** ANTARCTICA. 15475.98-RCUSB, Wed June 16 at 1450 UT tune-in via
Pardinho, Brasil KiwiSDR, LRA36 in quite well, with song at S7.
Side-tuning to 15475.00-USB, we can confirm there is a carrier,
reduced, but in SAM mode not enough to register an exact frequency
offset. Usual canned ID which says ``Nacional, Antártida Argentina, en
todo el país, la radio pública``, song; 1456 contact info for QSL,
then a long announcement about something? 1503 `NAA` ID, this week in
world history, for dates June 14, 15, 17, 18. 1506 music. 1512 NAA ID,
music; two quick QRMs of rapid clix overriding. 1522 quick weather
info including today`s high of 2 grados (not bad for midwinter in
Anta, above freezing!); contact info including whatsapp number, phone.
1524 reminds us of Saturday repeat, now fading down into noise level;
1525 Antártida song until 1526*.

Earlier I asked if anyone had the lyrix to it. Manuel Méndez, Spain
replied with as much of it as he could copy. Some parts are missing as
with [...], notably the opening stanza. No doubt there will be many
more chances for native speakers to hear it, or examine old
recordings.

``Hi Glenn, this is what I could understand from the Base Esperanza
song:

"...Pero el amor a la patria es más fuerte en Base Esperanza,
es por eso este homenaje, para que llene de gloria,
a todos los corazones que llevan en la memoria.
Lágrimas y pañuelos de adiós en la dársena norte dejó
el Irízar*, ese día que partió.

Qué esté atenta y centinela, la base Belgrano 2,
y la base Primavera....

También quiero yo nombrar, porque las llevó el mar,
a Belgrano y Belgrano 3, y la ciencia que nos dió su obra,
el amor por nuestro pueblo, el respeto a la bandera,
por el Comando Antártico Vida, en el confín de la tierra.
Con la fuerza de los vientos, ya salió de Palomar,
con rumbo a Base Marambio, el Hércules, al sur de ....
Lágrimas y pañuelos de adios, en la dársena norte dejó
el Irízar, ese día que partió, que partió."

*El ARA Almirante Irízar (Q-5) (RHAI) es un rompehielos perteneciente
a la Armada Argentina.```

And here is a Google translation I, gh, have slightly improved:

"... But the love of the country is stronger in Base Esperanza,
that is why this tribute, so that it fills with glory,
all the hearts that they carry in their memory.
Tears and goodbye handkerchiefs in the north dock left by
the Irízar *, that day it left.

Be vigilant and on guard, the Belgrano 2 base,
and the Primavera base ....

I also want to name, because the sea took them, the bases
Belgrano and Belgrano 3, and the science that their work gave us,
love for our people, respect for the flag,
by the Antarctic Life Command, at the end of the earth.

With the force of the winds, it has already left Palomar,
Heading to Marambio Base, Hercules, south of ....

Tears and goodbye handkerchiefs in the north dock left by
the Irízar *, that day it left."

* The ARA Almirante Irízar (Q-5) (RHAI) is an icebreaker belonging to
the Argentine Navy.`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** CANADA. 332-MCW kHz, June 16 at 0601 UT, ND beacon dash and QT from
Thunder Bay is audible over nearby IC Wichita; the two with very
different audio frequencies, IC higher. I still suffer high local
noise level but the storm noise is not too bad tonight, nothing
nearby. One other Canadian is copied, as these two high-power make it
if any do:

248-MCW kHz, June 16 at 0612 UT, NDB dash and WG, from WinnipeG (Glenn
Hauser, OK, WOR)

** KASHMIR [non]. 15170, Wed June 16 at 1503 check via UTwente, no
signal today from new clandestine as reported yesterday. Perhaps it
will be on Tuesdays only. As for the language, Arthur Pozner said:

``This was confirmed today in several Asian countries, the language
used is Urdu. Target area is Kashmir. Another clandestine broadcast;
and the "Uganda" program was cancelled several days ago!`` (Glenn
Hauser, OK, WOR)

** OKLAHOMA. 255-MCW kHz, June 16 at 0613 UT, ND beacon SW in
Stillwater is gone again. It had been regular whenever checked every
night since it came back March 17 after a 5+ week absence. Still off
at 1437 UT daytime check.

341-MCW kHz, June 16 at 1438 UT, ND beacon EI, Enid, is back! Can this
be coincidental just when SW 255 has vanished? Had been gone since
April 16. Checked every night. 25 watts only a few miles away, but a
struggle to copy, tipped by presence of a carrier first (Glenn Hauser,
Enid, WOR)

** OKLAHOMA. 90.1, June 16 at 0559 UT, KUCO-FM Edmond/OKC amid
restored music relayed from The Classical Station, WCPE, foregoes its
own ID and lets the WCPE + satellites station IDs come thru after
low-frequency cue tone clearly audible on my radio speaker into my
ears; as KUCO`s device is out for repair. As in previous report,
yesterday, KUCO was looping nothing but its own IDs all night. Yet to
learn of any MS DX of it following my tip (Glenn Hauser, Enid, WOR)

** U S A. WORLD OF RADIO 2090 monitoring; next:
2100 UT Wednesday WRMI 7780 to NE
2100 UT Wednesday WBCQ 7490v to WSW
2200 UT Wednesday WRMI 9955 [jammed?] to SSE
0130 UT Thursday  WRMI 5010 to S

Full schedule including AM, FM, webcasts, satellite, podcasts:
http://www.worldofradio.com/radioskd.html

Our non-commercial broadcasts and website depend on voluntary support:
thanks this week to Dan Gerrelfinger, Cincinnati OH, for a
donation ``as a thank you and to keep things going`` to
Glenn Hauser, Box 1684, Enid OK 73702 USA.

One may also contribute via PayPal, not necessarily in US funds,
to woradio at yahoo.com (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

This report dispatched at 1659 UT June 16