solution. Any further info about this will be posted at
http://www.worldofadio.com/anomaly.html
People needing to hear recent WORs, I hope can still reach them via the
podcasters. Should this be prolonged, I`ll start posting the latest DXLD at the
other site (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 9975, March 17 at 0542, KVOH is off again, another breakdown? Or
experimental carriage of Pastor Melissa Scott may have concluded. Aha, it may
be the latter, as program schedule
http://kvoh.net/wp-content/uploads/KVOH-Program-Grid-English.pdf
has been updated March 16, removing Melissa, back to 0400* sign-off.

17775, March 17 at 1412, JBA carrier, maybe KVOH is on, but propagation very
degraded. 1615 definitely on but JBA as 16mb still hasn`t recovered from geomag
storm with K=8 at 1500 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 17790, March 17 at 1355, WRMI with Brother Scare // 11825 et al. This
is when prélude to Radio Africa Network would normally be playing on 17790. BS
is JBA, OSOB except for poor 17730 Cuba due to severe G4 geomagnetic storms, K
index of 6 at 1200, reaching 8! at 1500 per WWV, and more to come. 1415 still
JBA on 17790, but surges to good level at 1417, still BS not RAN. At 1615
check, still JBA but with BS intonation matchable to 11825, no RAN (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 870, March 17 at 0624 UT, open carrier with WWL nulled, maybe ~10
Hz SAH. Most likely daytimer KFJZ Fort Worth TX (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1290, March 17 at 0607 UT, choice of Jimbo from NE/SW, or C2CAM
from NW/SE, mutually nullable, both vs lots of CCI. Most likely closest are
KOIL Omaha NE and KOWB Laramie WY, respectively (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

This report dispatched at 1650 UT March 17