Some of you may have seen my posts about Radio Cairo's english service in
the last week or so.

I heard them on August 23rd at 2030UTc on 9895khz. Modulation was still
pretty low, around 30-35 percent but audio quality was fairly good.

Here's my recording:
https://app.box.com/s/oh3b3kfiof3nqpag40o3e15xzw6e0v5j

Well, on August 25th, I'd heard Radio Cairo English at 2230UTC on 9800kHz
and regarded that as the best I'd ever heard Cairo in English. audio
quality was pretty good, modulation still a bit low, around 40-45 percent
but programming was overall pretty understandable.

Here's my recording:
https://app.box.com/s/tbdzc94e8t1col5cdt3jxqx3vu7jl8tv

Well, hold onto your hats because Cairo gets even better, sorta kinda
maybe. On August 27, I once heard the english service on 9800kHz. The usual
hum was there but this time they were modulating about 60-70 percent
however the audio source material sounded like it was recorded way too
hot.... however this was still pretty understandable. Voice was a bit
distorted, but Music was ok.

Here's my recording:
https://app.box.com/s/0n7htyi84fpazkmoe8khxkvjjg3mxvm4

I am not hopeful this quality will last and get better because over two
decades of history proves otherwise