But can the XBox be readily hacked?  Wait... wait...  I feel a Google coming on......

  http://www.xbox-linux.org/

Cha-Ching!

Link, Chuck M wrote:
Now, now . . . I do have Linux running on a Playstation 2 (as is, no added chips, no rewiring).  I was planning a session at ITC showing VistA running and hide the PS2 'til the end, but it turns out that since it's not an X86 box, GT.M will not run on it.

The XBox IS an X86, a Pentium III . . .