BRAZIL 5964.98 R. Transmundial 0815 inspirational pgm w/M host in PT ending w/song at 0824. 0829-0831 many IDs and ID/promos, then back to mx. Came back at 0857 and hrd ID/promo and long list of network stns. 0900 rooster crowing SFX and TC. // webstream which was :44 seconds behind. Improved slightly by 0835. Abt equal in strength to 6010.06 Inconfidencia. (11 July)

BRAZIL 6160.058 R. Boa Vontade Noticed a big het on 6160 at 0955, and was surprised to hear audio on 6160.058 when I tuned in and notched out CKZN. A block of canned anmnts by M definitely in PT, some quite animated. 0958 definite mention of “…Manaus, Amazonas, Brasil…” (a list of the network stn QTHs??), followed by probably the full ID at 0959 but all I could copy was a mention of one of the freqs. Went into a long soft slow song w/M vclist at 1000 which sounded // the webstream. Had it IDed at around the 1003 peak, I could have copied it. The next song didn’t seem // to the webstream though. Unfortunately I didn’t find the right webstream until after 1000. 11895.00 certainly sounded like PT at around 1016. There was a signal on 9550.02 also, but couldn’t get any audio on it. Incidentally, the Boa Vontade website besides giving 9550 and 11895 for Porto Alegre gives the 49mb freq as 6610. We’re 1 week away from a perfect grayline which is obviously one reason why I was getting the most audio ever on this. A video can be found at https://youtu.be/gsZ6_LdCgcg (13 July)

73

Dave Valko
Dunlo, PA, USA

Perseus SDR with Wellbrook ALA1530S loop antenna and 153 foot triangular Delta Loop