** BOUGAINVILLE [and non]. 6020, Feb 5 at 1345, JBA carrier, nothing like
yesterday with NBC on day frequency at night. What else could it be? Aoki shows
India finishes at 1230, but Vietnam runs until 1530.

3325, Feb 5 at 1352, music at S6-9, 1353 announcement, 1400 IS like I heard
before from RRI, after mention of Palangkaraya, not Bougainville.

BTW, Chris Krug in Tulsa says he was hearing R. Australia at 1145 on 3320!
Maybe ABC NT on a new 90m frequency? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** INTERNATIONAL INTERNET. The Global Voice, monthly `Voices` program, first
airing with Chrissie Cochrane interviewing me, monitored Feb 5 at 1730 UT via
http://theglobalvoice.info/tunein.php
Repeats will be Sat 0630, Mon 1630
and to be available for one year ondemand via
http://theglobalvoice.info/gallery.php?show=voices

While there, check out the full current program schedule of TGV:
http://theglobalvoice.info/schedule.php

WORLD OF RADIO on TGV: Airs Thursday at 22:30 UTC, repeats Saturday at 06:00
UTC, and Monday at 17:00 UTC [times shown on the WOR page at TGV archive are
incorrect; just before Voices until 1730 Friday was Keith Perron with Focus
Asia Pacific]. (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** JAPAN [and non]. 11815+, Feb 5 at 1411, R. Japan has CCI from algo making a
LAH to a fast SAH on the hi side. Aoki indicates it`s either Turkey in Turkish
or R. Brasil Central, both of which could be at least that much off-frequency
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. Earthquake report: a bit of creaking and shaking around the
walls/windows, Feb 5 at 1609:44 UT, confirmed by USGS, and another one 3
minutes either from same spot I did not notice:
3.4 19km NNE of Enid, Oklahoma 2016-02-05 16:09:30 UTC 5.0 km deep
2.9 19km NNE of Enid, Oklahoma 2016-02-05 16:06:24 UTC 5.0 km deep
(Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SAIPAN. 11850.04, Feb 5 at 1409, S9 signal in Vietnamese (at first I thought
it sounded more Cambodian), i.e. RFA due west from SAIPAN (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 3843-LSB, Feb 5 at 0545 I`m looking for more from the Burns OR
standoff like last night. There is a very informal ham net going here now with
silly comments, but nothing about Burns and no KI4THY, so apparently that deal
is irregular/unpredictable (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 11580, Feb 5 at 1417, surprised to hear WRMI, S9+10, with a
quit-smoking PSA from CDC, and not // 11825 TOM, RMI programming 9955, nor
21675 R. Africa. Then mostly music ranging from bluegrass to country to rock,
including (not necessarily correct titles), Song of the South, Three Steps, Bed
of Roses; 1422 a Jeep Cherokee ad!, Grasshopper.com phone system ad; 1437 Too
Late, Baby by Carly; Good Old Boy, Bat Plane; 1449 more ads for JB Power
mattresses; snack planning for the big game from Publix (a grocery chain in the
South); Golden Hair Surprise; Where Do We Go Now; Where the Sun Don`t Shine,
past 1500 with no ID break for WRMI or anything else. 1503 valentine gift card
ad; Turn Away; 1508.5 finally abrupt cut to Brother Scare now // 11825 et al.

Seemed like they had been relaying a local station, except there were no IDs
for it. There were also long pauses between tunes as if album playing. So I ask
Terry Elders at Okeechobee what`s going on? He replies:

``Yes! You were hearing something a little different this AM. We are working on
some automation issues and I placed some of my Pandora on it. Having some fun I
guess, guilty as charged. Terry``.

The WRMI schedule grid is ambiguous about what goes on 11580, #9 transmitter at
44 degrees: BS much of the time but not Sundays between 13 and 15, so
apparently available for experimentation during that bihour on weekdays too
like this Friday (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** YEMEN [non]. 11860, Feb 5 at 1408, R. Sana`a with music at S9+20; 1501 goes
from music to talk, no call to prayer, still S9+20. 1543 recheck usual studio
woman interviewing mostly men on phones, faded down now to only S9. A bit of an
echo during one call made me wonder if it was long/short path but echo went
away when caller (or callee) finished. BTW, I`m not noticing CCI from IBB
Kuwait any more, scheduled 1430-1630, so did they finally move off 11860 or
just propagation shift. Yemen service continues to be so good for a couple of
hours in our mornings that same band and parameters would be perfect for
someone (Saudi Arabia?) to do a North American service in English; dream on
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 4083-USB, Feb 5 at 0645-0647+, continuous talk by same guy, poor
signal, sounds like a broadcast, and think I hear one keyword, ``sedaye`` which
would mean Farsi or similar. Ideas? Could anystation be using SSB HF feeders
anymore, emergency backup? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 5006, Feb 5 at 1402, very poor S7 carrier, maybe music? JG2XA,
experimental propagation station in Japan is usually running open carrier here
with occasional CW IDs, but it`s been spoilt lately by Chinese military numbers
station, VC01 on exactly same frequency, but reported by Ron Howard as USB
only, no carrier at all? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)