** CUBA. 6060, March 5 at 0718, RHC is S9+20 but JBM in English; 6145
is S9+10 undermodulated but sufficient. Of the remaining Cuban Five,
5040 and 6000 are off; 6100 a JBA carrier likely something else:
perhaps KCBS P`yongyang altho a bit early for it, sunset not until
0934. Something`s always wrong at RHC (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** CUBA [and non]. 13740, March 5 at 1524, RHC S9/+10 of dead air,
which is getting to be a habit; while 13700 is modulating OK at S9+20
without spurs. Something`s always wrong at RHC, which is supposed to
be OFF 13740 at 1500*-*2200.

13740, March 5 at 1856, S9 open carrier, still RHC? RFI in French is
scheduled here at 1700-2000, and I do briefly hear a bit of French
underneath at 1857-1900+ but by 1908 just the carrier, S9+10. At 1911
I check via UTwente SDR and find a weak OC. So is it RHC, ISS out of
order, or both? A day or two ago, my caradio stopped on 13740 during a
sufficiently modulated RFI French (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** ETHIOPIA [non]. 11990, March 5 at 1530, language talk at S5-S8, HOA
music, ID sounds like ``Huna Radio ----`` but not Arabic; recheck 1600
is off.

Ron Norton notified me along with expanded IRRS English broadcasts for
Coronavirus: ``Additionally, new broadcasts have been started as of
today March 4, 2020 in Oromo language to Ethiopia on 11990 from
1500-1600 UTC (@ 250 kW)`` and the IRRS website says it`s daily. But
name of it or sponsorship NOT given; another new clandestine to this
area? Ivo Ivanov in Bulgaria says site is Secretbrod = Kostinbrod,
Bulgaria where the power is only 50 kW (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF
RADIO 2024) See also ITALY [non]

** GREECE. 9420, March 6 at 0053, S9-S5 of open carrier --- yet
another station suffering from Dead Air Syndrome, Voice of Greece
(Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** ITALY [non]. (7290), March 5 at 1824, via UTwente SDR, `War Room -
Pandemic`` new show about CoronaVirus on IRRS, interviewing someone
from a Los Angeles hospital, until 1845 music fill for rest of hour.
Part of expanded broadcasts from IRRS, starting 7290 at 1800 instead
of 1900: that explains why I was already hearing music on Monday March
2 before WORLD OF RADIO --- but there was some kind of change in
transmission before 1900, different sites? 7290 has been assumed to be
one of the Romanian sites, Saftica or Tsiganeshti.

Ron Norton wrote: ``Hello There from IRRS & EGR,

1.) While most of Northern Italy has come (nearly) to a halt due to
the recent coronavirus outbreak, we have just extended our global
coverage with daily broadcasts to reach out to Europe, the Middle
East, Asia/Pacific and Africa with daily news and commentaries on
COVID-19 in English.

Here are our new (daily) frequencies as of Feb. 21, 2020 (@ 150 kW):

9640 kHz (1400-1500 UTC) to Asia and Middle East
7290 kHz (1800-2000 UTC) to Europe
9660 kHz (2000-2100 UTC) to Africa
594  kHz (2100-2200 UTC/2200-2300 CET) AM/Medium Wave to N Italy and
Southern/Central Europe

Please check our blog for more details at:
https://nexus.org/coronavirus-qsl/

You may find our updated B19 frequency schedule at:
https://nexus.org/schedules

2.) On the occasion we have released our new QSL card available
electronically for all reception reports.

You may send your reception report for any of our broadcasts to
repo...@nexus.org. We will gladly acknowledge all verified reception
reports with our new electronic QSL.

When requesting our QSL card, please consult our Privacy Policy at
https://nexus.org/privacy
and learn how we process your personal data according to the GDPR.
Stay home, stay safe: listen to Shortwave! 73s, Ron``

That`s the motto on the eQSL which several have already received along
with an illustration of the CV. Ivo Ivanov says 9640 is also via
Bulgaria since he can hear its second harmonic 19280 on local
groundwave and power is only 50 kW.

Richard Langley notes: ``Website mentions this: "A new program aired
via IRRS-Shortwave is called “War Room Pandemic” and produced in the
USA by Steve Bannon, political advisor, media executive, former
investment banker and former White House Chief Strategist." !!! Will
it be objective and science-based?`` --- Beware!

Dr Hansjoerg Biener says on 04 March: ``Bannon's website on the new
podcast is available at
https://pandemic.warroom.org/
His podcast seems to have started on 27 January 2020 but look at the
web address closely:
https://pandemic.warroom.org/category/war-room-impeachment/page/2/

SPECIAL – War Room: Pandemic, Why the Wuhan Coronavirus is So
Important
January 27, 2020  Steve Bannon, Jack Posobiec, Jack Maxey, Simone Gao,
Kyle Bass, Dr. Bradley Thayer, Bill Gertz, and Maura Moynihan take
part in a special, hour-long discussion about the coronavirus emerging
out of China, and the serious economic and health implications``
(Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 2024)

** MEXICO. 6185.710v, March 6 at 0048, oh2, XEPPM is off-frequency
again after someone bumped the transmitter, JBM Spanish. (Too late to
mention on WOR 2024, rather it had recently resumed 6184.974.) (Glenn
Hauser, OK, WOR)

** ROMANIA. 7325 & 6130, March 6 at 0102, the anomalies from RRI
continue, these two in English and no signals or Romanian on 7410 &
5910 (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** TIBET [non]. 5890, March 6 at 0046, JBA music and talk, S7-S9, off
at 0103 check. This hour only is VOA Tibetan via KUWAIT, so more
likely hearing the CNR1 jamming.

WWCR-4 may use 5890 at 03-13, but currently on air only 03-05 Tue-Sat,
plus later at night dead air occasionally. From March 8 with the
imposition of DST, all times above one UT hour earlier: new shifted
sked is up at:
http://www.wwcr.com/transmitter-sched.html
(Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** TURKEY. 5960, March 5 at 2345, VOT English on today, enough
modulation to enjoy some music, 2351 headlines, 2352 sign-off claiming
this has been the 1330 broadcast on 12035! IS continues, and at 2356
restarts to include IDs in German twice a minute. 0000 March 6,
timesignal as usual a sesquisecond late, and opening German --- but
chopped off the air at 0003*. Something`s always erroneous at Emirler
(Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** U S A [and non]. WORLD OF RADIO 2024 contents: Antarctica,
Australia, Canada, Chile, Congo DR, Cuba, Ethiopia non, Italy non,
Korea South, México, North America, Oklahoma, Romania, Rwanda non,
Spain, Turkey, Ukraine and non, USA, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Zambia?; and
the propagation outlook

WOR 2024 is available as of 0228 UT Friday March 6
(mp3 stream)    http://www.w4uvh.net/wor2024.m3u
(mp3 download)  http://www.w4uvh.net/wor2024.mp3

Or via http://www.worldofradio.com/audiomid.html
Also linx to podcast services.

The shortwave broadcasts should be:
[note time changes on Unique Radio, WRMI and WBCQ with DST]

0900 UT Friday    Unique Radio NSW 5045-USB or 3210
2300 UT Friday    WRMI 9955
[usually starts with heavy jamming but maybe abates]
0130 UT Saturday  WRMI 5850, 5010, 7780
0900 UT Saturday  Unique Radio NSW 5045-USB or 3210
1300 UT Saturday  WRMI 15770 [not last week]
2030vUT Saturday  WA0RCR 1860-AM
0400vUT Sunday    WA0RCR 1860-AM [nominal 0415]
0900 UT Sunday    Unique Radio NSW 5045-USB or 3210
2130 UT Sunday    WRMI 7780
0130 UT Monday    WRMI 7780 9395?
0230 UT Monday    WRMI 7780 9395?
0300vUT Monday    WBCQ 5130v Area 51
0330 UT Monday    WRMI 9955
0900 UT Monday    Unique Radio NSW 5045-USB or 3210
1900vUT Monday    IRRS 7290 Romania?
0100 UT Tuesday   WRMI 7780
2100 UT Wednesday WRMI 7780
2100 UT Wednesday WBCQ 7490v
0100 UT Thursday  WRMI 7780

Full schedule including AM, FM, webcasts, satellite, podcasts:
http://www.worldofradio.com/radioskd.html
(Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** U S A. 5085 & 5830, March 6 at 0335, both WTWWs are off, altho 24+
hours earlier, 5830 had resumed. Maybe power at Lebanon TN is still
sporadic after tornados (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** VIETNAM [non]. 7315, March 6 at 0044, WHRI in S9+10 of dead air
when it`s supposed to relay VOV in Spanish; still dead until off at
0058* but back on at *0058:20 with stronger signal after beam change
with WHRI ID, music and promos, 0100 VOV starting Vietnamese hour
(Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1520, March 6 at 0110 UT, some musical station with
songs considerably QRMing talker KOKC OKC, making 72/minute SAH = 1.2
Hz. Best heard with KOKC nulled as much as possible, but cannot get a
positive fix on it. What is KYND TX doing now? It`s almost the same
bearing from here as KOKC (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, WOR)

UNIDENTIFIED. 5780, March 5 at 0715, JBA carrier, maybe trace of
modulation. No broadcasters known here. Not a MW harmonic. Not an RHC
leapfrog. Maybe pirate, Euro? (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

This report despatched at 0457 UT March 6