** ALBANIA [non]. 5850, Jan 18 at 2300.0, WRMI canned Spanish ID by Dino,
2300.5 ME World Music, not R. Tirana. Also Jan 19 at 2300.5. Jeff with English
ID giving phone number, 2301.0 music not Tirana again, completing at least one
full week of Albanian AWOL (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** ARGENTINA [non]. 9395, Jan 18 at 1857, WRMI Oldies music // 9455, soon
starting some Beatles, but at 1900 with no ID break, 9395 morphs into other
World Music fill instead of RAE relay in German, no longer //. Recheck at 2050
on caradio, 9395 is still WMX, no RAE relay in Italian. 9395, Jan 19 at 1907
check, once again no RAE in German, but some music not // 9455

9395 is also supposed to carry the only remaining RAE relay in English at
0200-0300 Tue-Sat, but often too weak to tell, and/or I am occupied with the
latest news on what`s really happening in American politix thanx to Rachel
Maddow (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA [and non]. 1620, Jan 19 at 2322, R. Rebelde with deportes report, a
slight echo apart from // 5025, 6:22 TC; adjacent 1610 has even stronger
Spanish, from where else, Toronto, CHHA with music and YL DJ giving 416 phone
number for requests (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. 15574, 15506, 15438, 15303, 15237, 15167, 15104, 15036, approx.
centers of RHC-FM spurs out of 15370-AM, Jan 19 at 1517. Only the closer ones
audiblize `Sonido Cubano` music without crackle, and spread up to 10 kHz wide,
sounding clear but low if tuned anywhere within that range, such as
15302-15308, 15431-15441, 15504-15508. Always accompanied by a constant tone,
which my keyboard matches to F# above C middle, i.e. about 370 Hz; why?

Instead of the same old boring stuff over and over about ham radio,
home-brewing, propagation, etc., Arnie should do a case-study for `DXers
Unlimited` (and `En Contacto`), about these RHC FM transmissions, and countless
other anomalies. There must be a technical explanation about how they arise.
The 65-70 kHz typical intervals remind me of FM subcarrier frequencies, maybe
not filtered out of their STLs? But in that case he would have to admit that
they exist, and have for aeons.

At least technical details about how the DentroCuban Jamming Command operates
would also be of great interest: differing sounds, powers, antennas, sites,
coördination, etc. Ditto on admissions. We can only hope to find out about
those from an informed defector or in the post-revolutionary era, which cannot
come soon enough (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. 9720, Jan 19 at 2312, RHC in French, as sked, poor-fair, so I try 5040
for //, but no, it`s in Spanish, and as also in official sked, unlike English
at 0000 ``to Africa`` which is on both (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** KIRITIMATI. 846, Jan 19 at 0706, JBA carrier from R. Kiribati. Each time on
the R-75 I start listening tuned to 845-USB, or if the IBOC from WCCO is too
bad, 847-LSB. If I hear a 1 kHz tone, I know it`s from 846, and rock the 1-Hz
tuning steps back and forth just to be sure (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** PHILIPPINES. 9795, Jan 19 at 2258, ``Jesus Saves`` IS on keyboard several
times, S7-S9, 2300 into Lao? Not exactly. Aoki shows 2300-2330 daily from FEBC
is in Mon. Not bad for due west from Iba. EiBi`s language roster shows Mon is
spoken in Burma, no further info. So not the same as Hmong? (Glenn Hauser, OK,
DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** TURKEY. 5960, Jan 19 at 2309, no signal from Voice of Turkey, English to
North America. Rather than simply off, we know from experience that the Emirler
sloppyrator probably left transmitter on a previous frequency. Later checking
the HFCC schedule, these are the possibilities to check next time:

9610, English -2230
6120 & 5980, Turkish -2200
9625 & 5970, French -2130

We commonly hear Turkish on 5980 until 2200, but after 2300 it`s DRM from
Romania, and I can`t detect any TRT on it too.

Alan Roe was monitoring TRT to determine what`s going on with their Letterbox,
and says to the DXLD yg,

``The Voice of Turkey Letterbox Programme was heard today, Friday 19 January
during the 2300 UT broadcast on 5960 (although the transmitter was switched on
late at around 2330).

The Letterbox Programme is therefore now confirmed as being aired every
two-weeks *on Fridays only* at approx. 35 minutes into the transmission and
runs approx. 10 minutes. Next airing is scheduled 2 February. Alan Roe,
Teddington, UK``

So this info has now been updated at DX/SWL/MEDIA programs,
http://www.worldofradio.com/dxpgms.html

Alan`s Hitlist has also just been updated:
http://www.w4uvh.net/hitlist.htm
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 7489.909, UT Sat Jan 20 after 0000, lo-fi phone line of some guy on
WBCQ explaining why the Catholic Church has got everything wrong; ``Mary is not
to be worshiped``. Recheck late in hour via webcast, he also doesn`t think much
of the Jews, Hindus, Jehovah`s Witnesses, Family Radio. 0059 almost running out
of time, IDs as ``FKB Radio Sermon Time``, spells town too fast to copy, but
ZIP is 21227, which is Halethorpe, Maryland.

So this is the show that has replaced `Fred Flintstone`, who was much more
entertaining. Searching on FKB Halethorpe leads to a bunch of books concerning
sermons in a catalog, published by FKB Radio Sermon Time:

http://www.worldcat.org/title/christ-and-him-crucified-the-sum-and-substance-of-the-gospel-the-only-hope-of-the-sinner-and-the-glory-of-the-christian/oclc/761318114

``Christ, and him crucified: the sum and substance of the Gospel, the only hope
of the sinner, and the glory of the Christian. Author: D A Harsha. Publisher:
Halethorpe, MD : F.K.B. Radio Sermon Time, 200-. Edition/Format: Print book :
English View all editions and formats. Rating: (not yet rated) 0 with reviews -
Be the first``

At first I figured we were listening to D A Harsha, but that author died in
1895y. What`s FKB? One must probably dig deeper than the Karlsruhe/Baden2
airport or the Flying Karamazov Brothers. I`m entertaining guesses about FKB,
which may be even more amusing.

There is still nothing about FKB on the WBCQ program schedule, just a gap
between 00 and 01 UT Saturdays. `Allan Weiner Worldwide` follows at 0100 on
7490-, and I leave it to John Carver to report on that:

``Tonight's show started a bit over a minute late with some confusion and muted
audio at the beginning. No signal on 7490 so still listening to 5130. Allan and
Angela in the studio in FLA. Allan talked about radio and history and his
tweets. Mr. Transistor, Norm called in at 0115. Talk of state parks in Florida
and viewing manatees. At 0120 the talk went back to radio and history. Signal
started to degrade about 0123. Allan faded in around 0138 talking about taxes
again. Reading of emails began at 0146. Brother Stair is all right but still in
jail as there has not been a bail hearing as of yet. Some reading of logs from
the Free Radio Weekly. Show was off the air officially at 0200 but the signal
was gone a few minutes before that. John, Mid-North Indiana`` (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. WORLD OF RADIO 1913 monitoring: confirmed Thursday January 18 at
2230.5 on WRMI 5850, very good S9+20. Not confirmed UT Fri Jan 19 at 0030 on
WBCQ, 9330v-CUSB, inaudible; ditto 24 hours later, UT Sat Jan 20 at 0030. Next:
Sat 0729  HLR 6190-CUSB to WSW
Sat 1531  HLR 6190-CUSB to WSW
Sat 2030v WA0RCR 1860-AM ND
Sat 2230  WBCQ 9330v-CUSB to WSW
Sat 2300  WRMI 7780 to NE
Sun 0200  WRMI 7780 to NE
Sun 0410v WA0RCR 1860-AM ND
Sun 1130  HLR 9485-CUSB to WSW
Mon 0030  WBCQ 9330v-CUSB to WSW
Mon 0400v WBCQ 5130v Area 51 to WSW
Mon 0430  WRMI 9955 to SSE, 9455 to WNW
Tue 0030  WBCQ 9330v-CUSB to WSW
Tue 0030  WRMI 7730 to WNW
Tue 2030  WRMI 7780 to NE, 9455 to WNW [or #1914?]

Full WOR schedule via all media, podcast access:
http://www.worldofradio.com/radioskd.html
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 9455, Thu Jan 18 at 2128, WRMI World Music, maybe just a few minutes
fill after short program, scheduled as `Walking in Power` at 2100, or replacing
the whole thing. After 2130 into `Wavescan`, including at 2138 the Indian DX
report; 2147 ID as the WS for ``today, Sunday December 31``, the day KQV
Pittsburgh closes down, and Ray reading a feature about it.

?? There should have been two more episodes of WS since then. Not the first
time an unlatest one has appeared on WRMI. Does this mean all airings on all
Systems are thus, or just some of them? It would be quite a task to monitor
each of the dozens of scheduled airings encompassing every day of the week and
most of the transmitters / frequencies, for which episodes air when; and the
following week it might differ anyway (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 9455, Fri Jan 19 at 2313-2320, WRMI with `Your Weekend Show`, as Bob
Biermann is not preaching yet, but talking about his vast experience in
emergency management in South Carolina, and on the Hawaiian false-alarm,
``something about this is untrue, or incomplete; not an accidental event,
planned by some agency``. As he suspects it was a deliberate test to assess
public response, yet he is ``not into conspiracy theories`` (Glenn Hauser, OK,
DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 9475-, Jan 19 at 2303, WTWW-1 is burping about 63 times per minute,
tiny carrier cuts from S9+10/20, but each accompanied by a bit of talk
modulation, amid silence. Totally unusable; wake up, Ted. Better yet, snooze
on, since it`s only that SFAW PPPP far-right extremist racist identity
nonsense, which you are tacitly endorsing by broadcasting it, sometimes. Or
rather, explicitly, since you voice a promo for it during ham shows, as a great
source for Biblical info.

There was another report recently of such breakup: ``Seemingly a weird thumping
modulation at 2140 UT this afternoon (17 January) for WTWW's transmitter on
9475 kHz. Nothing can be understood. -- Richard Langley, NB, dxldyg`` (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 6900-LSB, Jan 19 at 2256, finding no pirates, I switch from USB
for Spanish 2-way here: soon mentions Corpus Christi, Texas, and ``Operación
Conejo`` = Rabbit, hola, hola. Sounds intriguing; maybe not all these are to be
dismissed as non-American ``peskies`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

This report despatched at 0350 UT January 20
_
Hard-Core-DX mailing list
Hard-Core-DX@hard-core-dx.com