** CUBA. 15230, Feb 27 at 1602, S7/S9 of dead air or maybe JBM from
RHC where something`s always wrong. Ops normal Spanish on 15140 S9+10
& 11760 S9/+10, the only midday frequencies supposed to be on air
(Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** NIGERIA. 7255-, Feb 27 at 0747, VON S9 with some unreadable
modulation, weaker than neighbor VANUATU, q.v. (Glenn Hauser, OK,
WOR)

** OKLAHOMA. Here we go! Our `spring` tornado season is underway UT
Feb 27. Major OKC TV stations are in wall-to-wall warning coverage by
0030 UT as the storms in TX Panhandle are moving swiftly into their
territory of western OK. The first half of CBS` 60 Minutes made it to
air but KWTV 25 ``9``, chopped into the Afghan/girls story before it
was over, and then we found KFOR 27 ``4`` deleted NBC programing, KOCO
7 ``5`` deleted ABC, and KOKH 24 ``25`` deleted Fox including a new
episode of The Simpsons at 0100 UT. We`ll have a lot of upcatching to
do via On Demand or online.

I don`t blame the stations for this essential public service! But I do
blame KWTV for not shifting CBS programming to its substation KSBI 23
``52`` as it has done in past and is certainly possible; especially
since this severe weather they have been predicting for almost a week!
If anyone cared what`s on NBC, KFOR could shove it to substation KAUT
19 ``43``; KOCO and KOKH have subchannels or substations and could do
likewise but have never seen them do it. Networx` HQ of all four must
not be too pleased.

Lots of views in the dark from the stations` mobile units even in TX.
KFOR labels one shot as from ``Sweetwater TX``! It`s obviously? really
Sweetwater OK, which is just east of Wheeler TX on the OK side. The
much larger Sweetwater in TX is way down out of the storm line near
Abilene TX - not KS, just to be clearer. We are concerned about this
in Enid, but not quite yet: storm line with winds of 80-100 mph if not
tornados too forecast to cross us circa 0300 UT. I`m not delaying
posting this in case we lose power or worse (Glenn Hauser, Enid, 0130
UT, WOR)

We are OK. Storms skirted north and east of Enid and moved away from
us, some tornado warnings for NE Garfield County and neighboring
areas. Wind was not even very high here but just in case we were ready
to go into the storm cellar around 0330 UT February 27. On portable
radio, only local stations with continuous weather coverage were 1390
KCRC // 1640 KZLS, obviously plugged into some TV station I did not
recognize, never aurally IDed, so probably from #4 station KOKH Fox
``25``. Out of OKC of course fixated on what`s happening in The Metro,
occasional info about here; better when NWS interrupts with our area
warnings. BOOO to KGWA, our other local commercial station, 960 //
100.9 which stayed in regular programming as well as all the FMs I
checked, including 107.1 KNID, which is the FM side of KCRC. At 0400,
KCRC & KZLS had enough and resumed ``WWLS The Sports Animal``. There
was lots of damage in western and central OK. All the TV stations
started covering that about 0400 UT, normal late news time, and stayed
on it toward midnight - well after 0500 UT. No doubt much more to
reported after daybreak and following days (Glenn Hauser, Enid, WOR)

** TURKEY [and non]. 5960.018, Feb 27 after 2300 I`m mainly attentive
to VOT, rather time collision with Spain since it`s a token English
Monday for them: all four frequencies are on in usual ranking; TRT
into UTwente S9+25/35, somewhat distorted, moreso during music. After
news, 2313-2315 `Review of the Turkish Press`; 2315 ``VOT, always with
you`` and `Feeling Supreme/The Healing Spring` on computer use and eye
health -- bottom line, bad for you as blink rate reduces and eyes dry
out, so I guess we should force ourselves to blink more often. 2323
multi-lingual ID filler reel. 2325 `Did You Know That?` about city of
Hatay, devastated by EQ, one of earliest settlements in Anatolia,
going back 100,000 years - did she mean 10,000? Heavily accented YL
hard to understand, and the CCCCCCI from XJPBS does not help, std
denunciation of imperialist ChiCom genocide against Uyghurs and other
Moslems in East Turkistan; music break. 2340-2343 a feature not caught
before, different theme but did not get title; about Turkey`s first
astronaut to be spaced this year - by whom? 2344 ``VOT, always by your
side``, music; 2348 ``ABYS`` again, so it is getting closer to Always.
2349 music; 2352 s/off with partial English sked not including this
one, only the 1330, 1930 and 0400, why? 2353 fragment of IS before
chopped off uncovering Urumqi. Something`s always erroneous at Emirler
(Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** U S A [and non]. WORLD OF RADIO 2179 monitoring: Confirmed Sunday
February 26 at 2100 on IRRS SW via AM Italia, 1323 kHz only, S9+15/20
into nearby Noale SDR with JBA CCI.

Also confirmed UT Monday February 27 at 0030 on WRMI 7780, S9/+10 into
Maryland SDR.

Also confirmed UT Monday February 27 at 0420 the 0400 on WBCQ Area 51,
6160 minus 60/63 Hz = 6159.937/940, S9 into Maryland SDR. Next:

0130 UT Tuesday WRMI 9395 to NNW
0030 UT Wednesday WRMI 9395 to NNW
1000 UT Wednesday Unique R, Australia 5035 USB [low power]
2200 UT Wednesday WBCQ 7490v to WSW
0130 UT Thursday WRMI 9395 to NNW
0130 UT Thursday WRMI 5010 to S

Full schedule including AM, FM, webcasts, satellite, podcasts:
http://www.worldofradio.com/radioskd.html

Like our website, a noncommercial service for which financial support
is appreciated, this week from Greg Putz, KI7UED, Bountiful UT,
``Thank you for your work!`` with a generous check to
Glenn Hauser, PO Box 1684, Enid OK 73702 USA

One may also contribute by MO or cheque on a US bank to above address;
or via PayPal, not necessarily in US funds, to
woradio at yahoo.com (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** VANUATU. 7260, Feb 27 at 0717, RV is S9/+10 direct with flutter,
stronger than neighbor NIGERIA, q.v. (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

UNIDENTIFIED. 2580, Feb 27 at 0755-0805 UT, tuned to 2579 USB for
harmonic carrier to pop on, but nothing from it as I am dozing off
(Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

UNIDENTIFIED. 9510, Feb 27 at 1557, S2 pulsing at rate of about 3X per
second, surely the same thing previously with steady carrier but
split-second breaks (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

This report dispatched at 0035 UT February 28