** ALBANIA. 9854.97, Sept 23 at 0127, usual humroar mixed with R. Tirana IS, S7
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** ARGENTINA. 11710.66, Sept 23 at 0120, no doubt RAE on signature
off-frequency, S7 with music; and another unID carrier below 11710 about
11709.85. RAE is supposed to be in an hiatus with music only until relaunch Oct
5 with new name, new programming, new IS, new modulation? but old frequencies,
as explained by Arnaldo Slaen, GRA blog, via DXLD 16-38 and WORLD OF RADIO 1844
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** BOLIVIA. 5952.44, Sept 23 at 0228 tune-in to Radio Pío Doce signing off with
full ID, frequency list, contact info, atop ``Col. Bogey March`` theme music as
always. 0230 plays interval signal? of about 10 rising notes a few times and
dead air (or something bleeding in, JBM?) until off circa 0231:50*. WRMIBS 5950
is so weak as usual that it is not a problem to separate them (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA [and non]. 870, Sept 23 at 0259 UT, I am noticing that WWL has some
musiQRM, but also some QubaRM as an ``RR`` fires in Morse from Radio Reloj,
which per WRTH 2016 counts upon three: 10 kW in Bueycito GR and Baracoa GÜ
(closest), 1 kW in Sancti Spíritus SS.

The music is probably KJMP Pierce CO, 1200/320 U4, as KAZ reported:
``KJMP 870 CO into IL --- KJMP with their oldies is bothering WWL tonight here
near Chicago for a new catch for me. They must be seriously out of spec and
none of their patterns is supposed to put much this way. They were loud
crushing WWL at the Convention in KC last weekend. 73 KAZ Barrington IL (Neil
Kazaross, Perseus and DKAZ Phased Array aimed westish, 0333 UT Sept 18, NRC-AM
via DXLD)``
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. 9605, Sept 23 at 0213, Radio Habana Cuba S3 on new frequency!
Propaganda-style talk about Uruguay immediately recognizable, confirmed // 9710
(which has CCI at this hour, CRI Spanish via Kashgar, EAST TURKISTAN). Also
checked // 6060 RHC and find it a reverb/echo apart, denoting two different
transmitter sites. However, 9605 is // and synch with 9535 which has a much
better signal. No sign of WHRI now on 9605, which had been running own
programming at 02-03, by mistake? instead of scheduled 7315, failing to QSY
after Korelay. Continuing bandscan, I soon encounter:

9465, Sept 23 at 0217, Spanish here too, another RHC NF, also S3 and // synch
9535. Since 9465 and 9605 are both 70 kHz from 9535, I must conclude these are
spurs, altho strong enough to be taken as some of their weaker fundamentals!
Note, previously on 9465 during this hour I was once getting Qur`an, and Turkey
in Uighur, but none of that audible tonight with degraded propagation (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** KOREA SOUTH [non]. 9605, Sept 23 at 0125, instead of KBS World Radio Spanish
via WHRI, just a carrier, open, or maybe a trace of modulation. What`s wrong?
Not on after 0200 when I am getting CUBA! q.v. (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** NORTH AMERICA. 5150.0-AM, Sept 23 at 0118, something here with music, S7; by
0219 it`s S6 on other receiver; 0233 rock music. Referred to as ``Relay
Station`` since it broadcasts different pirates, including Newport Pirate Radio
and Bangalore Poacher, per latest logs at
https://www.hfunderground.com/board/index.php?topic=30088.0
Also separate threads from previous days (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NORTH AMERICA. 6949.40-AM, Sept 23 at 0224, algo JBM. Only one other guy
caught this and IDed it, in HF Underground:
https://www.hfunderground.com/board/index.php?topic=30100.0

``Solar Centric, 6949.5 AM, 0226 UTC, 23 Sept 2016 « Today at 03:01 »
Heard via LO WebSDR, thanks to kcpr on the piratechat for alerting me.
0226-0250 OM lecturing about shamanism
0251 Solar Centric ID repeated a few times for a couple of minutes
0253 music - "Too Hot" by The Specials
0255 the idle STANAG on 6947, which had been silent all evening, suddenly fired
up and drowned out Solar Centric. He went off a minute or so later. Logged
MDK2, Denver, CO.``

I also noticed 6946+ was unusually absent. Where`s LO among WebSDRs? (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. Re: ``FORMAT, SLOGAN AND SILENT STATUS CHANGES:
1050, KXCA Lawton, OK was CBS Sports Radio, now Westwood One The Touch urban
adult contemporary, old slogan: "The Ticket 1050 AM", new: "1050
AM Heart and Soul"

1050, KGTO Tulsa, OK old slogan: "1050 The Touch KGTO", new: "KGTO
1050 Heart and Soul"

[both 1050 OKies on same net now? Can barely hear both daytime or
SR/SS, maybe echoing? -- gh]

1380, KKRX Lawton, OK was Westwood One The Touch urban adult
contemporary, now CBS Sports Radio, old slogan: "1380 The Touch",
new: "The Ticket 1380" (Bob Wien, Broadcasting Information, IRCA DX
Monitor Sept 3 via DXLD)``

1050, Sept 22 at 2021 UT on caradio I finally get around to checking these out:
I am not hearing any QRM, but there are two weak signals making a SAH of 6 to 7
Hz during music. I don`t hear any echo so the two must be well-synchronized.
2038 UT a commercial for Walgreen`s, no QRM and no echo. 2040 UT now there are
conflicting commercials during local cutaway. Recheck at 2056 UT now one is in
music and the other in talk, continuing past 2100 UT, can`t hear any IDs but
obviously these are the two Okie stations near limits of groundwave. KGTO
Tulsa, approx. 102 miles, is 1 kW non-direxional; KXCA Lawton, approx. 125
miles, is 0.25 kW direxional away from Tulsa. Both have negligible night
powers, pace XEG. If I`m ever in Tulsa at night, must hear how well its 22
watts carry. Or Lawton: 6 watts (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A [and non]. WORLD OF RADIO 1844 monitoring: confirmed Thursday
September 22 at 2100 on WRMI 13695, excellent. Also confirmed Thu Sept 22 at
2330 on WBCQ 9329.994-CUSB, S9+10. Next:
Fri 0830   Unique Radio NSW 3210 ND
Fri 2130.5 WRMI 13695 to NW
Fri 2330   WBCQ 9330v-CUSB to WSW
Sat 0630   HLR  6190-CUSB to SW
Sat 0700   Unique Radio NSW 3210 ND
Sat 1400   Unique Radio NSW 3210 ND
Sat 1430   HLR  7265-CUSB to SW
Sat 1930v  WA0RCR 1860-AM ND
Sat 2230   WBCQ 9330v-CUSB to WSW
Sun 0310v  WA0RCR 1860-AM ND
Sun 0830   Unique Radio NSW 3210 ND
Sun 2330   WBCQ 9330v-CUSB to WSW
Mon 0030   WRMI 7730 to WNW
Mon 0300v  WBCQ 5130v Area 51 to WSW
Mon 0330   WRMI 9955 to SSE
Mon 2330   WBCQ 9330v-CUSB to WSW
Tue 1100   WRMI 9955 to SSE
Tue 2130   WRMI 15770 to NE
Tue 2330   WBCQ 9330v-CUSB to WSW
Wed 1315.5 WRMI 9955 to SSE
Wed 2100   WBCQ 7490v to WSW
Wed 2330   WBCQ 9330v-CUSB to WSW
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 880, Sept 23 at 0244 UT, ranchera music looping E/W, need to listen
on LSB to avoid strong day-power cheating KHAC NM/AZ gospel huxter in English
which is USB only (almost, some bleedover into LSB?). That leaves KRVN NE on
DSB which I can`t null completely so still a lot of QRM for this one. Live DJ
gives his cabina phone number; 0247 UT another announcement, 0250 UT fading
down. 0302 UT fading up a bit for music, 0304 UT timecheck I can`t copy. From
previous experience it is probably WIJR Highland IL (St Louis MO market), 160
watts night; rather than WMDB Nashville TN 2 watts (and is the latter still
compensating for that by buying time on WNQM 1300? Can`t tell anymore since
WWCR fixed its mixing products on 6220 & 8820) (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1500.5, Sept 23 at 0237 UT, the mystery whine is louder than I`ve
ever heard it, really QRMing KSTP SBG, still loops east/west; harder to detect
on lo side 1499.5. Thought to be somewhere around the New Madrid Fault
multi-state area (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

This report dispatched at 0530 UT September 23
_
Hard-Core-DX mailing list
Hard-Core-DX@hard-core-dx.com