** CUBA. 14935, 15003, 15072, 15208, 15277, 15346, 15414 very approx. centers
of spurblobs --- here we go again! Feb 22 at 1915, I hit the first one at 15277
as I bandscan down, extremely distorted Arabic with F# tone. It`s obviously the
RHC transmitter which had been spewing its filth thruout the 19m band from
15370 in the 14-16 UT period but which again was clean today. I bet they
swapped out to a different transmitter in order to accomplish that and satisfy
their harshest critic.

These too are at 68-70 kHz intervals from the source, 15140-AM. Some
demodulation can also be copied on the closer ones when switched to the FM
mode. Particularly disturbing, registering S7, is 15003, too close to and
QRMing weaker WWV/WWVH. Once I realized what was happening, I searched further
ones up and down, to the point of barely audible. Nominal span for 15140 is
1900-2130 in Arabic, Kriyol, English and French. This is of course the first
time I`ve noted the spur panoply around 15140. Now how long will this go on ---
until they do another transmitter swap? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. 15520, 15445, 15295, 15220, 15145, 15068, 14998, Feb 23 at 1533,
they`re back!! Extremely distorted FMy spurblobs out of RHC 15370-AM
transmitter, but now at slightly greater intervals circa 70-71 kHz, which means
they attack a different set of victims. Can`t hear any further up and down, but
at least the F# tone can be detected in FM mode, and the closer ones demodulate
clearly, altho at low level.

Recheck at 1553 just before sign-off, the blobs have shifted to these approx.
centers at 76-77 kHz steps: 15682, 15613, 15524, 15447, 15294, 15218, 15139 –
and the last one totally blox whatever weak signal may be there from Oman.
We`ll see if Havana`s own 15140 again produce its panoply today at 1900-2130,
like yesterday. Something`s always wrong at RHC (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** NIGERIA [non]. 11530, Feb 22 circa 1940 check, just reconfirming R. Herwa
International is still on air via WRMI in non-English African language, usual
good signal here, probably unlike in target (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** SPAIN. 9690, Feb 22 at 2224, REE Castilian broadcast with hard rock music in
English; key word lyric seems to be ``woman``; S9+20/30 VG to North America,
while 15390 & 15500 have totally outfaded. Closer to the start just after 1900,
I had noticed that 15390 was still horribly distorted, but they obviously don`t
care at Noblejas. Something`s always wrong at REE. 2227 ID/promo in English,
French, Portuguese, song in Spanish (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A [and non]. WORLD OF RADIO 1918 monitoring: 5850, Thursday February 22
at 2228, WRMI with IS/ID prélude claiming that programming resumes at ``Top of
the hour`` (only in India, Iran, etc.); 2230 Okeechobee Ocean ID, 2230.5 WOR
1918 confirmed, and also caught the closing at 2259 implying that it aired
entirely. Also confirmed UT Fri Feb 23 at 0030 on WBCQ, 9330.294v-CUSB,
poor-fair. Next:
Sat 0030   WBCQ 9330v-CUSB to WSW
Sat 0729   HLR 6190-CUSB to WSW
Sat 1531   HLR 6190-CUSB to WSW
Sat 2030v  WA0RCR 1860-AM ND
Sat 2230   WBCQ 9330v-CUSB to WSW
Sat 2300   WRMI 7780 to NE
Sun 0200   WRMI 7780 to NE
Sun 0410v  WA0RCR 1860-AM ND
Sun 1130   HLR 9485-CUSB to WSW
Mon 0030   WBCQ 9330v-CUSB to WSW
Mon 0400v  WBCQ 5130v Area 51 to WSW
Mon 0430   WRMI 9955 to SSE, 9455 to WNW
Tue 0030   WBCQ 9330v-CUSB to WSW
Tue 0030   WRMI 7730 to WNW
Tue 2030   WRMI 7780 to NE, 9455 to WNW [or #1919?]
Tue 2130   WRMI 9455 to WNW [or #1919?]

Full WOR schedule via all media, podcast access:
http://www.worldofradio.com/radioskd.html
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 9455, Fri Feb 23 at 1458, WRMI is still playing the Spanish `Viva
Miami` episode recorded at Selangor, Malaysia, just after the HFCC conference,
Jeff & Thaïs discussing their adventures and travel plans: as it ends abruptly,
says going next to Osaka, switch planes, to Honolulu for three days. Being a
major international broadcaster and chairman of HFCC allows the Whites to
travel a lot, and I bet it`s first-class (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 15610, Feb 22 at 1910, WEWN is stronger than usual, must be some
sporadic-E HF enhancement, MUF at least 16 MHz; WWCR 15825 too is about as
strong, and about the same 1-megameter skip distance. Only when WEWN gets this
strong, can I easily detect the constant squeal it transmits along with
English. This was previously attributable to parasitic spurs at 9/18 MHz,
beating against each other; the modulation causes the pitches to vary slightly
vs pauses (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 17774.99, Feb 22 at 2201, KVOH is still on with praise music in
Spanish. I decide to measure it, but before I can pin it to the Hz, cuts off
abruptly at 2203*. No soft sign-off here, but throw the big switch! Sked shows
Tue & Thu 1500-2200; Mon/Wed/Fri 1500-2000 in Spanish; Sat 1600-2000 English.

17774.987, Feb 23 at 1601, now I can measure it, but takes a while as it is
varying continuously very slightly. Got it here at 1606 while at 1607 it fades
down drastically from original S9+30 to only S7.

This is during `Frecuencia al Día` which started with a heavily produced
feature about the history of La Voz del Yuna, Bonao, República Dominicana. May
well have mentioned current status, but I`m too busy measuring the frequency;
scanning the WRTH 2018 listings on page 188-189 I finally find it toward the
bottom of the list, as 3 kW on 1670, HIC81, http://lavozdelyuna.org website.
Why is Yuna masculine? Probably understood as name of a rio or some other
non-feminine geographic entity. I don`t recall ever seeing this reported as a
DX catch, tho it should have a good worldwide chance on the X-band. WRTH shows
DR with four X-banders, on 1620, 1640, 1670, 1680, the second and fourth being
well-known. Note that the official if never announced? callsigns are assigned
sequentially by frequency, at this end, HIC79, HIC80, HIC81, HIC82. While HIC##
are the main calls on the MW band starting with 1200, below that are HIB## and
some others are interspersed, maybe because of relays.

Searching my archive on Yuna leads to another station there at Bonao, the 1350
which was reported by Mark Mohrmann, remember him? in 2000y on x 2 = 2700.

LVdelY has made news before, such as on 2 July 2015:
https://gruporadioescuchaargentino.wordpress.com/2015/07/02/la-voz-del-yuna-se-convertira-en-la-primera-emisora-de-am-digital-de-republica-dominicana-y-america-latina/
Does that mean IBOC, or what? They don`t say! It has appeared in numerous
editions of X-band lists, but I still haven`t found any axual DX log of it
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1130, Feb 23 at 1452 UT check, KLEY is still totally out of whack,
same rapid pulsing, for more than a week, and carrier with bits of mod cutting
on and off less quickly (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1240+, Feb 23 at 1453 UT, het on hi side from NW/SE, no doubt the
perpetually off-frequency KCRT Trinidad CO as previously identified. Too weak
now to get a good measurement vs 1240.00 pileup, but keyboard says the pitch is
between E and Eb above Cmiddle, i.e. about 320 Hz. Incredibly, tho this has
been the major 1240+off station for years, it`s not on the list at
http://www.mwlist.org/mwoffset.php?khz=1240
despite lots of other US graveyarders (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 15016-USB, Feb 23 at 1552, slowly uttered series of fonetik
letters and numbers, without much reverb on this one, the mysterious US
military outlet. Resumes? introducing as a ``message of 52 characters follows``
--- Lucks out between the RHC spurblobs, q.v. (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

This report dispatched at 1906 UT February 23
_
Hard-Core-DX mailing list
Hard-Core-DX@hard-core-dx.com