updated for North American DST season
http://www.worldofradio.com/dxpgms.html

WORLD OF RADIO HITLIST by Alan Roe
updated for Cuban & USA DST season:
http://www.w4uvh.net/hitlist.htm

WORLD OF RADIO SCHEDULE
updated for North American DST season
http://www.worldofradio.com/radioskd.html

** BRAZIL. 9630v & 11856v, Sat March 7 at 2220, no signals at all from
R. Aparecida just when we wanted to hear their DX program. Propagation
OK with 11780 S9+10 RNA in SBG; some weak distorted talk on 11815,
probably RBC (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** CHINA. 9155, March 8 at 0041, JBA maybe Chinese on one of the CNR1
jammer frequencies against Sound of Hope; no others around in the
lower 9`s (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** COLOMBIA [non]. 5910, March 7 around 2330 I check the two KiwiSDRs
in Colombia for any signal here or on 6010, but none; 47 hours ago,
Bob Wilkner in FL had a tentative something in Spanish where Alcaraván
radio used to abide, and there have been implications visiting gospel
huxters might refurbish it.

At 0005 UT March 8 on one of my radios I do get a JBA carrier
offset-minus from 5910, but no trace at 0014 on the other, so probably
a local birdie. 6010, March 8 at at 0018, JBA carrier, probably Brasil
(Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** CUBA. 11760, March 7 at 2219, RHC is S9 but very distorted --- just
in an axuality clip, OK once the announcer resume. Something`s always
wrong at RHC (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** CUBA. 17480, March 7 at 2222, JBA carrier, the OSOB if you count
this as part of the 16 mb --- only thing listed in Aoki is Cuban Spy
Numbers at 2155-2350 on days 357 = including Saturday (Glenn Hauser,
OK, WOR)

** CUBA. 13635 & 13766 approx., Sunday March 8 at 1427, RHC spurblobs
out of 13700-AM transmitter, ending music show presumably `Sonido
Cubano` now one UT hour earlier, and plugging 22 de marzo as ``Dia
mundial del agua -- fuente de vida``; 1430 Música del Cine. 13740 is
off but 15230 and distorted 15140 are still on. At 1508, 13700 is
still on with dead air, making the spurs less obvious; and weekly
Esperanto confirmed on 11760 and distorted 15140 --- now one UT hour
earlier for DST season in step with Yankee Imperialists. Something`s
always wrong at RHC.

Despite being an international SW station, RHC allows local DST to
bump most but not all of its transmissions and programming around.
Something`s always wrong at RHC.

Based on what happened in the A-19 season, we expect first English to
be at 19-20 instead of 20-21, still on 15140? Next at 23-24 instead of
22-23 on 11880 --- yes, one real hour *later* rather than earlier in
this case. While the 5040 English at 00-01 should earlyize to 23-24,
i.e. same time as the 11880 --- but will that frequency maintain now
and/or into real A-20? Sometimes it`s been on 9720. Evening to NAm,
will English start at 00 reliably instead of 01? Will end at 07 rather
than 08 on constantly shifting batch of frequencies? TBD.

15140, March 8 at 1713, RHC still on here at S9+10 but suptorted while
// 11760 modulation is OK during music. Something`s always wrong at
RHC.

15140, March 8 at 1830, RHC starting Kriyol, moved an hour earlier
from the winter timing of 1930, so expect English too at 1900. But
this frequency is very suptorted. Something`s always wrong at RHC.

Yes, English now confirmed March 8 from 1900 on 15140, but who would
want to put up with its crummy modulation? Something`s always wrong at
RHC. 11880 has reliably provided the best signal and modulation back
here even tho it`s supposedly for Africa, now at 23 instead of 22?
(Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** CUBA. 13605, March 8 at 1827, lite pulse jamming altho Radio Martí
will not move here from 13820 until A-20 March 29. Something`s always
wrong at the DentroCuban Jamming Command (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** ETHIOPIA [non]. Here`s my eQSL for Oromia Media Network via IRRS:
http://www.w4uvh.net/20200306-11990-kHz--Hauser-Glen-IRRS-QSL-2020-CoronovirusPandemic.pdf

BTW, while WRTH 2020 has only one cland to Ethiopia, not this one, the
2019 edition had four more. Have they all really disappeared, and why?
Situation improving? And why has OMN just started up along with IRRS`
expanded Corona virus broadcasts --- related? So far Ethiopia has had
very little infexion (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** GUINEA. 9650, March 8 at 0044, no overtime signal from RTG tonight.
Ron Howard replies to last night`s report:

``Hi Glenn, There have been several cases recently of Radio Guinea
being on the air well beyond their normal schedule. Believe
this has to do with ongoing local events happening there. Here is the
"Security Alert – U. S. Embassy Conakry, Guinea":
https://gn.usembassy.gov/security-alert-u-s-embassy-conakry-guinea-6/
Ron, California`` That`s about avoiding areas of violent protests, but
no info what they are about (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** IRELAND. Re my unID carrier on 5780, March 5 at 0715, here`s a
possibility from the logs of Carlos Gonçalves, SW coast of Portugal:
5780.0 2145-... 03/3 IRL Harmony R - pir. Oldies. 35343 CGS
5780.0 1439-... 04/3 IRL Harmony R - pir. Mx.     15341 CGS
(Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** ITALY [non]. Re my obs of transmission overlap on 7290 IRRS just
before 1900 UT March 2, Richard Langley, NB, replies: ``Listening /
watching carefully today (7 March) at 19:00 UTC using the U. Twente
SDR receiver, I heard/saw no suggestion of a transmitter change from
before to after 19:00 UTC. Frequency stayed in the vicinity of
7289.998 kHz. -- Richard Langley`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** NETHERLANDS [non]. 5960, UT Sun Mar 8 at 0135, The Mighty Farty KBC
is VG as usual; Alan Roe reports already, ``NETHERLANDS/GERMANY. KBC
posted this on their Facebook page on 5 March: "On March 29 The Mighty
KBC is moving back to 9925 kHz for the summer period. Sunday 00:00 -
02:00 UTC." This is via Nauen. Alan Roe, Teddington, UK``

But normally 9925 is in use only May-August, following the Croatian
Radio Zagreb model. We`ll see whether MUF support 9925 a month+
earlier (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** NORTH AMERICA. 6923-LSB, March 8 at 0025, pirate with rock song,
0027 segué, 0030 ``Taste of Honey``, 0035 DJ says ``from the capital
of Argyle`` and something about Ireland, ``across the Great Plains of
the North Atlantic``; also pronounces ``oot`` Canadianish. 0043 ``Come
Together``, and gone by 0045. These logs say it`s Zekey`s Attic, first
heard at 1943 March 7 and another transmission in the evening:
https://www.hfunderground.com/board/index.php/topic,63871.0.html
(Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** ROMANIA. 6130 //> 7325, March 8 at 0058 RRI IS prior to English and
no signals on Romanian 5910 & 7410, as transmitters remain OOO.

5910, March 8 at 0129 recheck, however, now RRI is on with Romanian
rock and rap all with heavy beat, S9+20, but 7410 is still off. (I
should have checked 7340 next to 7345 OCB DRM.) Occasional quick two
or three words by YL DJ at 0138, 0149; 0157 ID barely discernible
under music. Alan Roe`s Music on Shortwave shows:
0100 - 0200 Su As We Like! (hour 2) (Club/party) 5910 7340
Wish I had kept listening after 0200 for:
0200 - 0256 Su Radio Concert Season (Classical) 5910 7340

6130, UT Sun Mar 8 at 0140-0145 meanwhile, RRI had its `DX Mailbag`
reading and replying to reports from Zeeland, Michigan; Finland; Japan
as poorly heard in DRM via SDR in Switzerland; and Dave Harries in
Bristol, England (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** U S A. 420 kHz, March 8 at 0645 UT, ND beacon PK, Olathe KS,
difficult to separate from another one IDing at same pitch, same time,
presumably the usual FQ, Fairmont MN, both 25 watts (Glenn Hauser, OK,
WOR)

** U S A [and non]. WORLD OF RADIO 2024 monitoring: confirmed UT
Sunday March 8 at 0413 on WA0RCR, 1860-AM, MO, about 11 minutes in so
started early around 0402, VG S9+30 --- this rivals another St Louis
station with much more power, KMOX 1120! Note: from next week due to
DST, nominal start will be 0315 UT. Next:

2130 UT Sunday    WRMI 7780 to NE
0130 UT Monday    WRMI 7780 to NE, 9395? to NNW
0230 UT Monday    WRMI 7780 to NE, 9395? to NNW
0300vUT Monday    WBCQ 5130v Area 51 to WSW
0330 UT Monday    WRMI 9955 to SSE
0900 UT Monday    Unique Radio NSW 5045-USB or 3210
1900vUT Monday    IRRS 7290 Romania? to WNW
0100 UT Tuesday   WRMI 7780 to NE
2100 UT Wednesday WRMI 7780 to NE
2100 UT Wednesday WBCQ 7490v to WSW
0100 UT Thursday  WRMI 7780 to NE

Full schedule including AM, FM, webcasts, satellite, podcasts:
http://www.worldofradio.com/radioskd.html
(Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** U S A. 5950, March 8 at 0016, WRMI with a rare spot commercial for
Dish TV vs cable, then ``back to the music`` Oldies where such ads can
be accommodated. The transmission sked shows 5950 during this hour is
System G, but the System G grid shows that on 9395 only, among a
number of contradixions (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** U S A. 5010, UT Sun Mar 8 at 0059, Rudy Espinal, Dominican
Republic, WRMI Spanish ID, while 5850 runs a Bob Biermann English ID.
At 0100 they join when `Encore` classical music is supposed to play
but instead Bob introduces music, not Oldies, rather tunes from the
very familiar World Music reel, the first song sounding like gibberish
but maybe a real language, which? Still no Encore at 0112, 0132 chex.
Such a default is what happens when there is something wrong with the
proper scheduled file. I notified Brice Avery about this and he says
the problem should be fixed for the next airing, UT Monday March 9 at
0300 on 9455 (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** U S A. 9330, March 8 at 1825, WLCR on WBCQ amid German hour as
previously scheduled, poor signal here. Ivo Ivanov and Alan Holder,
however, have heard some mixups or changes in times, languages,
azimuths now that Monticello is on EDT - which should be irrelevant to
overseas broadcasts (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** U S A. 5085, March 7 at 2209, WTWW-2 is already on at S9+40 with
music this Saturday, unlike yesterday - early UT Sat when it was not
on at all. But no 5830 WTWW-1.

5085, UT Sun Mar 8 at 0113 and 0134, still rock, no sign of nameless
theatre organ show nor ham news (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** U S A. 990, UT Sun Mar 8 at 0106, plug for bass event in
Birmingham, but no station there, then listing of fishing/hunting
events in FL, MO, WY so a network program, also plugging NRA.

This page
https://kwamthevoice.com/page-schedule
presents a ``weekly schedule`` without specifying *which* days!
Apparently means M-F only ignoring very different lineup on weekends.

Fortunately the host mentions his own website, bbkoradio.com which
converts to:
https://bigbillykinderoutdoors.com/
including KWAM-AM Saturdays 6-8 pm CT, from a well-designed affiliate
map at
https://bigbillykinderoutdoors.com/The-Show/Radio-Stations

0115 UT ID ``KWAM, The Voice, now on 107.9 and AM 990`` and
kwamtheoice.com --- Evidently the slogan is now just ``The Voice``
rather than ``Voice of Memphis``. This is dominant on my E-W longwire,
no CBW, which I do hear on the DX-398 aimed N/S; and on it E/W there
is also Spanish CCI.

107.9 is --- you guessed it --- a paltry 250-watt translator, W300DE.
Speaking of powers, when I heard 990 it was surely on 10 kW day power,
not 450 watt night power, which is supposed to start in March at 0000
UT! Day pattern is tight east-west, night also tight slightly
clockwise, both favoring us (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

UNIDENTIFIED. 5915, March 8 at 0005, very weak talk, African? At 0015
carrier is either wobbling or beating with another --- both Zambia and
Myanmar? (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

UNIDENTIFIED. 6966v, March 8 at 0020 as I am checking the pirate band,
a hamspur here, chirpy signal constantly drifting downward, seems like
negative keying so I only copy a DE W0 - something before losing it. I
would have tried to match it to a fundamental above 7.0 MHz (Glenn
Hauser, OK, WOR)

UNIDENTIFIED. 9411.0-USB, March 8 at 0042, 2-way in Spanish,
INTRUDERS. While 9410 is unoccupied by BBC Singapore until 0100 (Glenn
Hauser, OK, WOR)

This report despatched at 1917 UT March 8