re
Surprise: WMLK tests in DRM mode on 9270-9275-9280 at 1554 UT

earlier in December item in TopNews #1526 file,
Bodo DF8DX Ampegon technician wrote

USA   WMLK  Further transmitter work. The Engineer and his assistant have
returned to Bethel to resume work on the WMLK Radio station. The picture
shows one of three rectifiers that change the voltage from AC to DC.

They will also be changing the frequency dynamics from 50 Hz to 60 Hz in
the rectifier firing control circuitry. See:

<wmlkradio.com/upgrade-to-the-rectifiers/>

The engineers that were with the unit before and after we bought this set
didn't think the frequency acceleration from 50 to 60 cps would make a
difference, but it has !  The European frequency is 50 Hz while the
US standard is 60 Hz.
(Alan Holder, G4ZBH, Isle of Wight, U.K.; wor Dec 9)

Re:  WMLK further work 2.0 on WMLK site Dec 11 to 22.

Change from 50 to 60 Hertz Standard Mains Frequency, in North America
is 60 Hz / 120 Volt.

It's a strange mail, I don't even know what it's supposed to tell me from
a technical point of view.

But something is indeed happening. I'm flying to the USA tomorrow Dec 11
and will be at WMLK until Dec 22, to work off all the little unfinished
business

and do a DRM upgrade.  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

The customer had ordered this later, but due to delivery problems
with the equipment I could not finish it in the summer.
Now all parts should be delivered.

In my spare time and maybe on the side, I will also be active as ham
radio operator KT3Q partly with the WMLK antenna on the KW stations.
(df8dx Dec 10)

(wwdxc BC-DX TopNews Dec 9)

read the WMLK  request entry in US fcc and hfcc.org organization database

9275 1700 2200 27,28,39 MLK  300 53degr azimuth even zones 27 and 28 in
Europe

slew0  antenna type ITU #902.
123456 = nothing service on Sats though
301022-260323  English        USA MLK FCC  request #1757

Bodo also erected the Abuja and Bechar Ampegon tx units in last decade.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Glenn Hauser via groups.io" <wghauser=yahoo....@groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2022 5:53 PM
Subject: Re: [WOR] WMLK in DRM on 9275

Some of the stuff displayed:

"Resistance to large delay/doppler spread"

DRM Mode D ILV L

I have no idea what a lot of this means

"TX: Ampegon TSW-2500D from Ampegon Power Electronics AG, Switzerland"
Note: earlier it read TSW 2300! Which is it??

1637 besides service 1 only, adds
2 and 4 but disappear before can copy details

SDR freezes 1640, reload, a bit more, then WMLK signal off per S-meter,
blank DRM readout. 1642 sig back on but nothing heard - because it`s now in
AM, starting regular sked early with Yahweh stuff.

Andrea Lawendel, Italy did not have enough to decode but heard via US
remote, same one? Wonders if illegally broadcasting to USA only? I think, no
more so than all the other US SW stations on AM with nominal external
targets.

DEJOM on AM drops off AM air again at 1650. 1651 back on S9 with silent DRM,
9.14 kbps. And so it goes
Glenn

On Wednesday, December 21, 2022, 05:29:26 PM GMT+1, Glenn Hauser via