** ALBANIA. 9854.97, Sept 17 at 0127, same old story, R. Tirana IS below
humroar, and program audio after 0130 even further below. Also this time, weak
SSB QRM on the hi side. Doesn`t RTSH understand how bad these prolonged useless
broadcasts make them appear in the international broadcasting community? (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** ERITREA [and non]. 7175, Sept 17 at 0357, AM carrier detectable surrounded
by loud noise jamming, sounding suspiciously like DRM. Still same at 0431, but
gone by 0520. This is listed in WRTH 2016 as Voice of the Broad Masses of
Eritrea, program 2, 100 kW, irregular (and program 1 on 7200). 7175 was first
reported reactivated in the local evening of Sept 14. Wolfgang Büschel then
found the jamming too, presumably by ETHIOPIA. Hey, Ruxandra, shouldn`t your
DRM Consortium be promoting this additional valuable application of DRM
noise-producers? BTW, I also had checked after 0400 Sept 15 and did not hear
any of these intruders into the exclusive worldwide 40 hamband; already off?
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 720, Sept 17 at 1158, open carrier from WSW/ENE atop a weaker
Mexican music station, the latter mentioning ``La Raza`` at 1202 UT, so no
doubt KSAH San Antonio. I wait and wait for something to start, until 1206
Mexican choral NA finally starts; 1208 Chihuahua state song; 1209 inspirational
``un nuevo día`` recitation about ``amor, y sólo amor`` with music bed. 1212
weakening but finally brief canned sign-on as ``El Fonógrafo 7-20 AM``, street
address in Ciudad Juárez, ``mil watts, Grupo Radio México``; then switch to
live announcer with 6:12 TC, and calls mentioned for first time, XEJCC,
plugging algo at 9 am from México DF, 1213 into music. Calls pronounced
``equis-e-jota-céce``, i.e. emphasis on the first C, rather than equal or even
more stress on the second, so at first it sounded like ``efe`` or ``ese``.
``CC`` could be interpreted as cese, ``stop it`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** SOLOMON ISLANDS. 9545.002, Sept 17 at 0525, carrier with a trace of
modulation at S4-S6, no doubt SIBC running late again, but almost back on
frequency after this Sept 16 report in the DXLD yg:

``SIBC 9545 has been missing lately so I was pleased to hear them again today.
Firstly at 0148 UT when the frequency was measured at 9545.146, the at 0455
recheck they were on 9545.62 but the frequency was still wandering - up to
9545.70 within a minute. Bryan Clark, Mangawhai - New Zealand`` (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SUDAN. 7206-AM, Sept 17 at 0426 a carrier is here, and still at 0520 but
JBA, no doubt Omdurman which sometimes clix a kHz up or down from nominal 7205;
same time I was originally getting Eritrea 7175 and jamming (Glenn Hauser, OK,
DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 13695, Sept 17 at 1702, WRMI is still providing an hour of its
wonderful `World Music` as respite from Brother HyStairical before and after
this hour. From WRMI schedule grids, here are all the times for World Music,
plus *this one not on the schedule. There may well be others, most likely
carved out from other extensive Overcomer hours!
0000-0100 Tue-Sat  7730 285 degrees
0700-0800 Tue-Fri  7730 285 degrees
1300-1400 Mon-Fri 11580  44 degrees
1700-1800 daily  *13695 315 degrees
2000-2100 Mon-Sat 11580  44 degrees
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 7490, Sept 17 at 0541, no signal from WBCQ. I think it was not on 24
hours earlier either, tho I failed to note that for sure. Guess what, the new
0400-0700 seven-day-a-week entry on:
http://schedule.wbcq.com/main.php?fn=sked&freq=7490
``0400 0700 UTC The Hour Of The Time / The Road To Paradise`` reviving the
defunct conspiracy guru William Cooper, which I had logged only on Sept 13 &
14, I did not notice either Sept 15 at 0619, and as of Sept 17 has been removed
from that schedule (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. Re my log of 9275, WMLK reactivated Sept 16, Rafael Rodríguez R.,
Colombia tells me: Esta informacion aparecio hoy publicada en la página de
Facebook de la WMLK:

``WMLK Radio has returned to the shortwave airwaves today (9/16/2016) at ~12:00
noon [EDT = 16 UT]. We are broadcasting at 130 kW. Music and the Statement of
Doctrine are on the program today! A lot of work has gone into bringing WMLK
Radio to the current high level it now is broadcasting at! Please enjoy this
remarkable event! Thank you!`` (Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 15240, Sat Sept 17 at 1702, R. Munansi is presumably still going,
weak talk in Luganda(?) via WWRB (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 720, Sept 17 at 1214 UT, as XEJCC Juárez is fading out, something in
English from E/W, talking about César Chávez and Harvey Milk; 1217 UT several
ads to 1221 fading with toll-free numbers, starting with anti-IRS Tax Shield.
Hard to see how this could be anything but KDWN Las Vegas NV --- nothing else
out there on 720. Per
http://kdwn.com/weekend-shows/

Scheduled Saturday at 3:00 a.m. – 6:00 a.m. [PDT = 1000-1300 UT]:
http://www.epictimes.com/jerry-doyle/
``The Jerry Doyle Show is a mix of politics, pop culture and current events.
Doyle’s strong opinions, diverse background and quick wit can appeal to all
listening audiences. The real Jerry Doyle is not far removed from the character
that he played, as they both uphold high standards, are outspoken and live with
vivid pasts``

50/50 kW KDWN is supposed to aim a deep cardioid null toward Chicago at night,
and mostly toward me, while daytime is non-direxional. Official FCC sunrise in
September is 1315 UT (October: 1345 UT). I do occasionally hear them around
sunrise here, always wondering if they are really on ND day pattern (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1480, Sat Sept 17 at 1228 UT, nothing but KQAM with `Garden Wise
Guys`` about how to combat webworms: spray entire trees early. Not a hint of 50
kW KBXD Dallas with its new South Asian format as heard a few days ago, so must
be gone again. Confirming The Metroplex is still propagating by skywave:

1440, Sept 17 at 1230 UT, dead air; 1232 UT comes to life as Arturo welcomes an
abogada guest, wishing each other and us ``buenas tardes`` so hardly live but
call-in phone is Dallas, 214-787-1440, i.e. 50 kW KTNO (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** YEMEN [non]. 11860, Sept 17 at 1341, Republic of Yemen Radio is S9+10 in
Arabic talk; good ole triumphal music playing by 1419, still S9+10 presumably
via SAUDI ARABIA. Reception improving and hope this continue. Today`s sunset in
Sana`a is 1503, in case they should ever resume Qur`anic vespers interrupting
programming (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. TP carrier search pre-sunrise Sept 17: Well, I finally heard
something Richard N Allen did not, on my mere DX-398 and ferrite loopstick: 774
from the NW (NHK) JBA carrier definitely made it as far as Enid at 1140, when I
could also detect a carrier on 693. At 1154, 774 and 828 JBA carriers. 73,
(Glenn Hauser, out west from Perry, sent from my custom Desktop, IRCA via DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

On 9/17/2016 6:26 AM, Richard N Allen wrote: ``What a difference a day make! I
listened from about 1000 to 1215 UT (LSR) and there wasn't a trace of a TP or
DU signal here this morning. I hope the folks out west have a better morning.
Richard Allen, near Perry OK USA. Sent from my iPad``.

Previous morning Sept 16 (when I wasn`t monitoring), he got a bunch:

``This morning had the first reception of any TP signals here this season.
774 JOUB fair at 1100 with man in JJ on a barefoot Skywave receiver.
828 moderate het (JOBB?) in 830 WCCO sideband at 1108, audible until past 1214
sunrise.
972 strong het (HLCA?) in 970 WDAY sideband at 1109, audible until past sunrise.
1153 ROK jammer audible with 1050 XEG splatter from 1113 until past sunrise..
747 JOIB barely audible to poor, 1141-1147, moderate sideband QRM.
702 moderate het (2BL?) from southwest at 1154, fading away from 1200.
Richard Allen, near Perry OK USA`` (IRCA via gh, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

This report dispatched at 1837 UT September 17
_
Hard-Core-DX mailing list
Hard-Core-DX@hard-core-dx.com