** ANTARCTICA. 15475.98 RC USB, here is the last word about LRA36
status, Jan 29 from Horacio Nigro:

```[WOR] [Antarctica] LRA 36 R Nac Arcángel San Gabriel, current
status info from Adrian Korol Director of RAE, Argentina --- Hi
DXfellows, The following text translated to English (thanks to Bard IA
for the best syntax given from the original in Spanish) has just been
released as a message on "DXnosaurs", my WhatsApp group coming from
OM: Adrian Korol, Director of RAE, Argentina:

``Dear Colleagues, Alejandro Petrecca (Chief of the LRA1 Transmitter
Plant) and Claudio García (technical operator of Radio Nacional El
Bolsón and amateur radio operator with previous experience at LRA 36)
finally arrived at Joint Antarctic Base Esperanza today. Their mission
is to perform maintenance and optimization work on the audio chain,
install a new console, and place the FM antenna and the tower that
will be used for the new LRA 36 shortwave transmitter.

Upon arrival, they discovered that the output stage of the Collins HF
80 transmitter, which is used to transmit LRA 36 programs on 15476
kHz, was burned out. They also found that the tower sections for the
shortwave antenna and the audio console had not yet arrived at the
base.

LRA 36 broadcast regularly until January 13. Then, Juan Benavente, the
architect of many if not all of LRA 36's achievements in recent years,
was unfairly recalled. With Benavente's departure, the radio was left
in the hands of unqualified people, which is evident by the fact that
the transmitter burned out the day after Benavente returned.

The causes of the fire are being investigated, but it is possible that
it was due to the incompetence of those who remained at the base. Juan
and Nicole Valdebenito (operator) know the sequences necessary to
start up the transmitter by heart, but this was not the case with
those who came after them.

There are many issues surrounding this matter, but it would be very
important to spread this news among colleagues around the world.

At this time, Petrecca and García are installing the FM antenna for
local coverage.

It is estimated that the new Studio Console and audio distributor
donated by Trialcom, thanks to a personal effort by Juan Benavente,
will arrive at Joint Antarctic Base Esperanza by the end of next
week.

The output board of the transmitter is also being sent to replace the
burned one and keep it in operation during February.

If Juan Benavente had been coordinating, none of these situations
would have occurred. Unfortunately, political favors promoted by the
previous administration left LRA 36 abandoned in its most important
mission, which is shortwave transmission.

JUAN BENAVENTE must return to LRA 36 as soon as possible to sustain
the radio until the arrival of the donated new transmitter. I estimate
that if they agree and the planets align, we could resume LRA 36
shortwave broadcasts before the end of February.

Thank you for spreading the above information. Adrian Korol Director
of RAE``

73 Horacio Nigro, CX3BZ, "La Galena del Sur", Montevideo, Uruguay```
(via gh, WOR)

** CUBA. 5025, Jan 29 at 0747, torch song in English, could it be
Rebelde? No! program source is now ``Habana Radio`` as in distorted ID
at 0749. 5025 reactivation first reported by John the VORW in FL, Jan
26 at 0319, presumably as Rebelde, but this ID was first reported by
Bill Tilford, IN, Jan 28 at 0500. WRTH 2024 pp 214-215 shows it the
main station for Ciudad de la Habana province, on FM only but also FM
in some other provinces. Via Alan Roe, here is the program schedule
and listen link; and undated 25th anniversary:
http://www.habanaradio.cu/category/programacion/
Of course, R. Rebelde remains overkilled on MW all over Cuba yet gone
now from SW, why? Nice to hear something else, HR, which is nowhere
even on MW. Something`s odd if not wrong at RadioCuba. Michel FREMY
explains: ``It was a special programme of Radio Rebelde which
broadcast the ceremonies and concerts to mark the 25th anniversary of
Habana Radio``. January 30 at 0158 check, it`s  neither: 5025 off the
air again (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** CUBA. 11756 & 11764, Jan 29 at 1637, roaring spurblobs flanking
11760. Something`s always wrong at RHC (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** SPAIN. 9690, Monday January 29, token English from SNR; after news,
Lebanon correspondent, from 2313 interview about Lanzarote, Islas
Canarias, at the tourism expo. VG direct (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** TURKEY [and non]. The reactivated `Letterbox` on V of Turkey
appeared again this Sunday Jan 28 at 2317-2329 on 5960.002, which was
not off the air, but VG S9+30/40 into UTwente, yet with JBA
undercurrent of CCCCCCI. Mostly reception reports, QSL requests - no
eQSLs, just by post but may take a while. From UK, 3 from India,
Finland, Italy, USA, Lucas Bandura from BC Canada, Germany. Said would
be back next week. With a little luck, this one will repeat at 0417 UT
Monday on 6125, unchecked. Rest of 5960 broadcast unusually nothing
but songs 2329-2354, s/off as if 1330 on 13635 only, semiminute of IS
and off by 2354.5* uncovering XJRTV. Standard genocidal remarx about
both (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** TURKEY [and non]. 5960.013, Jan 29 at 2303, VOT English JBA direct;
and 9610 JBA carrier presumably China, since checking UTwente at 2333
when measured, VOT is VG and with heavy SAH since it`s so far
off-frequency, presumably beating with East Turkistan, std. genocidal
denunciation of both. Turkish music plays until 2340 `That`s Why`
voiced by the badax, something about sunlight, claiming our Sun is at
the center of the Milky Way rather than outskirts! 2346
``with-you-every-hour`` promo, music. 2351 canned s/off reverts to the
totally wrong one with current frequencies but all times called UTC
are really local UT+3; fragment of IS chopped off at 2353*,
finesseless, uncovering the 6CI. As for VP 5960 reception direct, this
is likely to worsen on the average as we approach spring with more and
more solarlight on the GC path, such that we shall wish they changed
already before official A24 at Marchend; last year it was 11785 at
2200 (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** U S A [and non]. WORLD OF RADIO 2227 monitoring: Also confirmed
Sunday January 28 at 2100 on IRRS via AM Italia, 1323 kHz, S7/S9 into
nearby Noale SDR, no QRM.

Also confirmed Sunday January 28 at 2257 the 2230 on SW Radio,
Germany, 3975, S8/9+10 into UTwente. Off the air at 2300.

Also confirmed UT Monday January 29 at 0030 on WRMI 7780, S9+10/15
into Durango2 SDR and with no utenoiseblast audible at outset. Recheck
slightly before 0059, music playing already, so was WOR truncated?

Also confirmed UT Monday January 29 at 0400 on Area 51 via WBCQ
6159.963, S9+10/20 into NH SDR.

Also confirmed Monday January 29 at 2030 & 2054 on SW Radio, Germany,
3975, S8/S9 and noisy into UTwente; 2059 ID and FSN headlines, 2100
The Frogman, Frogzilla for the next bihour, ``24/7 progressive rock``.
Next:

0330 UT Tuesday WRMI 7780 to SW
1400 UT Tuesday WRMI 9955 to SSE [also web-, phonecast; jammed?]
0030 UT Wednesday WRMI 9395 to NNW
1200 UT Wednesday Unique R, NSW 5035-USB or 3210-USB
1230 UT Wednesday Unique R, NSW 5035-USB or 3210-USB
[previous #2226][SW suspended but still streamed?]
1500 UT Wednesday WRMI 9955 [unsked but reconfirmed Jan 3, 10, 17, 24]
2030 UT Wednesday SW Radio, Germany 3975
2200 UT Wednesday WBCQ 7490v to WSW,
0130 UT Thursday WRMI 5010 to S
0230 UT Thursday WRMI 9395 to NNW
1730 UT Thursday SW Radio, Germany 3975
[not all SW Radio, Germany times confirmed; may be testing]

As noncommercial services, financial support appreciated. Thanks this
week to Chris Campbell, Columbus OH for a contribution via PayPal in
US funds but not necessarily, to: woradio at yahoo.com and says, ``I
try to send support on a regular basis. I use your I/O group, radio
show or weekly roundup on a daily basis. Your information is
priceless`` and also mailed a box of equipment.

One may also contribute by money order or check on a US bank to:
Glenn Hauser, PO Box 1684, Enid OK 73702 (Glenn Hauser, OK,  WOR)

** U S A. 5950, UT Mon Jan 29 at 0420, I run across some nice
``ambient`` music on this WRMI, where I was listening to `Encore`
classical music at 0300-0400. Brief ID at 0451 as R. Catface
International; 0456 some brief SSTV beepery. 0500 C M Obrecht`s music
show starts with artificial voice but soon chopped off the air, why?
That`s nowhere at all on the WRMI skedgrid. He does special bookings
rather than regular weeklies anywhere. It seems this is the only WRMI
time for RCI, 0400-0500 UT Mondays, and it`s nowhere on the
Programming page, so I search it out to:
http://meowr.net/
I have no idea whether it`s always ambient, but there are playlists
for 14 shows thru Oct. Also linx to an attempt by Guero to reorganize
WRMI schedules:
http://meowr.net/skedgrid
into more usable formats but I`m afraid this is also confusing, and
inaccurate per a few WOR times I find. Many blox are not specific, and
lots of `TOMBS` - wonder where they got that? Anyhow, check it out
(Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

UNIDENTIFIED. 7292-7304 approx., Jan 29 at 0752, S9+26 of DRMish
noise, but not exactly, and center would be about 7298. Nothing listed
in DRM at this hour on 7290, 7295 or 7300, nor any likely jamming
targets. A ham experiment? (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

This report dispatched at 0212 UT January 30