Clear the road to Iowa!  Seven-time Tour de France champ Lance Armstrong is
pedaling into the race for '08, and MSNBC is gearing up for the ride.

On Hardball tonight, we'll bring you Lance Armstrong's exclusive announcement
of a first-of-its-kind event that will shake up Decision 2008.  Don't miss it!

Chris and the Hardball road team are in Cedar Falls today with the champion
cyclist, who's been riding through the Hawkeye State on the Des Moines
Register's Annual Bicycle Ride Across Iowa.  Presidential contender John
Edwards was also out for the ride, while other '08 hopefuls pounded the
pavement in more conventional campaign stops around the state.

Besides our big announcement, the '08 front page story today is the latest
round of Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY) vs. Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL).  The top two
Democratic contenders are going head-to-head on whether a U.S. president should
meet with anti-American world leaders.  We'll get the latest on the war of
words from Hardball's David Shuster.  Then we'll hash out the debate with Rep.
Steve Israel (D-NY), a Clinton supporter, and Rep. Adam Smith (D-WA), who backs
Obama.

In other Washington news, the President's Commission for Wounded Warriors gave
their recommendations on how to best care for America's wounded veterans.
Former senator and presidential candidate Bob Dole and former Health and Human
Services Secretary Donna Shalala co-chair the advisory group set up by
President Bush after the Walter Reed scandal.  We'll get all the report details
when Donna Shalala joins us later in the show.

Plus, our Hawkeye Hardball Panel - Kay Henderson from Radio Iowa and James
Lynch from the Cedar Rapids Gazette - will be here to talk Iowa, the Ground
Zero of '08 politics, President Bush's sinking approval ratings, and all the
hot news inside the Beltway, out in the Heartland and around the country.

For the latest on all of today's political news, go to the best political
website www.politics.msnbc.com powered by NBC News and the National Journal.
Don't forget to check out NBC's "First Read" http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/
and MSNBC.com's political calendar http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14708421/.

Shelby Poduch compiled the "Hardball Briefing" from Washington, D.C.